***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone posted upthread, it would be an answer to many prayers if MS decides to flip on CWW re Ronnie Bollin’s murder. Mark has knowledge and a lot of time on his hands now. I can only hope that Ronnie’s family gets answers.
I posted about Ronnie Bolin in an earlier thread and speculated that Mark may have known about CWW's involvement and that is why Mark felt that he could ask CWW to murder his wife.

I think that, if this is the case, after everything is said and done, Mark may try to negotiate some kind of deal to change his sentence to LWOP in exchange for information concerning Ronnie Bolin. Of course, it would have to be verifiable information.

Others may know about this, but I think it will be hard to unring the bell. Once the jury has announced a verdict and the judge confirms it, the time for horse trading may have passed. That'd be especially true for an out of state unsolved case. Florida may not want to mess with the verdict. Also Mark Sievers might try to keep up appearances and not acknowledge that he associates with murderers. For the Bolin family I hope I'm mistaken.

I don't think I could ever be on a death penalty jury. I feel that is not a decision people should make upon another. I do respect the jury's decision as they were given the task to follow the law, and I believe they did. I do think the state met the proof of both aggravating factors. MS most definitely arranged for this murder to occur for pecuniary gain. He couldn't just walk away from all that money. Just listening to this trial, I believe MS grew to hate TS and he wanted to get out of the marriage. Wouldn't be surprised if he was having an affair, as well. He was not overly ambitious enough to work hard for the money like TS. He wanted it because he felt entitled to it. So he concocted a plan to get rid of TS and walk away not having to work for any money for the rest of his life. His tears for TS are not real. Very sickening to watch the sniveling while TS mother poured out her anguish over the loss of her daughter.He was acting just like he did in front of TS all those years, probably conning her. He is a con man, in my eyes, and he is going away for a very, very long time. A place he put himself in and definitely belongs.

What is it with these men that just think they can kill their wives/girlfriends and walk away into there fantasy world. You would think that it would occur if your spouse is missing or killed you are basically, nowadays, guilty until proven innocent. I guess being so entitled and intellectually superior allows them to believe they will never get caught.

I will pray for TS family/ children

Well Mark made a decision to end his wife's life and that was not his call to do so, but he did it anyways. The jury made the right decision, JMO

BBM: I was wondering the same thing ... I started reading the Thread here on Ronnie Bolin last night - very interesting!

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

MO - Ronnie A Bolin, 33, Jefferson County, 8 July 1996
I read back through it last night as well. It was sobering to remember how terrified people were of CWW. The death penalty was the right call. I only wish JRR and CWW had also received the DP. Hopefully tomorrow JRR will get a life sentence. CWW will be in his 70s when he gets out. Hopefully he will die before he gets released,

Thanks, Beach. I look forward to hearing from Carrie. IIRC, you had some other things that were germane to the trial that you were going to share after the verdict. Can you give us some of your insights and thoughts as to why the prosecution did what they did?

I read back through it last night as well. It was sobering to remember how terrified people were of CWW. The death penalty was the right call. I only wish JRR and CWW had also received the DP. Hopefully tomorrow JRR will get a life sentence. CWW will be in his 70s when he gets out. Hopefully he will die before he gets released,

I agree. In reading the documents, CWW was indeed a man to be feared. I have (and will continue to) wonder why CWW took the deal in the first place. What was it? Afraid of the DP? Was he covering for his wife?

I have this secret wish that CWW will have lied on the stand and negated his deal with the state by not telling the whole truth. And, a trial would ensue. I think I would like to see Angie on the stand.

Thanks, Beach. I look forward to hearing from Carrie. IIRC, you had some other things that were germane to the trial that you were going to share after the verdict. Can you give us some of your insights and thoughts as to why the prosecution did what they did?

I think most of what I was referencing is actually a big chunk of Carrie's story. I'm going to let her tell it since she's going to do it soon. It is SO MUCH more than what her statement reflects. I will wrack my brain to try to remember if there was anything else. There might be but I can't think of anything right this minute.

I read back through it last night as well. It was sobering to rememb er how terrified people were of CWW. The death penalty was the right call. I only wish JRR and CWW had also received the DP. Hopefully tomorrow JRR will get a life sentence. CWW will be in his 70s when he gets out. Hopefully he will die before he gets released,

Court TV interviewed the juror from the JRR trial today. He said the evidence never put JRR in the house or never put him striking a blow.That juror believed that JRR was along to be the driver ( CWW did not like to drive at night) and JRR had not the full idea of what they were going to do when they got there. He went on to say, if not for JRR’s girlfriend they really were not adding it up for JR ...and yes they hated CWW. That juror believed it was the master plan of MS & CWW..pretty much JRR not knowing the exact plan. Juror said there was no proof MS ever talked to JRR. He also thought that possibly JRR was outside the entire time CWW was killing Teresa.

As heard on CTV...IMO

I agree. In reading the documents, CWW was indeed a man to be feared. I have (and will continue to) wonder why CWW took the deal in the first place. What was it? Afraid of the DP? Was he covering for his wife?

I have this secret wish that CWW will have lied on the stand and negated his deal with the state by not telling the whole truth. And, a trial would ensue. I think I would like to see Angie on the stand.
I think he took the plea for two reasons. First, I think he realized with all the evidence LE had that they were all going down and second, I think he didn't trust his sidekick not to do a deal. With his background, I think he had a very clear understanding of what a DP sentence would mean, LWOP has jobs, classes, etc., where DP has just a cage. Had JRR flipped I think there was a strong likelihood that both MS and CWW would have gotten a death sentence. JRR was young and stupid and didn't take the opportunity when he had it.

I actually don't think Angie knew ahead of time, despite the phone call. I think she was told, or figured it out, very quickly after, though.

I think he took the plea for two reasons. First, I think he realized with all the evidence LE had that they were all going down and second, I think he didn't trust his sidekick not to do a deal. With his background, I think he had a very clear understanding of what a DP sentence would mean, LWOP has jobs, classes, etc., where DP has just a cage. Had JRR flipped I think there was a strong likelihood that both MS and CWW would have gotten a death sentence. JRR was young and stupid and didn't take the opportunity when he had it.

I actually don't think Angie knew ahead of time, despite the phone call. I think she was told, or figured it out, very quickly after, though.

I hate to think she knew her husband was going to go on a murder trip beforehand and I honestly don't feel she's bright enough for CWW to have trusted her with that knowledge. OTOH, why on earth lie to his son that his dad wasn't feeling well enough to babysit his grandkids? She knew enough and acted suspiciously to cause some headaches to LE during the investigation and I think CWW may have made his deal in part to spare her from the potential of being charged with alleged witness tampering, accessory after the fact and tampering with evidence. There may have been a possibility that she could have been charged with knowledge beforehand and that would invite conspiracy to commit murder. She did many, many things to call attention to herself and her husband.

Angie dodged a bullet and she was not truthful in the beginning... I still wonder what she knew and when she knew re the murder... JMO

Court TV interviewed the juror from the JRR trial today. He said the evidence never put JRR in the house or never put him striking a blow.That juror believed that JRR was along to be the driver ( CWW did not like to drive at night) and JRR had not the full idea of what they were going to do when they got there. He went on to say, if not for JRR’s girlfriend they really were not adding it up for JR ...and yes they hated CWW. That juror believed it was the master plan of MS & CWW..pretty much JRR not knowing the exact plan. Juror said there was no proof MS ever talked to JRR. He also thought that possibly JRR was outside the entire time CWW was killing Teresa.

As heard on CTV...IMO
Thanks, I hadn't seen that.

IMO the jury was very generous with him. I see their reasoning, but with felony murder laws it doesn't matter if he just drove the car, or if he thought they were just going to commit a burglary; if a murder was committed legally he should have been just as guilty. He is very lucky to have gotten 2nd degree.

I think most of what I was referencing is actually a big chunk of Carrie's story. I'm going to let her tell it since she's going to do it soon. It is SO MUCH more than what her statement reflects. I will wrack my brain to try to remember if there was anything else. There might be but I can't think of anything right this minute.

I am sure you are correct. My brain is addled.

I hate to think she knew her husband was going to go on a murder trip beforehand and I honestly don't feel she's bright enough for CWW to have trusted her with that knowledge. OTOH, why on earth lie to his son that his dad wasn't feeling well enough to babysit his grandkids? She knew enough and acted suspiciously to cause some headaches to LE during the investigation and I think CWW may have made his deal in part to spare her from the potential of being charged with alleged witness tampering, accessory after the fact and tampering with evidence. There may have been a possibility that she could have been charged with knowledge beforehand and that would invite conspiracy to commit murder. She did many, many things to call attention to herself and her husband.
Jurisdictional issues probably played a big role. Any crimes Angie committed were committed in MO, and FL wouldn't have jurisdiction. And with the main case being in FL, MO wouldn't have been very motivated to pursue anything against her.

I think that is CWW's big lie. I think that Angie knew, either before or the night of the murder. Did CWW ever say that Angie did not know? Time for a lie detector test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77