Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you are saying.

The public had a right to know that William was a foster child and the couple who were reported to be his parents, were, in fact, his foster carers. The same goes for the grandmother.

I'm not disagreeing with you in the main. But..it didn't do any good to anyone once the info was released, the only thing it did was bring bad press to his Bio family.

IMO that wasn't the intention of AS.

OT - just to let you and others from OS know how bad it is, this is a map of the fires. Mainly just NSW (one state on the east coast). Each little flame is a bush fire, or as you call them Wildfires. The red ones are really bad.

View attachment 221108
That's just crazy. How can you find enough firefighters and equipment to try and battle so many fires? What a nightmare.

I hope it settles down soon.

That's just crazy. How can you find enough firefighters and equipment to try and battle so many fires? What a nightmare.

I hope it settles down soon.

Fortunately, other countries are helping us out. These fires have been going on for too long .... our own firefighters are getting really tired now, and they have a whole big country to protect during the worst of our bushfire season.

I'm not disagreeing with you in the main. But..it didn't do any good to anyone once the info was released, the only thing it did was bring bad press to his Bio family.

IMO that wasn't the intention of AS.

Well, that was unfortunate re the publicity surrounding the bio parents, yes and certainly wouldn't have been AS's intention. I still say that there needed to be transparency all around with this case, and less secrecy, so overall it was a positive move IMO.

I will wait for the next inquest now. I'm keen to hear the outcome on the tests regarding the timing of the 'last' photograph and hopefully, more information will come to light with the case and lead the police into establishing what exactly happened to William.

Apart from the really bad fires in NSW, isn't a good part of the state in an ongoing drought as well for quite some time now? That certainly wouldn't help in regard to the bushfire risk if everything is so dry like a tinder box. Very sad and awful for the people affected, and i always feel sad for the wildlife that can't escape it as well.

Apart from the really bad fires in NSW, isn't a good part of the state in an ongoing drought as well for quite some time now? That certainly wouldn't help in regard to the bushfire risk if everything is so dry like a tinder box. Very sad and awful for the people affected, and i always feel sad for the wildlife that can't escape it as well.

It's tragic for those who have lost everything and for the poor wildlife. It's terrible to think that most of the fires were probably also deliberately lit.

I think there will be more to come in the new year, unfortunately. Very sad.

It's tragic for those who have lost everything and for the poor wildlife. It's terrible to think that most of the fires were probably also deliberately lit.

I think there will be more to come in the new year, unfortunately. Very sad.
Agree, and was wondering how the fires started?

I will never understand why someone would deliberately set fire to wilderness during high heat and drought conditions. Would that be kids up to 'mischief', or something more mentally ill? I guess they don't have a hope of catching the people who would do such a thing? Just terrible.

I will never understand why someone would deliberately set fire to wilderness during high heat and drought conditions. Would that be kids up to 'mischief', or something more mentally ill? I guess they don't have a hope of catching the people who would do such a thing? Just terrible.

They did catch a couple of kids about 2 weeks ago.

Sometimes it's volunteer firefighters themselves. The culprits are sick monsters and unfortunately, most of them do not get caught.

Many if the fires have also been from lighting strikes. We have crews from US , CANADA, NEW ZEELAND & lots of interstate guys & girls as well. Some fires have been going since September. We are so grateful for anyone who has come to help. It's a real disaster, NSW is currently in at state Emergency level for 1 week. Sat is going to be worse . I know of a friend who lost their house today. The only thing now that will help is RAIN & that's not predicted till end of January

Meanwhile our PM is of holidaying, but he has sent his prayers & thoughts :mad:

I'm not doing anything to insult William or damage this site.

I am here to discuss the case like everyone else. Just because my views are different to yours and others, does not mean that you should all hunt in a rabid pack and try and bully me into silence.
Exactly!!!...the same ppl that talk about respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong