Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested in possibly listening in to the Atty. P. motion being heard tomorrow regarding the gag order, it appears the State of CT has a station that live streams government events.

I have never used this site before but I'm putting the link here for anyone interested to see if it will work tomorrow to hear the Atty. P. motion which is on the schedule for 10am.

CT-N Connecticut Network:: Upcoming Events

Thursday, December 12, 2019
  • Connecticut Supreme Court Oral Argument State v. Fotis Dulos
    Supreme Court, Hartford Beginning at 10:00 am
Link for live streams:

CT-N: CT-N Streaming Media
There are a number of live feeds including one for the Courts

I've just looked at ct-n.com-- From what it looks like to me, it may not be shown on TV live, BUT WILL BE LIVE-STREAMED ON CT-N.COM If you can't watch online today, it will be available On Demand at ct-n.com at your leisure (unless they censor it)

Sorry to be a bit pedantic here but if you do a summer semester isn't that kinda/sorta/maybe included as part of your total time spent in college? I think so and Brown no doubt thought so because they no doubt gave Fd credit for the 2 classes which is why he only spent 3 years there.

Here is Harvard Summer program which looks to be 7 weeks and where a HS student can take 2 courses. IDK if this is what Fd did that Summer but its possible as the other HS Summer option didn't look to offer transferable credits.

Secondary School Program
College courses for credit in a seven-week session
This is your test-drive of college. At Harvard, you are fully immersed in college life—balancing time between classes, homework, and extracurricular activities. The program features:

• College courses (over 200 to choose from), which you attend alongside current college students, other high school students, and professionals from around the world.
  • Credit you can transfer to a college in the future.
  • The choice to live on campus, commute, or study online.
  • The freedom to schedule your days.
You may choose to enroll in one or two courses. Outside the classroom, you can attend workshops, take trips to nearby colleges, and unwind through activities like intramural sports and musical pursuits. You find a healthy balance of organized events and free time, allowing you the independence you will find in college.

EXPLORE THE SECONDARY SCHOOL PROGRAM

So, while in summer school Fd completed 2 courses (give each course 4 credits for a total of 8 credits which might = 1/2 of a regular 16-20 credit or 4-5 course load/semester depending on the school). Fd says he took Macro and Micro Economics during the Harvard summer session, oddly both had limited math prerequisites that he probably completed in high school and didn't require Introduction to Economics (8 credits in Summer Session).

My very basic point is Fd didn't finish college in 3 yrs.

Nope. FAKE NEWS HERE!

Fd finished classes at Brown in 3 yrs. but his TOTAL college experience exceeded 3 years by the summer at Harvard IMO. IDK if you want to call it 3.5 yrs, but it wasn't 3 years.

Yikes, I think we have a new phrase! Its called Fd Math!

Yep, basic math trumps word salad ALL DAY EVERY DAY IMO!

MOO

Good computation on FD math, @afitzy.

Another aspect that should be considered is summer and interim sessions. FD, at this point in his life, probably didn't want to return to Greece for summers and semester breaks, so he certainly could have availed himself of those schedules.

Undergraduate degree candidates who successfully complete four Brown Summer Session courses may apply for a waiver of one semester’s enrollment. See regulations for Brown Summer Session below.*

Don't know what the "rules" were when FD was attending, but students who are "entitled" to financial aid may qualify during the summer.

Brown undergraduates receiving University aid during the fall and spring semesters may qualify for a summer grant. The amount of the grant will depend on the amount of University Scholarship you receive during the academic year and the number of summer courses you are taking. In addition, students can apply for loan funds to supplement their summer grant in meeting the cost of course fees and other living expenses.*

and take two courses per summer session,
Work Load
Students may take a maximum of two courses in any one summer session, as this – two courses over 7 weeks – constitutes the equivalent to enrollment in four courses during a typical 15 week semester.*
Summer Session Conduct and Policies | Brown University

So, FD could have chopped off another semester by taking summer sessions, and if he appealed to the committee, he may have been allowed to take an additional summer session, with approval. That, plus the two courses at Harvard would have given him his fourth year. Just thinking....These are the 2019-2020 regulations, certainly may have been different in the 1990's. MOO...IMO

Any news on "what" happened yesterday at the gag order hearing? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-058.gif

@davealtimari
Lots of media parked outside the Supreme Court building for the Dulos gag order hearing. All the national news magazines have been attending the recent Fotis Dulos appearances like civil trial and this hearing circling for next exclusive interview I suppose

Good one! I'm game but no ouzo please but I will do caffè corretto instead which will give me a caffeine boost to keep my eyes open and brian kinda alert during the proceedings and a bit of grappa to numb me from the horror of having to listen to Atty. P. drone on for god knows how long!

1 shot = Judges Name incorrectly stated - need to do a double though if its the Chief Justice whose name is butchered as you know that will totally happen!
1 shot = 1st Amendment and/or free speech
1 shot = word murder mentioned
1 shot = gag order
1 shot = Fotis Dulos
1 shot = Atty. P. talking over a Justice or States Atty or verbally abusing a member of the Press
1 shot = 3.2(a) and 3.2(b) - think these are the correct sections of the Professional Standards - I was going to send an email to Atty. P. to double check this but I figured he wouldn't know one from the other as he seems generally confused by Professional Standards as he spends his time, '...gambling with his law license'!

Think this should put us all under the table in 10 min or so and then we can kick back and either fall asleep or stay awake and see how confused the Justices are by Atty. P.'s argument.
MOO

Too funny :D:D:D

In trying to put together more details about fD,
and his upbringing and where things went wrong in his developing brain and how he grew
up with questionable character and ethics, I
see afitzy provided some helpful info above:

So for now, I'm going with fotie was raised away from family primarily at boarding school.

His family dynamics are really interesting to me, too, in trying to better understand him. Athens College isn't a boarding school though so he must have attended while living at home. Also, somewhere in the back of my brain I seem to recall he has a brother. I believe Jennifer referenced him in one of her blog posts? Will check later & get back to you~

His family dynamics are really interesting to me, too, in trying to better understand him. Athens College isn't a boarding school though so he must have attended while living at home. Also, somewhere in the back of my brain I seem to recall he has a brother. I believe Jennifer referenced him in one of her blog posts? Will check later & get back to you~
When Athens College started they were both,
a day school and a boarding school. It's mentioned here that in the first few years they
had 270 pupils, 91 being boarders.
"A new building began to be constructed in March 1927. Athens College begun its operation at the new building, called Benaki Hall, in autumn 1928, with 270 pupils, 91 being boarders. President of the College from 1927 was Dr. Henry Dewing. The official opening of Benaki.....
I wonder if that has changed. ???

edit- you're correct, the new info calls it a K-12 College Prep day school.

Last edited:
Attorney: Jennifer Dulos’ mother should be sanctioned

The attorney representing Fotis Dulos wants Gloria Farber sanctioned for filing a last-minute attempt to attach his client’s assets on the eve of last week’s civil trial in the $2.5 million lawsuits she filed against him.
Attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the lawsuits, called the filing another attempt by Farber and her legal team to “harass and badger the defendant in any way possible.”
Attorney Richard Weinstein, representing Farber and the estate of her late husband Hilliard in the lawsuits, sought a pre-judgement remedy asking a judge to attach $230,000 of Fotis Dulos’ assets on Dec. 2 — just one day before the trial began.
A judge will decide the cases after both attorneys file closing argument briefs on Dec. 19. In the meantime, Weinstein was seeking a hearing on his motion for the pre-judgement remedy, which Murray called “nonsensical” considering the trial already occurred. Murray wants Weinstein and Farber sanctioned by the court for submitting the filing.

Emails entered as evidence in the trial show Jennifer and Fotis Dulos discussing in the weeks before she left her husband in May 2017 the $1,250 monthly interest payments he had been making on the $500,000 loan.

No payments were made after June 2017 when Jennifer Dulos moved out with their five children and rented a home in New Canaan. The two were embroiled in a contentious two-year divorce when she disappeared.

Oh, my goodness....Fd's comments were not part of the criminal trial....think they are banned by family court....or should be...he's stepping up his "fight."

Video didn't work...darn!

Fotis is saying that he wants to be a family again and wants the press to report it. His sister was denied a chance to see the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge