TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find these photos sooooo different that the person who has been giving interviews. Like, they are completely different.

I agree. In the photo's with Heidi he looks happy and content, in the interviews, he looks distraught and exhausted IMO I wouldn't expect him to look like he does in the photo's being shared. Again, JMO.

I haven't heard SC say in any of his interviews that he contacted HB's parents or any of her family members at any point that day/night to find out if they'd heard from her at all.

If he didn't do so, that's another huge red flag.

JMO.

No flag.

The Broussards traveled from Lake Charles, Louisiana last week after Heidi's fiancé Shane called to tell them she and Margot were missing.

Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily

I recall reading another story early on that he called them that night but couldn't find it with a quick search (so many of these articles have been updated and in the process the news stations are deleting earlier info... frustrating!)

No flag.

The Broussards traveled from Lake Charles, Louisiana last week after Heidi's fiancé Shane called to tell them she and Margot were missing.

Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily

I recall reading another story early on that he called them that night but couldn't find it with a quick search (so many of these articles have been updated and in the process the news stations are deleting earlier info... frustrating!)
BBM:

In the article, it states that her parents "traveled from Lake Charles, Louisiana last week after Heidi's fiancé Shane called to tell them she and Margot were missing."

There's a world of difference b/t SC calling to notify her parents that she and HC are missing, and calling to ask her parents whether or not they've heard from her at all.

It almost sounds as if he knew they hadn't heard from her.

Throwing the flag on this one, the fact that I'm not a referee, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Last edited:
Literally nothing in the world would stop me from doing whatever I thought would get my BABY back! People’s opinions? Way at the bottom of my give a crap list in that scenario.

moo
Someone described the feelings and emotions of families in a missing person case as "everything fades to black, except whatever concerns finding your loved one". I hate witnessing their pain,

Our schedule has been - a few days old, then 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months.
Can also differ slightly based on size of baby IME, my older daughter was over 6lbs so we saw them 2 weeks out after the first apt, with our younger one she was 5lbs and they had us come back at a few days old and again 5 days after that. Might also depend on pediatrician. We are in ATX, too.

Thanks for confirmation. Also understand why the police refused to discuss at presser.

ETA: Looked up the report at APD case link and the "case summary" on the report is blank. HB may have simply been a caller reporting alleged disturbance by others.
The Incident Card lists a specific apartment for the offense location. I'm not sure about Texas but in Pennsylvania, the family disturbance would have occurred in that specific apartment. If the complainant's address is different from the location of the offense/call for service, that address would be listed separately.

Literally nothing in the world would stop me from doing whatever I thought would get my BABY back! People’s opinions? Way at the bottom of my give a crap list in that scenario.

moo

How often do these pleas and interviews with family members bring a baby back? Or anyone for that matter?
I agree that getting a face and a description out to the public is important. It is the public that very often brings the missing back. Getting that information out is important. Maybe even a press conference I could see, but how does it benefit this man to keep putting himself out there to have the public label him a suspect when police haven't even done so?

If LE publicly took SC off of the POI list, and SC is not the perp, then the true perp or perps could kill them (if they are kidnapped) or move to destroy evidence, etc., IMO. Best to keep everyone guessing until things are tied up, IMO. However, the fact that there has been zero word of a ransom makes me doubt the kidnapping theory of HB's disappearance. Unless this is one of the horrible instances of kidnapping to take the baby. MOO.
BBM: Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. It makes so much sense when you word it that way. Your post is appreciated. :)

Someone described the feelings and emotions of families in a missing person case as "everything fades to black, except whatever concerns finding your loved one". I hate witnessing their pain,
Me too. I can’t imagine anything worse than the not knowing. And some people never gets answers. It’s painful.

1. Where did you find this?
2. Where's the rest of it that says what the call was about?
3. Are routine police reports public?

I was just thinking how there has to be either an arrest or presser by Friday. I know this sounds harsh, and it's not meant to be, but it's not like Heidi and Margo are the equivalent of a hooker disappearing (which I would not expect much news on). A missing woman and infant is high profile and we HAVE to hear something, right?

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

APD Incident Reports Database

When I looked it up at the link above -- the "case history" is blank.

How often do these pleas and interviews with family members bring a baby back? Or anyone for that matter?
I agree that getting a face and a description out to the public is important. It is the public that very often brings the missing back. Getting that information out is important. Maybe even a press conference I could see, but how does it benefit this man to keep putting himself out there to have the public label him a suspect when police haven't even done so?
BBM - I don’t think people missing loved ones care. I personally would take any chance.

And getting descriptions out - that’s part of the problem here. SC gave 3 separate interviews and none of them gave a personal description of HB or his daughter. No information on what they might be wearing when he last saw them. No photo being held up to camera.

moo

As each day goes by, the odds of her being a "runaway" diminishes IMHO. I wonder if she was lured away under the pretense something happened to their child in school. Panic mode, leave personal items behind, and hurriedly leave with SC.

The issue isn’t if it works, the issue is the fact that it flies in the face of both human nature, and usual behavior, to not keep putting yourself out there.

This isn’t a murder case where some people stand pat, and allow law enforcement to do their jobs.

This is a missing persons case, involving a mother and child. If the concern is public perception, your priorities are *advertiser censored* backwards.

That’s the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member