Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON

2. What are the various types of Gaintime?
A. Incentive Gaintime (s. 944.275(4)(b) F.S.) is awarded to inmates for institutional adjustment, work and participation in programs.
i. The awards are made on a monthly basis as earned unless prohibited by law. (These awards are typically posted by the 15th of
the following month.)
ii. The award amount varies in relation to the inmate's rated performance and adjustment.
iii. If the crime(s) was committed before 7/1/78 and/or after 6/15/83 but before 1/1/94, the inmate may be eligible for up to 20 days a month.
iv. Inmates who committed crime(s) on or after January 1, 1994 may earn up to 25 days of incentive gain time per month, if the crime falls within levels 1 through 7 of the revised sentencing guidelines.
v. If the crime(s) was committed on or after January 1, 1994, the inmate is eligible for up to 20 days per month of incentive gain time, if the crime(s) falls within levels 810
vi. For crimes committed on or after October 1, 1995, inmates are required to serve 85% of each sentence imposed. Satisfaction of 85% includes time served in the county jail as credited by the sentencing court.
These inmates are eligible to earn up to 10 days per month incentive gain time.
This gain time is earned until the tentative release date reaches the date equal to 85% of the sentence imposed. At that point, gain time no longer is applied to reduce the sentence.
For example, at a rate of ten days per month you can earn approximately 913 days of gain time while in service of a ten year sentence. However, due to the requirement that at least 85% of the sentence must be served, only 548 days, or 1 and 1⁄2 years, could apply to the release date.”

If the state had charged CWW as a PRR, or placed a minimum mandatory, then he wouldn’t qualify for gain time. But they did neither. He qualifies to be released in 17 years basically.
We were not given all the facts re his plea agreement so we all hear more on the 20th in Feb when his scheduled sentencing hearing is.

We were not given all the facts re his plea agreement so we all hear more on the 20th in Feb when his scheduled sentencing hearing is.

No we weren’t, but it was said and confirmed in the trial that he wasn’t given a minimum mandatory. So that’s all we need to know, as far as gain time qualification.

Judge Kyle really is a wonderful judge. I just want to say I appreciated how he ran his courtroom. Wish all the future trials had him as the judge. He gets things done efficiently.

Enjoyed all your posts, dear fellow sleuthers. Got to run some errands. Wave, and signing off.

When is expected sentencing by the judge?

Are folks on another thread now? Link if so TIA

I just saw on rewind/pause, how did I miss in the threads from reading!

The judge sentenced him for both charges, as a PRR.

Life sentence is warranted. Per judge. Even without PRR, per judge, life sentence is warranted.

Judge gave him time to spend with his brother.

(Where are folks posting, as I missed this in threads. The title of the thread here hasn't even been updated????)

I just saw on rewind/pause, how did I miss in the threads from reading!

The judge sentenced him for both charges, as a PRR.

Life sentence is warranted. Per judge. Even without PRR, per judge, life sentence is warranted.

Judge gave him time to spend with his brother.

(Where are folks posting, as I missed this in threads. The title of the thread here hasn't even been updated????)

It's been updated now. I just walked in the door from being at work. :)

Per comments in this thread, I updated it to LIFE IN PRISON. I am unclear if it is LWOP. Haven't had a chance to watch any videos. If someone knows different, please advise with a clip of Judge Kyle reading his sentence. Thanks!

Tomorrow is FRIDAY THE 13TH. Makes me think of that garage code of 1313. Mark and Jimmy don't have to worry about tomorrow because it's already been the worse, very bad luck week for them already.

There's one more to go - watch out CWW!

That old saying is true-- Crime doesn't pay.

It's been updated now. I just walked in the door from being at work. :)

Per comments in this thread, I updated it to LIFE IN PRISON. I am unclear if it is LWOP. Haven't had a chance to watch any videos. If someone knows different, please advise with a clip of Judge Kyle reading his sentence. Thanks!

On court tv they said it was life with possibility of parole. They said because the judge did not say it was life without parole, that it would be with parole.

If the state had charged CWW as a PRR, or placed a minimum mandatory, then he wouldn’t qualify for gain time. But they did neither. He qualifies to be released in 17 years basically.

Thanks for posting this.

Do we have the actual plea agreement document? Any possibility the plea agreement specifies the full 25 years?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back