TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is. I'm also wondering if he came home early or if he generally gets home around 2 p.m. because 8am-2pm is not what I'd consider a full work day. MOO

"He says both Broussard and their two-week-old daughter Margot were nowhere to be found when he got home at 2 p.m, he then received a call from Cowan Elementary that Broussard had not picked up their child from school. He says he got his son from school and returned home and Broussard was still not there -- that's when he says he called police."

So, from 2:00 p.m., until 6:00 p.m., was he just sitting at the apartment? Because I honestly don't think he got a call right at 2:00 p.m., as the article seems to imply. I think he got the call at 6:00 p.m., as we have read from the earliest reports. There seems to be no mention now, in his interview, or in the later reports, about the door having been left wide open. What's with that? (IMO)

"The boyfriend saying he got home at 2 and she wasn't there , then the school called. "

anyone else seen conflicting info regarding this matter? If not look at her mom's FB page because she states things entirely different.

That ever-changing timeline is starting to smell.

Even acknowledging that reporters often goof the facts in a rush to be the first with news, there's something wrong about a 6 pm call from the school and his return home at 2. When is he saying the school called him exactly? Because no.

*I need to go read the full articles and snoop around.

Why would he not call the cops at 2 if he came home to their apt door standing wide open?

That's what stinks to me.

It's not just the timeline that seems to be fluid here. The facts seem to be changing, too.

Cowan is a really great school with great teachers! I'm sure the teachers are heartbroken and worried as well. Because it's been years since my boys went there I do not have any mutual friends with Heidi. Or her family members...always weird when you do! I think his statement was overdone. :(

I looked up the school hours of Cowan Elementary:

The doors at the drop-off area are unlocked by 7:00 am. Morning assembly begins at 7:30 a.m. and students are encouraged to attend the assembly every morning. Information is shared at morning assembly, and special programs take place. Classroom instruction begins at 7:45 a.m. promptly and ends at 2:45 p.m.

Students who are not picked up by 3:00 will be brought to the office to contact a parent or guardian. YMCA provides after-school care for those parents who cannot pick-up their students by 2:45 p.m.

Source: Cowan Elementary online parent handbook
Cowan Elementary: Parent handbook

I feel absolutely horrible for that little boy.

He sat waiting for his mom at school for hours...no doubt growing increasingly anxious with every passing minute.

His anxiety will have only grown when it wasn't his mom who picked him up.
It wasn't his mom who tucked him in last night.
It wasn't his mom who took him back to school this morning.

And nobody can reassure him that his mom and baby sister are all right.

Awful.

Just awful.

JMO.

Last edited:
Cowan is a really great school with great teachers! I'm sure the teachers are heartbroken and worried as well. Because it's been years since my boys went there I do not have any mutual friends with Heidi. Or her family members...always weird when you do! I think his statement was overdone. :(

The whole “of you see an amazing mom...” statement made my eyebrows raise. Of course, though, I admit to being a little jaded. I hope I am wrong and she took off for a few days.

Even the video interview of him has been edited. At one point, towards the end of his comments in the interview, he said something to the effect of: "She is an amazing mom. We need her." That is no longer in the video. He also gave his own cell phone number as a number to call if you "see something suspicious." He blurted out his own phone number, I believe. That's not in the video either (with good reason on that edit, though).

The whole “of you see an amazing mom...” statement made my eyebrows raise. Of course, though, I admit to being a little jaded. I hope I am wrong and she took off for a few days.
Same!

Like that's the one outstanding or remarkable thing about her? And there aren't a million other amazing mom's wandering around?

In my best Oscar Meyer commercial voice:
My baloney has a first name, it's S-H-A-N-E.

Austin has great neighborhoods that turn shady really quick! The area she lived in was not great....however, the bf's statement is "off" and doesn't match what APD is saying. Besides caves there are lots of greenbelts.....The onion creek greenbelt and McKinney Falls state park are super close....lots of wooded areas here. Those 2 areas are within 5 min or so of her apt....there's also a creek.

Making eye contact with the ground at important intervals in the interview.

That's what I noticed in the original, unedited interview, as well.

He looked away or down almost the entire time. But his crying and red face seemed genuine, too, which confused me.

Until I heard that he was home, la-dee-dah style, for an hour or more, even though their apt door was wide open when he got home.

What was he doing during that time before he went to pick up their son?

I'm praying for cameras right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member