***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
A suspicion takes the place of trust when the realization dawns on the people who thought they knew Mark well, even the daughters. That loss of trust is hard to forget. Will the daughters be able to fall in love and trust, and someday marry?

All those days that went into weeks that he disregarded Teresa, perhaps even snickered at times, knowing she was going to meet her death. Mark had it made in his life with Teresa. All he had to do was be a sincerely honest and good man. A father practicing the morals and virtue he taught his children.

How could he not think of their two daughters when he decided to have Teresa killed? There is no way he thought of those girls, and all the consequences of the "only option" he decided to put in motion.

His family members must struggle with seeing what lurks behind the upbeat smiley mask Mark wore. What's truly heartbreaking is knowing the daughters will have to deal with the true glimpses of their father's character.

JMO, it is a hollow victory as AL said. Wish killing never entered Mark's evil, greedy mind.

Now for a snarky thought from me. :D
I know he has to wear handcuffs every time he's outside his cell. Will he have to wear leg shackles outside his cell too? Oh-oh, it may affect the bounce in his step if so.

We'll remember you mr. chicken. (snark)

Now for a snarky thought from me. :D I know he has to wear handcuffs every time he's outside his cell. Will he have to wear leg shackles outside his cell too? Oh-oh, it may affect the bounce in his step.

I am sure they have the leg shackles that have the extra chain link for prisoners with extra bounce or long shuffling.

Justice has been declared! The sad part is MS will cost the state millions of dollars until he runs out of appeals.

At least we know he will be calling a cage home for the rest of his life.

With his personality, he will live with the delusion that the day will come when he wins an appeal! No chance of this happening when his two cohorts are sitting in prison, ready and willing to testify against him.

I am sure they have the leg shackles that have the extra chain link for prisoners with extra bounce or long shuffling.

Just one more snark and then I'll be good. :rolleyes:

Bet someone wrote that in his year book in high school-- "Don't change, stay the same. Don't lose your upbeat smiley face, or your bouncy step."

uh did I see this correctly...when Teresa's mom is talking about how they miss her and all of the impact of that...he is crying??? wth?
He doesn't get to cry when her mother is speaking. Teresa didn't get to cry.
So disrespectful.
I would have told him to sthu.
oh and btw...he is sniveling while she is speaking of her tremdous loss...but did he cry while he used this same mother, while staying in her home, as an alibi during the murder of her own daughter? NO.
disgusting

...it was very slap worthy!

Justice has been declared! The sad part is MS will cost the state millions of dollars until he runs out of appeals.

At least we know he will be calling a cage home for the rest of his life.

With his personality, he will live with the delusion that the day will come when he wins an appeal! No chance of this happening when his two cohorts are sitting in prison, ready and willing to testify against him.

Maybe the Trust Fund Estate Planner lady will visit him....
....and the dish ran away with the spoon ;)

MOO

On another note, the jury did not determine that an aggravating factor was financial gain. So, I am interested why the jury thought he had her killed.
I'm hoping that the prosecution will point out in its report that Mark filed immediately to collect on the life insurance. IMO, it was indeed one of his primary motives.

uh did I see this correctly...when Teresa's mom is talking about how they miss her and all of the impact of that...he is crying??? wth?
He doesn't get to cry when her mother is speaking. Teresa didn't get to cry.
So disrespectful.
I would have told him to sthu.
oh and btw...he is sniveling while she is speaking of her tremdous loss...but did he cry while he used this same mother, while staying in her home, as an alibi during the murder of her own daughter? NO.
disgusting
LOL, it was actually a laughable imitation of a normal person's emotion and what he thought he was portraying as crying. He made the motions and facial expressions but as soon as MAG was finished, he folded up his single sheet of kleenex and put it in his inside jacket pocket. Voila! No tears, no redness, anywhere, no red nose, no red eyes, no flushed cheeks, no watery eyes, no runny nose. Absolutely no indication of any emotion, just his usual mole-like look. Last night, CourtTV replayed a bit where arias was on the stand with her hair and a hand covering her face and the SOUND of crying. Again, no tears, no redness, no runny nose...all done!

That is one of the reasons why Judge Kyle has our respect; no red herring and circus distraction of what wasn't integral to the either the defense or the prosecution. Compare the difference in the time it took each trial, too. Impressively well-run courtroom this time.

Judge Kyle made this trial a great example of the legal system at work efficiently. He has my respect. No funny business in his court room. He kept everyone on their best behavior.

My appreciation also goes out to those Jurors. They really came together strong.

And his family had to sit there silently and take it. That haunts me to this day. Such an injustice. How she was allowed to perform and parade back and forth in front of the jury with her last dig at Travis and his family, pretending to be a victim-ugh. It’s reprehensible. Just so wrong.

Now, looking back on Arias on trial, it seems unbelievable that that circus, the sex and downright *advertiser censored*, was allowed to go on. I can't believe we all had to stare at her back door. Ugly! Leaving that camera in the washer though was an odd blessing. That girl is pure evil.

It's thanks to Judge Kyle, I think, that the sex angles were kept out of this trial. We expected it to get ugly, but thankfully we didn't have to hear about a lot of O's to determine Mark's guilt. It was a no O trial.

I don't think I could ever be on a death penalty jury. I feel that is not a decision people should make upon another. I do respect the jury's decision as they were given the task to follow the law, and I believe they did. I do think the state met the proof of both aggravating factors. MS most definitely arranged for this murder to occur for pecuniary gain. He couldn't just walk away from all that money. Just listening to this trial, I believe MS grew to hate TS and he wanted to get out of the marriage. Wouldn't be surprised if he was having an affair, as well. He was not overly ambitious enough to work hard for the money like TS. He wanted it because he felt entitled to it. So he concocted a plan to get rid of TS and walk away not having to work for any money for the rest of his life. His tears for TS are not real. Very sickening to watch the sniveling while TS mother poured out her anguish over the loss of her daughter.He was acting just like he did in front of TS all those years, probably conning her. He is a con man, in my eyes, and he is going away for a very, very long time. A place he put himself in and definitely belongs.

What is it with these men that just think they can kill their wives/girlfriends and walk away into there fantasy world. You would think that it would occur if your spouse is missing or killed you are basically, nowadays, guilty until proven innocent. I guess being so entitled and intellectually superior allows them to believe they will never get caught.

I will pray for TS family/ children

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members