TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay in regard to the open door, I found it mentioned in this source: Search underway for missing mom, infant

“in addition to the details provided by police, Broussard's friends say online that when her husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that.”

So take that with a grain of salt. “Not confirmed”

edit to add: other reports discuss the car door being unlocked but do not mention the apartment front door at all.

quoting myself : here is another story that mentions the open door posted today: Search for Missing Austin Mother, Infant Daughter Intensifies

“Authorities said they’re considering the possibility that Broussard left on her own or that the pair are victims of foul play.

Her fiance said when he got home, the door was open and Broussard’s car and other belongings were still there.

He has denied any involvement in their disappearance.”

edit to add: I notice there is no modifier for the door. Was it the car door or the apartment door that was open?

I don't believe we have enough information - cleared/confirmed - yet. All I have
  • What happened between 2 pm and calling Dad (around 6)? That's a long time to sit there puzzling about your missing girl and baby.
  • Did he call her friends or visit acquaintances in the complex?
  • Why were her items in the car not at home? The car only makes sense if she disappeared from the parking lot. That's lots of witnesses.
  • Shane seems way over his head. I understand the need for him to call Dad.
  • He forgot about the other child, when a reasonable person would immediately wonder if the other child was missing, too.
FWIW: I remember the dog and open door, too.

I didn’t know that. Interesting.

Given that i’d really like to hear at the presser that there’s evidence mom wasn't coping well, that her mom leaving was a turning point and that it appears she’s just taking some time.

One can dream.
Ita.
And even if Heidi showed up at a friend's -without the diaper bag, etc.
It'd be nothing to run to the store for diapers for Margot.
And if Heidi is nursing-- no formula to buy.

If school was released at 3, unless the kid was in an after school program, there is no way they waited 3 hours before calling someone else to pick the son up from school. Waiting 1 hour even would be unusual unless the school is just super busy after hours and no one noticed that he was still waiting. They would have tried to call her first and when the phone went to voicemail they would have called the next person on the contact list and so on until they got an answer. If the kid was in pre-k and was supposed to be released at 2:15, it makes more sense if he got home at 2, maybe grabbed a snack, watched tv for a minute then around 2:30 was getting called by the school that the son hadn't been picked up yet.

It's never (to my knowledge) been stated in MSM, but members here speculated that he may have been enrolled in an after school program at the school since both parents worked (prior to mom taking time off for Margot). On the schools website, it has information/links to after school programs through Happi Famli (not a misspelling) and if you follow that link to "after school care-on campus" it shows two options. One is:

Cowan Crew through Circle C Child Development Center M-F until 6:30pm

The other is:

After School Child Care through YMCA of Austin M-F until 6pm

Nurture My Child - Detailed Listing

After School Programs

Again, this is what members speculated *may* have been the reason for a 6pm call from school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member