WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

This raised a huge red flag for me. Why was a 24-year-old hanging out with a 15-year-old?

I can’t think of a good reason. I can tell you I didn’t have half that much freedom at 15, so I didn’t hang out with 24 year old men. Not a judgement, just a fact.

MOO

I can’t think of a good reason. I can tell you I didn’t have half that much freedom at 15, so I didn’t hang out with 24 year old men. Not a judgement, just a fact.

MOO

Oh, I don't mean that Kayla wouldn't want to, if she were able...you know how impressive it is in hs to hang out with older guys. But my question was regarding the 24-year-old choosing to hang out with a girl barely in hs, rather than someone closer to his own age. That IMO is the red flag.

I also wonder...were there any public (or private) surveillance cameras in the area? Yes, it's been 10 years, but you have to wonder what might have been recorded that weekend.

I think that it is odd, that after the possible Walmart sighting, her friend said that she had hoped it was her, that she was actually still alive.... is it possible that some of the friends know more than they say? I don't believe it was intentional, but I believe some of them know more.

Exactly what I'm getting at. Who even said this?

Aug 9 2019 rbbm.
Wisconsin mother still searching on 10th anniversary of daughter Kayla Berg’s disappearance

“Somebody doesn’t just vanish off the face of the earth. I think something bad happened, but I don’t know for sure,” Kayla’s mother Hope Berg said. “Then there’s that hope and faith that she is out there somewhere safe and we can bring her home. There’s a lot of things that run through your mind when something like this happens.”
kaylaandmom_15acce3c4a95c466e718ac27385e0e99.fit-760w.jpg

Hope and Kayla Berg.
Hope Berg told Dateline that, “I always try to keep that hope and faith alive. The Ohio women were found. Jayme Closs was located. That always gives someone renewed hope and faith, like, ‘Maybe that could happen to me.’”

Kayla Berg would be 25 years old today. If you have any information on her disappearance, please contact the Antigo Police Department at (715) 627-6411

Weekend search in Langlade County connected to Kayla Berg disappearance

Weekend search in Langlade County connected to Kayla Berg disappearance

"ANTIGO, Wis. (WSAW) -- The Antigo Police Department says a search was done over the weekend in the Nicolet National Forest in eastern Langlade County related to the search for Kayla Berg.

Berg has been missing since 2009. She was 15-years-old at the time.

Antigo Police say the search area was chosen based on information that was gathered throughout the investigation. Police say nothing was found, but more work will be done.

Seven K9 teams and members of area law enforcement searched 11-square miles of the forest.

Berg was last seen by a friend in Wausau on Aug. 11, 2009 – weeks before her 16th birthday. Investigators said Kevin Kielcheski of Deerbrook was the last person to see Kayla Berg before she disappeared on Aug. 11, 2009..."

DOJ: Hunter finds human remains in Adams County

Maybe Kayla? Body was discovered about 100 miles from Antigo.

Authorities ID human remains found in wooded area in Adams County as woman missing since May

ADAMS COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities have identified the human remains found in a wooded area in Adams County on Nov. 23.

The Adams County medical examiner identified the remains as Annastasia Evans, 24, of Dane County.

She has been missing since May 8 from the Town of Dunn.

I just started listening to the Trace Evidence Podcast on Kayla, and finally heard some details about Kevin Kielcheski’s statement to police when interviewed about the details of his last evening with Kayla.

I have been doing a lot of digging into the amount of information I can find online about this case. As I mentioned before, I grew up in the neighborhood where Kayla went missing and my childhood connections to the places where she would hang out are uncanny. But that was in the early 90’s. The condemned house on E. Wausau Ave where Kevin K said to have dropped her off, I was friends with and babysat for the family that USED to own that house in the 90’s. There is information online as to the place Miguel was living after he left the condemned house, and that was a rental near the corner of 6th Street and Bridge Street. I know for certain it is a rental because it had been the residence of another kid I knew in the 90’s and is still owned by the same family.

I only share this information because I know this neighborhood inside and out and a comment Kevin made in his interview with police struck me as odd.

Per the podcast:

“When Kayla exited the vehicle, he backed out of the driveway and began heading home never waiting to see if she got in or if she was safe. When asked for the location of the home, Kevin was evasive in his answers. He explained that there were a lot of one way roads in Wausau and he wasn’t sure where he was going and that Kayla directed him.”

If he drove Kayla directly to the house on E. Wausau Ave, he would have encountered ZERO one way roads as E. Wausau Ave is technically Business 52 and is the most direct route into Wausau from Antigo. To encounter any one way streets, he would have had to keep driving West on E. Wausau Ave/Bus. 52 till he hit a set of lights at 6th (a one way heading north till this point) and E. Wausau/Bus 52., then continue to 5th St to be able to make the left onto a one way street that heads south towards Bridge St. The fact that he was encountering one way streets gives me the impression that he took Kayla to Miguel’s new residence. This is not the most direct route to Miguel’s rental but if one is not from Wausau, one might go this way. With that being said, if he dropped her off at Miguel’s new residence, if anyone was home, he likely would NOT be able to pull into the driveway if there was even one car parked there as there is only one stall for parking. There are other nuggets I found online where testimony from people at the Bridge street residence saying Kayla got out and back into a vehicle parked on the road outside the Bridge street house. I would also suspect that Kevin stayed in his vehicle and that this was for a short period of time. This house is right by an unusual median and parking in front of this Bridge St. house would narrow the lane for oncoming traffic. From here Kevin could have driven forward and taken a left on either 7th or 8th street and reached E. Wausau Ave/Bus 52 and be within blocks of the condemned house.

Part of me speculates that those inside the Bridge St. house told Kayla to go back to the Wausau Ave house and maybe they would party there. One has to remember, at that time it was condemned but it doesn’t mean that Miguel or anyone associated with him couldn’t have access to it. It wasn’t fully “boarded up” at the time nor is it today. There are other very detailed accounts on Reddit I’ve read online that allude to the fact that time was spent at the Wausau Ave location but can’t cite the sources. Pretty sure that Reddit user has been on this thread. I would be interested in his/her specifics being shared. I can’t PM that user though.

Considering Kayla took her mother/father that she would be staying at her friends house. Yet she went back to Wausau after telling her mother that she wouldn't anymore after the last scare of her missing where she turned up okay. So we obviously know she was going somewhere else than her ex-boyfriends new house.

According to Miguel's sister, Kayla and Kevin were at his Bridge St. address the day before she disappeared. Notice her disclaimer/admission that "If we were partying with her the night before it was at his new house" (on Bridge St.)

If we take Kevin at his word that he dropped her off at Miguel's old house then where would she have gone? Well, what Miguel's sister didn't say was that Miguel's brother, Cary J. Lang, Jr., lived three houses down from Miguel's abandoned house on Wausau Ave. This house was the party house. Police had been there a few times for parties and such. In fact, police had gone there following a lead in the disappearance and murder of Stephanie Low in October of 2010. Stephanie had disappeared a year earlier in August.

This was a party house that hosted parties for adults and children.

Why wasn't that brought up in the investigation? Who else lived there? Cody L. Kroeplin. Who is another of Miguel's brothers that lived nearby? Alfredo B. Marrero.

You'll find both of them on the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registry.

SORT :: home

So, we have a 19 year old, Miguel, going out with a 15 year old, and partying with other children, admitted to by two girls interviewed in the Disappeared video and showing an adult, Kevin, taking underage girls to parties, drinking and doing drugs. According to that video, a cadaver dog alerted on Miguel's car and two places on Kevin's farm.

It's not too hard to figure out what happened. I'll end with uploading two photos taken off Cary Lang's social media page. This is just some of what I've researched over the years. Something bad happened to Kayla and from what I've been hearing things just might start busting loose.

Attachments

• miguelexcuse3.jpg
    miguelexcuse3.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 159
  • miguelexcuse.jpg
    miguelexcuse.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 1007 e wausau  ave.jpg
    1007 e wausau ave.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 144
  • langfacebookgunscont..jpg
    langfacebookgunscont..jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 138
  • langfacebookguns.jpg
    langfacebookguns.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 115
Considering Kayla took her mother/father that she would be staying at her friends house. Yet she went back to Wausau after telling her mother that she wouldn't anymore after the last scare of her missing where she turned up okay. So we obviously know she was going somewhere else than her ex-boyfriends new house.

According to Miguel's sister, Kayla and Kevin were at his Bridge St. address the day before she disappeared. Notice her disclaimer/admission that "If we were partying with her the night before it was at his new house" (on Bridge St.)

If we take Kevin at his word that he dropped her off at Miguel's old house then where would she have gone? Well, what Miguel's sister didn't say was that Miguel's brother, Cary J. Lang, Jr., lived three houses down from Miguel's abandoned house on Wausau Ave. This house was the party house. Police had been there a few times for parties and such. In fact, police had gone there following a lead in the disappearance and murder of Stephanie Low in October of 2010. Stephanie had disappeared a year earlier in August.

This was a party house that hosted parties for adults and children.

Why wasn't that brought up in the investigation? Who else lived there? Cody L. Kroeplin. Who is another of Miguel's brothers that lived nearby? Alfredo B. Marrero.

You'll find both of them on the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registry.

SORT :: home

So, we have a 19 year old, Miguel, going out with a 15 year old, and partying with other children, admitted to by two girls interviewed in the Disappeared video and showing an adult, Kevin, taking underage girls to parties, drinking and doing drugs. According to that video, a cadaver dog alerted on Miguel's car and two places on Kevin's farm.

It's not too hard to figure out what happened. I'll end with uploading two photos taken off Cary Lang's social media page. This is just some of what I've researched over the years. Something bad happened to Kayla and from what I've been hearing things just might start busting loose.

Very interesting.Thanks for sharing.

Very interesting.Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.

Alfredo B. Marrero is currently on Facebook under an altered/assumed name, again...

Alfredo B Marreeo
https://www.facebook.com/dianna.layman.58

That's a violation of Wisconsin sex offender rules and Facebook rules.
Convicted sex offenders aren't allowed to use Facebook. He's currently linked up with Cody L. Kroeplin, a sex offender friend on another Facebook page who lived at Cary Lang's house two doors down where Kayla disappeared.

Cody L. Kroeplin
Cody Kroeplin

You're welcome.

Alfredo B. Marrero is currently on Facebook under an altered/assumed name, again...

Alfredo B Marreeo
https://www.facebook.com/dianna.layman.58

That's a violation of Wisconsin sex offender rules and Facebook rules.
Convicted sex offenders aren't allowed to use Facebook. He's currently linked up with Cody L. Kroeplin, a sex offender friend on another Facebook page who lived at Cary Lang's house two doors down where Kayla disappeared.

Cody L. Kroeplin
Cody Kroeplin

Lots of vital information.I hope this case is very active regarding the police and the detectives.It is inconceivable that the people who responsible to an heinous crime continue to enjoy their daily routine,I wish the day of justice will finally come.

This is an interesting missing person's case. I just came across it and cannot believe how old it is. I thought I would offer a perspective. The 24 year old man who said he dropped Kayla off at the condemned house is either unlucky or smart. The reason is we cannot verify whether or not Kayla Berg was ever dropped off there.

So by "unlucky or smart", my point is that he is unlucky that no one can verify he dropped Kayla off at the condemned house which would definitely help his case in the public eye. Or he is smart in that he chose a story that did not include a place with possible surveillance cameras around or witnesses that could be used to contradict his story and prove that he is lying. So maybe the police were able to prove he did at least drive to the approximate location of the condemned house? I don't know. But if a person wanted to come up with a story that they went somewhere they did not, that would be a good way to do it.

The only story is from the last person to see her alive. And that leaves a lot of gray area about what may have happened to Kayla Berg.

In order to prove my point about how sometimes suspects will try to come up with a travel story to prove the victim left their car, I included a link below to a 60 minutes Australia case about a girl named Tiahleigh Palmer. The suspect was rather easy to identify in that case. The interesting part of the story is about the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back