KY - Charles Eapmon, 32, & Carolyn Tomlinson, 28, murdered, Erlanger, 6 April 2016

Police believe Eapmon was the target. They said he was selling drugs again. He got out of prison in 2015, after pleading guilty to engaging in organized crime in 2010.

The killer or killers had been there before, they walked in the front door and went right to the basement bedroom.

Detective Tony Embry of the Elsmere Police Department said, "We believe they knew where they were going, knew why they were coming here, very organized. Quick, someone had to have insight into layout of the house prior knowledge of items taken.”

Detective Embry didn't want to say what was taken, but it was valuable and hidden.

And what was in the envelope in Doug Eapman's case file that was sealed by a judge? Could it be a motive for murder?

Something interesting is ICE Project Shadow Fire which ran for 5 weeks concluding March 21, 2016.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-arrests-more-1100-operation-targeting-gangs

We know Biddle fled to California and it's interesting the a majority of the ShadowFire busts took place in Cali and a total of 1,115 arrests were made across the country. Some of those arrested were just outside Eapmon's area.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/woodford-county/article73163762.html

Hearing about the judge sealed envelope on Eapmon to testify, where instead Biddle later pled guilty and testified himself, just made me wonder if Biddle testified because there was something more that Eapmon knew and he didn't want it out.

Pure speculation at this time that ShadowFire could all be related, but the timing of the Eapmon and even possibly Rhoden murders made me wonder if someone gave/or was rumored to give information to FBI or Homeland Security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently revealed information is helpful.

Seems to be no quibbling that Eapmon, out on parole for heading an Oxycontin crew, was back in the drug business when he was killed.

Being that his past thing was opiates, most likely he was dealing in opiates again.

The time period from 2010-2015 included a national effort to hammer the pill mill supply of pharmaceutical opiates. Kentucky and southern Ohio saw very active enforcement efforts.

The resulting almost-a-vacuum supply has naturally resulted in continually increasing supply of black tar heroin from Mexico, "fake" pharma knockoffs from Mexico (& some from China), and most recently the introduction of fentanyl (manufactured in Mexico & China.)

At some point, Eapmon's post-release supply of opiates & the associated monies passed through the hands of a cartel based in Mexico.

Eapmon's direct source could have been working directly for a cartel or possibly one or more steps removed. If he was dealing in big volume, the more likelihood of direct sourcing from cartel.

In the end, it goes there.

Hard to look at Eapmon and not wonder how far his cooperation went and if it was ongoing.

Anyone doing business with him could have reason to eyeball him as someone talking.

So it seems a reasonable possibility that he was killed because he was talking or at least suspected of continued cooperation.

Feds in the form of HSI/NGU involved in this investigation?

Probably all over it and the players mostly known to investigators.

The thing of value taken from the home.

Drugs? $ from drugs? Documents? Or what?

Robbery as a primary motive? Secondary? Or sharing equal billing with something like silencing him?

Interesting that law enforcement appears to know exactly what was taken.

The person or persons somewhat trusted by Eapmon as they were familiar with his home.

Possibly someone he did business with.

What street gangs was he affiliated/associated with?

Who and what are his prison associations?

Yeah. No shortage of folks who might have reason to want him dead.

Single shots each to the head. Confident. Possibly experienced.

Relatively silent. Possibly a .22 caliber handgun. Relatively quiet, but deadly. Potentially muffled with a pillow or other means?

http://local12.com/news/local/suspects-in-meth-investigation-arrested

"ELSMERE, Ky. (WKRC) - A familiar name emerged from drug arrests Tuesday, October 4, by the northern Kentucky Drug Strike Force and local DEA agents.The family name has been linked to drug distribution before and recently associated with murder. Charles Eapmon, James Eapmon, and Mathew Clem were arrested in connection with a five-month investigation into crystal meth distribution in northern Kentucky. Both Eapmons are related to Charles Doug Eapmon."

:bump:

Not seeing anything new in this case. Anyone else find anything?

Haha, I had the same experience. And they all have kids so young, and they are all involved with drugs, I'm starting to think that the whole area is like this. :) (To be fair, CT's baby daddy had trouble with the law, but I have no idea what kind.)

Drugs. Using, selling. Heroin/ opiates

http://local12.com/news/local/suspects-in-meth-investigation-arrested

"ELSMERE, Ky. (WKRC) - A familiar name emerged from drug arrests Tuesday, October 4, by the northern Kentucky Drug Strike Force and local DEA agents.The family name has been linked to drug distribution before and recently associated with murder. Charles Eapmon, James Eapmon, and Mathew Clem were arrested in connection with a five-month investigation into crystal meth distribution in northern Kentucky. Both Eapmons are related to Charles Doug Eapmon."

If I google on Charles or James Eapmon there appears a pic which shows the main person HG (died 2012) and around her a few persons. One of them (to HG's left) resembles the 13yo murder victim Libby, Delphi IN, whose familiar connections are reaching out to KY. Now I'm very confused. 2012 Libby was too young to be the girl on the photo but who is it who looks exactly like her? To me a little bit odd. :thinking:

Sounds like the three men possibly had some sort of business falling out.

According to Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders, Douglas Eapmon returned to the family drug-dealing business after being released from prison.

"This is a complicated case that I think – once this case heads to trial – it's probably going to be the type of thing that they write a book or make a movie out about," Sanders said.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...Court.html?soid=1101862056273&aid=IPDUDQEJMp0

Biddle was sentenced to 20 years.

Speculation on my part: may relate to Pike County.
I am am suspicious of Biddle because he spent time in California.
The marijuana package sent to Pike County post office in February 2016 was from California.
Biddle was incarcerated at the time, but may have had a hand in it thru others.
Ive always thought that package was sent thru mail to 'set someone up'. Mailing MJ is just not done if you want secrecy.
Case solved .Biddle has nothing to do with it .It was Dougies own family. His uncle Charlie which Doug is named after .Charles Douglas eapmon and his cousin james/Jimmy Eapmon killed Carolyn and Doug .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back