***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. A death penalty verdict is basically life in prison. He will most like die on his own given the slow pace of executions.

Morning!

I do believe it's very highly likely he will be executed before he dies of natural causes.

While all appeals take years, whether they were given LWOP or death, Florida is like Texas in many aspects, and the appeal process doesn't take nearly as many years like it does in CA, etc. I'm just guessing MSs appeals will be exhausted in12 or 14 years. He will still be young enough by then to meet the fate handed down by his jury unanimously.

I posted before the jury even deliberated the penalty phase they would impose death.

I had no doubts. Why? Because no other allowable punishment under Florida criminal law fits the evidence, and crimes for which he, and his coconspirators did against his victim.

A DA has to prove BARD only one required legal element to show the convicted deserves death to be imposed. Those who murder for financial gain, and/or carries out the murder/s in a very cruel, atrocious, and inhumane way deserve to have the highest allowable punishment under state law to be imposed.

Imo, giving MSs LWOP would be giving him a sentence that did not fit his crimes, and it would diminish the value of TS life as well. Why would they give him mercy by giving him only LWOP?

So imo the jury of 12 imposed the correct sentence based on all of the evidence they saw or heard including the weak mitigating factors. The mitigating factors must far outweigh the aggravating factors for LWOP to be rendered.

Each jury who has imposed death did so with deep deliberative thought. It's not something any jury takes lightly. They followed the oath they swore to uphold, and followed the cited laws that governed their decisions.

In the end they decided he didn't deserve any mercy, just like he had given none to his innocent targeted victim. The jury also knew his evil diabolical mastermind plans also left countless alive victims who's lives have been destroyed because of HIM, and his ruthless coconspirators. They knew none of this would have ever happened if MSs himself hadn't been the mastermind behind it all. Its common for the mastermind to be given the harshest allowable punishment under law.

Just like judge/attorney Fred Tokars, and millionaire James Sullivan in Georgia had their wives murdered by hitmen. Both of them were rightly sent to death row by their juries. There are countless convicted defendants, both men, and women, on death row in all states who have the DP option for doing the same as MS has done.

Imo, MSs jury rendered the the correct punishment, based on all the evidence, from both sides, and came to the right unanimous decision. They knew he did not deserve any mercy. He made his own bed, and now that cot will be on DR where he belongs.

Imho

Morning!

I do believe it's very highly likely he will be executed before he dies of natural causes.

While all appeals take years, whether they were given LWOP or death, Florida is like Texas in many aspects, and the appeal process doesn't take nearly as many years like it does in CA, etc. I'm just guessing MSs appeals will be exhausted in12 or 14 years. He will still be young enough by then to meet the fate handed down by his jury unanimously.

I posted before the jury even deliberated the penalty phase they would impose death.

I had no doubts. Why? Because no other allowable punishment under Florida criminal law fits the evidence, and crimes for which he, and his coconspirators did against his victim.

A DA has to prove BARD only one required legal element to show the convicted deserves death to be imposed. Those who murder for financial gain, and/or carries out the murder/s in a very cruel, atrocious, and inhumane way deserve to have the highest allowable punishment under state law to be imposed.

Imo, giving MSs LWOP would be giving him a sentence that did not fit his crimes, and it would diminish the value of TS life as well. Why would they give him mercy by giving him only LWOP?

So imo the jury of 12 imposed the correct sentence based on all of the evidence they saw or heard including the weak mitigating factors. The mitigating factors must far outweigh the aggravating factors for LWOP to be rendered.

Each jury who has imposed death did so with deep deliberative thought. It's not something any jury takes lightly. They followed the oath they swore to uphold, and followed the cited laws that governed their decisions.

In the end they decided he didn't deserve any mercy, just like he had given none to his innocent targeted victim. The jury also knew his evil diabolical mastermind plans also left countless alive victims who's lives have been destroyed because of HIM, and his ruthless coconspirators. They knew none of this would have ever happened if MSs himself hadn't been the mastermind behind it all. Its common for the mastermind to be given the harshest allowable punishment under law.

Just like judge/attorney Fred Tokars, and millionaire James Sullivan in Georgia had their wives murdered by hitmen. Both of them were rightly sent to death row by their juries. There are countless convicted defendants, both men, and women, on death row in all states who have the DP option for doing the same as MS has done.

Imo, MSs jury rendered the the correct punishment, based on all the evidence, from both sides, and came to the right unanimous decision. They knew he did not deserve any mercy. He made his own bed, and now that cot will be on DR where he belongs.

Imho

Agree.

Now, the Adelsons. If MS can be found guilty for the murder he hired, why can't the Adelsons at least be arrested for ordering Dan Markel's murder??

Last edited:
Morning!

Imho
Well said! I agree!!

As someone posted upthread, it would be an answer to many prayers if MS decides to flip on CWW re Ronnie Bollin’s murder. Mark has knowledge and a lot of time on his hands now. I can only hope that Ronnie’s family gets answers.

Well I just hope it's too late to strike a deal for a reduction in sentence after he's been sentenced.

We covered in another case (Heather Elvis/South Carolina) that within one year, one of the codefendants could give information to obtain a lesser sentence. After one year, too late. But in looking at the Florida Statutes, it looks as though it has to be done sooner than that. And would Florida do such for another state?

"921.186 Substantial assistance.—Notwithstanding any other law, the state attorney may move the sentencing court to reduce or suspend the sentence of any person who is convicted of violating any felony offense and who provides substantial assistance in the identification, arrest, or conviction of any of that person’s accomplices, accessories, coconspirators, or principals or of any other person engaged in criminal activity that would constitute a felony. The arresting agency shall be given an opportunity to be heard in aggravation or mitigation in reference to any such motion. Upon good cause shown, the motion may be filed and heard in camera. The judge hearing the motion may reduce or suspend the sentence if the judge finds that the defendant rendered such substantial assistance."

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

The court is obligated to render a death sentence within 30 days from yesterday, 12/10. Which is 1/9, the date of the next court date.
921.142 5
"ORDER OF THE COURT IN SUPPORT OF SENTENCE OF DEATH.—In each case in which the court imposes a death sentence, the court shall, considering the records of the trial and the sentencing proceedings, enter a written order addressing the aggravating factors set forth in subsection (7) found to exist, the mitigating circumstances in subsection (8) reasonably established by the evidence, whether there are sufficient aggravating factors to warrant the death penalty, and whether the aggravating factors outweigh the mitigating circumstances reasonably established by the evidence. If the court does not issue its order requiring the death sentence within 30 days after the rendition of the judgment and sentence, the court shall impose a sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole in accordance with s. 775.082."

Last edited:
We covered in another case (Heather Elvis/South Carolina) that within one year, one of the codefendants could give information to obtain a lesser sentence. After one year, too late. But in looking at the Florida Statutes, it looks as though it has to be done sooner than that. And would Florida do such for another state?

"921.186 Substantial assistance.—Notwithstanding any other law, the state attorney may move the sentencing court to reduce or suspend the sentence of any person who is convicted of violating any felony offense and who provides substantial assistance in the identification, arrest, or conviction of any of that person’s accomplices, accessories, coconspirators, or principals or of any other person engaged in criminal activity that would constitute a felony. The arresting agency shall be given an opportunity to be heard in aggravation or mitigation in reference to any such motion. Upon good cause shown, the motion may be filed and heard in camera. The judge hearing the motion may reduce or suspend the sentence if the judge finds that the defendant rendered such substantial assistance."

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

The court is obligated to render a death sentence within 30 days from yesterday, 12/10. Which is 1/9, the date of the next court date.
921.142 5
"ORDER OF THE COURT IN SUPPORT OF SENTENCE OF DEATH.—In each case in which the court imposes a death sentence, the court shall, considering the records of the trial and the sentencing proceedings, enter a written order addressing the aggravating factors set forth in subsection (7) found to exist, the mitigating circumstances in subsection (8) reasonably established by the evidence, whether there are sufficient aggravating factors to warrant the death penalty, and whether the aggravating factors outweigh the mitigating circumstances reasonably established by the evidence. If the court does not issue its order requiring the death sentence within 30 days after the rendition of the judgment and sentence, the court shall impose a sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole in accordance with s. 775.082."
If that did happen I would hope that a condition would be imposed of an admission of guilt. To me, denial of guilt is the most aggravating of factors.

I agree too! The jury saw through all his BS to the horror of what a sociopath he is! I think neighbor Ms Torres was so brave to expose him. TG she was intuitive & observant. No telling what lengths he would of gone to silence her, Dr P or anyone that got in his way IMO.

Re BBM
I agree.

JMO
Murderers like MS who have no remorse or empathy for others are some of the most dangerous criminals. If he was not already in jail/prison I would not put it past him to plan other people's demise that got in his way.

I didnt follow this case as closely as the Patrick Frazee murder trial but from what I gathered MS had the same lack of empathy for TS and her family that PF had for KB and her family. And no sooner than PF was in jail waiting for his trial to begin he was passing notes to a gang member inmate trying to get people killed on the outside who were going to testify against him.

I would not doubt one bit if MS would have done similarly given the chance. Glad he wont get that chance to hurt anyone else.

His fake emotions during his trial became all the more obvious when he finally showed true emotion during his guilty verdict reading from the jury. Those were the first real emotions I saw from him. The other fake sobbing and crying was pathetic. And the crazy thing is MS thought he was fooling everyone with his antics. Some he may have fooled but most people, the jury, and practically everyone here saw right through his courtroom antics.

Last edited:
JMO, perhaps the daughters have moved on and are at peace and I strongly believe that. The maternal side fought very hard to keep those girls safe 4 years ago through all the court limbo. All parents make poor choices from time to time but healthy parents do not plot a murder. I have no sympathy for Mark at all! He used everyone in his life for this heinous crime and one day they all will accept that he is a not a healthy person.

His step-sister visited this week. She lives in Norwalk, CT and is not in FL every week.

Yes, Bonnie, his mom, said she visits weekly (and sometimes twice weekly) and works out schedule with Stepmom. So he has someone there every week since he's been incarcerated. AT least once a week. plus attorneys, etc. THAT will change now.

As someone posted upthread, it would be an answer to many prayers if MS decides to flip on CWW re Ronnie Bollin’s murder. Mark has knowledge and a lot of time on his hands now. I can only hope that Ronnie’s family gets answers.

BBM: I was wondering the same thing ... I started reading the Thread here on Ronnie Bolin last night - very interesting!

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

MO - Ronnie A Bolin, 33, Jefferson County, 8 July 1996

another interesting fact:

Julia Jenaé Retweeted
Chanley Shá Painter‏ @ChanleyCourtTV 16h16 hours ago

Chanley Shá Painter Retweeted beautifulmessyball

Spencer hearing is an opportunity to convince the trial judge to override the recommendation of Death put forth by the jury. It is named for the 1993 case of Spencer v. Florida @CourtTV

Hi there!

That is never going to happen in 2019.

He's toast, and the judge will respect, and honor their unanimous deliberative decision.

Death will be imposed as it should be.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members