***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess he has no reason to speak. His family just nominated him for Father of the year.

As for LWOP, i'm fine with that but i don't think he should be able to have weekly visits with everyone.. that makes his life a bit better. I'm sure they are keeping his commissary account full also, and stroking his ego on each visit. No one gets to visit Theresa weekly. He should be the same. There are some wonderful state prisons in the panhandle. Or closer to Jacksonville. He needs to end up there... ALONE and away from family. He does not deserve visits. And yes, i do have a heart, but not for cold blooded murderers. His family can still write and call him. Girls will NEVER hear their mothers voice again.

The defense is relying heavily on his children as the reason to give him LWOP. It is a salient argument. As the Siever's matriarchs get older and less able to visit/unable to visit, MS will be alone with his thoughts and deeds. I don't anticipate that the girls will have an ongoing relationship with him. If they do connect, it will be tense and difficult. He will have to talk them into believing that he had nothing to do with this and that is almost impossible. Every source that we have at our disposal will be out there for the girls to see when they get older. Creeper dad, possible thieving dad, dad who bought a burner phone with his friend to kill their mom, dad who had them apologize to mommy as he sent her off to her death---this is what these girls will find out there in the world as it relates to their dad. They won't care that he volunteered time or that he had a bounce in his step. He killed their mother but didn't have the courage to do it himself. He hired his friend and had their mother die in a barbaric way. I have faith that the virtues that Teresa and MS had taught their kids will endure and ensure that the girls will see him for who and what he is.

Last edited:
It's going as I imagined so far with Mark not having any truly great redeeming qualities except his charity work as "the Chicken Man".

He was good to his PawPaw too. Did they ask if PawPaw left him any money?

All the people who got up to support Mark and try to save his life seem like decent, loving people. I'm sorry they had to be disappointed, embarrassed, and hurt by Mark's horrible decision to murder his wife.

Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 6m6 minutes ago

Judge asked Mark Sievers if he will testify.

Mark Sievers said he will remain silent
. #trialtweets

BBM: JMO ... there is nothing he can say or do at this point that would help him ... nothing. The Jury spoke with their swift and quick Verdict.

Again, JMO ... but if he does not get the DP, he will get LWOP.

:) Thank You for all the Tweets!

:) And another Thank You to all for the Tweets, updates, etc!

Jury back at 1:30. I can't tell if maybe I'm just tired and not feeling it, but I'm not feeling much fondness for Mark despite all his family has to say.

Smiley, peppy bounce to his walk, upbeat kind of guy. But really...so what?

BBM: JMO ... there is nothing he can say or do at this point that would help him ... nothing. The Jury spoke with their swift and quick Verdict.

Again, JMO ... but if he does not get the DP, he will get LWOP.

:) Thank You for all the Tweets!

:) And another Thank You to all for the Tweets, updates, etc!

Well LWOP or DP are the only options available.

He'll get LWOP. One appeal and done. Better for family of Theresa. And no DP activists to take his case.

And i don't think his family should see the girls as early on Bonnie was doing the sneaky stuff with them for Mark to get messages. If they still believe in his innocence, or that he was JUSTIFIED in doing it to 'protect the girls' , they will play that up to the girls AND talk bad about their mother.

If he gets DP, the case will remain in the spotlight, along with the whole family, for 20+ years. MS
is already 51 so I don’t think he could even live long enough to be put to death. Appeals in Florida go on for decades.

Teresa has been described as dynamic, full of energy, out to save the world, special, like Oprah, on her way to great things, caring and concerned to help all people. She had a bounce to her step too. She had a great sense of humor her friend said. I'm sure if we saw more videos of Dr. Sievers, or we pulled out more photos of her with her children we would see how upbeat and full of life she was before she was murdered by that bouncy step guy and his pals. I kind of resent seeing them using all those old photos of Mark, and using the girls, without honoring Teresa more. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288