Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

@jypsijemini - 'She also claimed that she was not dependent on TA for any financial support.'
And claimed that she was lending Travis money, in spite of evidence to the contrary.
Watching her on the stand turned me into a screaming, hair pulling mess. Such a liar. And killer.

Welcome to Websleuths!

@jypsijemini - 'She also claimed that she was not dependent on TA for any financial support.'
And claimed that she was lending Travis money, in spite of evidence to the contrary.
Watching her on the stand turned me into a screaming, hair pulling mess. Such a liar. And killer.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I was the very same! I'm addicted to watching the case in its entirety, loving every minute JM gets to absolutely obliterate her claims. It's the only thing that distracts me from the absolute evil that woman is. My partner is baffled by the way that I delve so deeply into these gruesome, horrific cases but it's the way that justice can prevail and reveal the truth that has me hooked.

And thank you! I'm so relieved to have found such an educated, learned forum full of likeminded sleuths! <3

I was the very same! I'm addicted to watching the case in its entirety, loving every minute JM gets to absolutely obliterate her claims. It's the only thing that distracts me from the absolute evil that woman is. My partner is baffled by the way that I delve so deeply into these gruesome, horrific cases but it's the way that justice can prevail and reveal the truth that has me hooked.

And thank you! I'm so relieved to have found such an educated, learned forum full of likeminded sleuths! <3

Many of us have partners or husbands or wives or friends who find our fascination with murder trials incomprehensible. Or odd. Or disconcerting. Or aggravating.

Or ....tiresome, sometimes even EXTREMELY that, to a point well beyond eye rolls, so when you ask- "can I tell you something?" and after hearing silence or a "you got me!" giggle they say, with utter dread, "this isn't about THAT TRIAL/THAT PSYCHO, is it??" and all but beg you to stop. :D

Seconding your welcome to here. ( It IS nice to find like-minded peeps who are habitual rabbit hole divers, eh? ;))

Many of us have partners or husbands or wives or friends who find our fascination with murder trials incomprehensible. Or odd. Or disconcerting. Or aggravating.

Or ....tiresome, sometimes even EXTREMELY that, to a point well beyond eye rolls, so when you ask- "can I tell you something?" and after hearing silence or a "you got me!" giggle they say, with utter dread, "this isn't about THAT TRIAL/THAT PSYCHO, is it??" and all but beg you to stop. :D

Seconding your welcome to here. ( It IS nice to find like-minded peeps who are habitual rabbit hole divers, eh? ;))
Yes indeed!

For most of us, it's the addiction to the truth. We're natural investigators. Growing up in a Christian home, I was never allowed to delve into these sorts of stories, fictional or not. I'd sneak out of bed whenever CSI was on and try to make up some sort of story why I couldn't sleep - just to catch a glimpse! But then I had access to a library where I picked up my first John Grisham book - and then another, and then another.

And soon that became an obsession with true crime stories. And before long, YouTube came along and with it, an endless web of real-life stories that I could try to unravel by myself.

It's always baffled my loved ones how I can be so bubbly and empathic and at the same time, can't get enough of these unfathomable examples of human depravity and evil. My parents say I've always had a 'fascination with the dark side' but it's not the details and crimes themselves that get my blood pumping. It's the justice. The uncovering of truth. The way that body language and even word choice can bring even the most well-constructed lies crumbling down. It's the exhaustive efforts of investigators who work tirelessly to bring the truth into light.

People think I'm strange, but I don't feel strange here. I got hooked on countless conspiracy theories for a while there, but the truth is so much harder to find when you're trying to prove the existence of the Illuminati, to try to figure out whether the world really is FLAT or whether MK Ultra mind control really exists. But in the same way, all I am really searching for is the truth - not some fantastical version of reality.

At least with criminal cases, I know that there's always evidence. There's always either a confession or a denial. There's always a story being told by the scene. It's just a big physical and mental jigsaw puzzle that can be sorted into place to figure out what the picture really looks like.

Thank you for such a sweet and warm welcome, @Hope4More !! :)

PS to anyone else who waded through that dreck.

No, the FBI didn't do a "forensic investigation" of texts between Jennifer Woods and JM. How absurd. The FBI would have no grounds, reason, legal authority or jurisdiction to do any such investigation.

And.....what texts? Whatever alleged texts were sent by either Woods or JM would have had to still exist on either his or her cellphone. Phone carriers don't retain text content after texts are delivered. Woods and/or JM would have had to voluntarily turn her/his phone over, years after the fact, to have the alleged texts extracted. To what agency, exactly? And....why?

The only "investigation" into texts has been by Karen Clark, attorney for TA's murderer, and by the AZ bar, as part of their processing of Clark & Co's scurrilous sex sex sex bar complaint against JM.

Accusations leveled in a bar complaint relate to alleged ethical misconduct, as in violations of an attorney's professional ethical obligations. Not law breaking. Not criminal activity/crimes. Not involving investigations by LE at any level, much less by the frikking FBI, fgs.

Last..the only texts relating to Woods and JM that Clark & Co
have ever included in their exceedingly verbose, throw everything against the wall to see what sticks, unethical bar complaints against JM have been texts between Woods and Tammy the Chopper Rose, NOT between JM and Woods.

Good grief, already.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the special ‘Jodi Arias: The Friends Speak’ that showed tonight on Reelz? The title was misleading; it should’ve been called Travis’ Friends Speak.

Chris Hughes (good friend), Enrique Cortex (roommate), Chad Perkins (childhood friend), & Ryan Burns (One time date of Jodi’s) do both individual & round table interviews about Travis and the case. Mostly stories we’ve all heard before, although Chris did say that the supposed Spidey photo was one of that Jodi took of his kids. They also show some of the ‘letters’ that Jodi claimed he wrote.

But Alice LaViolette is there, still with her DV BS. They do have another forensic physiologist on there that kind of counters her.

Overall, interesting but not that much new (except I think Chris looks good as he ages and with the beard LOL). I think it supposed to re-air on Thursday at 7pm & 11pm. Not sure if it’s OnDemand.

Thoughts of anyone that watched?

Waiting now for what might be a fairly clustered together bunch of news: that the killer's appeal has been denied; that Karen Clark's sex sex sex Bar Complaint against JM is slapped down for the second and last time, and hopefully somewhere in there, that the killer & Clark's civil lawsuit against Nurmi is slapped down too. (Nurmi doesn't deserve to win, but an attorney who makes sand castle accusations out of the killer's rvenge-seeking lies is even less deserving).

Hope4More. ;)

Last edited:
I watched.
And yes, I was a little surprised when Chris told the story abt Jodi taking the pics of his kids, and the one child wearing the spiderman underwear.

It just goes to show you, as Chris said as well, that she kinda intertwines things to fit a certain picture or situation she wants to project out there to the world.

I was also shocked to hear that his ex-wife kind of told her off, and asked her to leave their home. I would of wondered if she would hv come and hunted me down after that...lol...(not funny, but ykwim) jmo

I watched.
And yes, I was a little surprised when Chris told the story abt Jodi taking the pics of his kids, and the one child wearing the spiderman underwear.

It just goes to show you, as Chris said as well, that she kinda intertwines things to fit a certain picture or situation she wants to project out there to the world.

I was also shocked to hear that his ex-wife kind of told her off, and asked her to leave their home. I would of wondered if she would hv come and hunted me down after that...lol...(not funny, but ykwim) jmo

Do you mean Sky? Did Chris talk about the killer not leaving after Sky told her bluntly to get out? BTW, lots of folks here believed Sky's life would have been in danger if the killer hadn't been arrested as she packed (with that gun and knife) to flee Yreka.

Thank goodness for the DVR (skipping those ads).

I liked listening to the friends talk, especially Ryan in Utah, the after-murder tryst. I'm sad Chris and Skye are divorced--I wonder how much this case contributed to that since Skye wasn't part of the show. And I found it interesting that yet another story evolves (spiderman underwear) that Jodi took from and intertwined into her case. That was so true of so many other episodes in her story. Nothing original from Jodi. I've always believed Jodi orchestrated the personalized underwear...they looked like one of her craft projects not a gift from Travis.

I watched this case start to finish and have read every book except all those South African(?)'s, whose work I find tedious (Nick something); and I was surprised at how much was not allowed into the courtroom that we heard or saw last night. Do any of YOU guys remember actually seeing (I'd HEARD of them) any of those letters supposedly written by Travis? Maybe there was a doc dump on one of the attorney/journo's sites that I missed.

Not much to say, otherwise. Oh, wait, LaViolette. I still find her manipulated by Jodi, and Jodi's fake letters. Juan saw straight through her and LaViolette did not like that one bit. I believe LaViolette believed the certified liar, Jodi, and those fake letters; and LaV based her analysis on them instead of existing facts and the lack of ANY corroborating evidence. LaViolette could never explain why the domestically abused Jodi kept driving hundreds of miles to be abused.

Oh, I did find it interesting that there was a mention that if there WAS a retrial, Jodi could be up for the death penalty again. I wonder why she would risk that knowing how very close she came to being sentenced to death. Jodi's never going to walk away from this. But I guess appeals keep her interested in life. Wouldn't it be something if she were granted a new trial, the judge shut it down tight like they did the Berreth case (NO publicity, Jodi's personal drug), and it resulted in a death penalty. Ha. If only.

I don't know if it's on YouTube. It's a good channel, good stories. I wish it didn't have commercials though.

Thanks. I checked. Not on YT.

fwiw. To get Reelz it looks like you first have to have Amazon Prime, then you pick and choose individual content (channels? apps?) and pay per month for each.

I'm mostly curious about LaVi had to say, if she's changed her mind or story even a little bit (doubt it) or if she feels the slightest bit embarrassed (doubt it).

Also doubt the interviewer asked her if she'd read what Nurmi had to say about her in his book (really really doubt it).

Reelz is in my package for Comcast/Xfinity. I don’t have Amazon Prime. Maybe check w/a friend or relative if they have it if you really want to see it.

LaVi said basically the same story, although she did admit the murder was horrible. I still want to ask her why she took Jodi’s words as truth.

Reelz is in my package for Comcast/Xfinity. I don’t have Amazon Prime. Maybe check w/a friend or relative if they have it if you really want to see it.

LaVi said basically the same story, although she did admit the murder was horrible. I still want to ask her why she took Jodi’s words as truth.

I tend to think that LaVi took Jodi's words as truth because that's what she's inclined to do. That's her job. And, Jodi prob manipulated the carp out of LaVi.
Jodi seems to be very convincing...no?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back