OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I watched the whole thing and it was short. They talked about having a Discovery Coordinator, the same issue that was discussed at BW's hearing the other day.

Thanks, Spyderlady! I just noticed similar WCPO reporting on Twitter

Evan Millward on Twitter

Maybe they're trying to keep these hearings brief, keep the defendant out of the news media, for now. Continuing to sense a change in the defense since RN's plea bargain.

Evan Millward on Twitter

NOW: Edward “Jake” Wagner’s attorneys throw support behind his dad’s request for a “discovery coordinator” to handle organizing all the evidence for the case - cotes “extraordinarily voluminous discovery”

The complaints about the amount of evidence border on the ridiculous. Yes, there's a lot, but its been well organized for them. Let's not mention how long it took most of the defense attorneys to even begin sending hard drives to the prosecution to retrieve it. Now they're acting like they haven't even reviewed the files since getting them last spring and summer. It makes me wonder how much time these defense attorneys actually spend on these cases.

Some of the judge's comments at the end indicate he's not going to roll over and let them continue spending a lot of money on these trials.

Last edited:
Nothing too much happened. JW's defense also think it's a good idea to have a discovery coordinator, to be decided by Jan 30th. They also want by the end of Dec all discovery disclosed about the last search of Flying W Farm and anything that comes of RN talking with the prosecution per her plea agreement.

I just have to say it sure looked like a BIG slap in the face at the adjournment when JW didn't even look in the direction of his grandma and aunt, like they didn't even exist. FW had even taken off her glasses in anticipation of meeting his eyes, I think, and he just totally snubbed her.

Yes, that was interesting. He seemed to be in quite a hurry to get out of the courtroom. He practically ran to the exit door.

I just have to say it sure looked like a BIG slap in the face at the adjournment when JW didn't even look in the direction of his grandma and aunt, like they didn't even exist. FW had even taken off her glasses in anticipation of meeting his eyes, I think, and he just totally snubbed her.

I noticed that too. Is there a chance he didn't realize they were waiting for him to recognize they were there? He always seems confident and relaxed, but maybe it's a facade and he's scared and not thinking clearly. JMO

JW's attorney mentioned about RN changing her plea, but I couldn't hear exactly what was said. JW always smiles at the judge when he asks him a question. Robin and FW were sitting behind him. Miss Geneva was in her usual seat.
He wants, by the end of December, any information that's deemed discoverable from anything RN contributes to the prosecution because of her talking to them as part of her plea deal. Prosecutor agreed. Also includes any discovery from the last search of the Flying W Farm.

I noticed that too. Is there a chance he didn't realize they were waiting for him to recognize they were there? He always seems confident and relaxed, but maybe it's a facade and he's scared and not thinking clearly. JMO
Looked like a total dis to me, on his part. They were up, standing up ready, close to the bar, FW had her glasses off, shielding her eyes a bit, ready to look him in the face. He never even turn their way in the slightest.

idk moo
Could be a big clue.
Jake has the most to lose. He is the youngest and has a daughter who he could live to come to know and watch grow up, even if it is through prison visiting rooms.

He wants, by the end of December, any information that's deemed discoverable from anything RN contributes to the prosecution because of her talking to them as part of her plea deal. Prosecutor agreed. Also includes any discovery from the last search of the Flying W Farm.

That's fairly routine, but I suppose he has to go on record to request it. I thought the same when they did the recent search at Flying W - more discovery. I wonder if anything was found during that search that has set the defendants and their attorneys on edge? Safe to assume RN's plea deal has worried them, but perhaps the search turned up something, too.

ETA: Well, break time for now. AW's hearing is at 1:30.

Ok, somehow I missed the hearing beginning. Had it on live and heard nothing. Refreshed the screen and it came up with the hearing ending. Sorry, will have to wait until it runs again.

Did anyone else hear anything? It must have been pretty short.

Weird live feed.

JW's attorneys sound as though they have not yet gone through all the evidence they have. They always talk about how much there is and how long it takes to go through all of it. They also seem to not know if they have all the evidence. I've wondered if they feel spending a lot of time going through the evidence will not do much good. They did seem concerned about what the Prosecution got from RN and the last search. My opinions only...

From what I have seen personally with my son and nephew, Ohio has little sympathy for the father's financial well being when it comes to set support amounts. In my nephew's case, they claimed he was in arrears for years when it was not possible, the support was taken from his pay before he saw it. When one daughter became ineligible for support, they did not reduce his support payment saying his income had increased. After they both were ineligible, the state still was demanding the arrears he owed.
With my son, he was still paying support for a daughter that was living with him for over a year. They refused to give him credit for her living with him. On top of that, she was still claiming that daughter as a dependent for taxes, WIC, and low income housing
even though she lived with her father.
A friend of mine had an employee that was taking home $25/week after mandatory deductions for support.

With no links to post, all this is my opinion only, I guess...

As a divorced single mom I know it goes both ways. Family Court is difficult on everyone.

This coordinator request is ridiculous!
Thanks, Spyderlady! I just noticed similar WCPO reporting on Twitter

Evan Millward on Twitter

Maybe they're trying to keep these hearings brief, keep the defendant out of the news media, for now. Continuing to sense a change in the defense since RN's plea bargain.

Evan Millward on Twitter

The complaints about the amount of evidence border on the ridiculous. Yes, there's a lot, but its been well organized for them. Let's not mention how long it took most of the defense attorneys to even begin sending hard drives to the prosecution to retrieve it. Now they're acting like they haven't even reviewed the files since getting them last spring and summer. It makes me wonder how much time these defense attorneys actually spend on these cases.

Some of the judge's comments at the end indicate he's not going to roll over and let them continue spending a lot of money on these trials.

thank you Johnny B for the redacted autopsies..****I apologize if this offensive**** did anyone notice that in only HG's report under EXTERNAL EXAMINATION:GENERAL it states: The pubic hair consists of redacted. What could that mean?? Again I apologize if this is offensive.

This coordinator request is ridiculous!

It sounds to me like the Defense Attorneys want someone else to do the tedious work. They don't want to have to sift through everything. From what I've seen, it looks like the Prosecution has things organized fairly well for them already. I get a feeling the Defense Attorneys are pretty much overwhelmed with all the evidence. MOO.

thank you Johnny B for the redacted autopsies..****I apologize if this offensive**** did anyone notice that in only HG's report under EXTERNAL EXAMINATION:GENERAL it states: The pubic hair consists of redacted. What could that mean?? Again I apologize if this is offensive.

Without adding any sensitive words.... she just had a baby. I would assume that blood was redacted.

Yes, I know of cases where mothers got a bad deal when they don't have the money for a good specialized attorney and their Ex did...
That was me. But I did the best I could. I even went without a lawyer. Argued for myself. I did ok.

Those days are past me now. My Daughter is 30 and has 3 children. I don't regret any of the struggles. Kids are the best thing in life.

That was me. But I did the best I could. I even went without a lawyer. Argued for myself. I did ok.

Those days are past me now. My Daughter is 30 and has 3 children. I don't regret any of the struggles. Kids are the best thing in life.
I was Mr. Mom to a five year old daughter, a son my Ex dumped on me because she said she couldn't handle him, and a daughter that moved in to go to the local technical school. I had a few struggles, too, but loved every minute of it. My youngest is also in there 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member