TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, and again, where did I say Austin PD confirmed private conversations a friend had with Heidi? I believe you are pulling information from quotes from our story. Austin PD did not give us those quotes. They confirmed her identity and confirmed she called them and made a report.

Here's a quote.

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues

It just seems like if you've gone to the trouble to construct an elaborate ruse to steel your best friends baby, you're not going to get caught with a body at your house.
Why not? Fiances kill their baby's mother all of the time. Parents kill their children. Why wouldn't a so called friend do something stupid like this? Who knows, maybe she didn't have the time to dispose of the body, once she had the baby in her arms. Just who was going to help this new mother of a newborn dispose of her friend's body?
It was me who thought it might be Shane.
You are the good Steel. I will forever be the bad Steel. :(
Stop it, you are a sweetheart with a heart of gold. To be honest, I was starting to doubt my own judgment, and to be fair? This investigation is just beginning. We don't know all of the facts yet and who all is involved.

I always found it strange there was no crime scene tape at the apartment, no one saw anything.

My guess? Heidi and the baby went out with her friend for a cup of coffee- an unexpected visit to see the baby for the first time. Maybe Heidi was just so happy to see her, she went joyfully, not knowing it would be her last ride.

Also- car seat was at home, to which tells me that this friend must have had one already in the car.

Still- we need more facts and we will get them. There still could be others involved, and whether folks were right or wrong in this God awful tragedy isn't the point- we're all good and caring people out here. We wanted Heidi and the baby found safe. We've been through together some miserable DV cases in the past- the recent trial of Kelsey Berreth before Thanksgiving. We also have seen poor Christine beaten to death and her baby Vanessa is still missing- done by the men in their lives. It's only natural many leaned in that direction. Absolutely no judgment here from me- you're a wonderful poster, as are all in this thread. We just wanted them found, preferably both mother and daughter alive. Thankfully at least the little sweetie is alive. Poor little darling.

I also wonder if Margot was used to the bottle once or twice a day, but it appears Heidi breast fed her all along? It's so hard to get a breast fed child to switch over to a bottle. I hope she has been getting enough in her.

It’s just weird the way this whole thing went down. Margot seems to be alive and well, but not Heidi? So from what is being insinuated here, Heidi was taken to a location for her baby. Someone she knew wanted the baby.

I remember early on in this discussion when that idea came up, there were challenges to back it up with statistics of women who gave birth, then we later kidnapped for the baby they gave birth to. We had all heard of pregnant women who had their babies cut out of them and murdered for their unborn babies. Although rare, it’s apparent that woman do get kidnapped after giving birth for their newborn and this turns out to look like just such a case.

Moral of the story: Just because it’s rare, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. FWIW, MOO

Last edited:
Do we know who the monster is? I haven't seen anything on who took them.
I went to a news site on FB and read the comments. Some of the commenters knew what was going on so I got a heads up that way.
But I can't remember which page now. Maybe abc13? BUT its a bit tricky to figure out which commenters were legit, but I could kinda tell. I still don't post the comments here since I can't verify...

Hey Everyone,

I just heard from a good friend of Websleuths. Leigh Egan from Crimeonline.com

Please stop trying to guess Leigh's source. Her source is solid and it IS NOT Maygen Humphry.

Please stick to the topic and remember Leigh is also a member of Websleuths. We will not tolerate any trashing of Leigh or of Crimeonline.com

Everyone at Crimeonline.com is supportive of the Websleuths community and therefore Websleuths is very supportive of all the hard-working people at Crimeonline.com
Thank you,
Tricia

It's one week ago. It doesn't sound like Margo was cared for well in that time period. Gosh, everything that has happened in this week and the actual truth so unreal with a new twist, but it ends up awful and real.

Hey Everyone,

I just heard from a good friend of Websleuths. Leigh Egan from Crimeonline.com

Please stop trying to guess Leigh's source. Her source is solid and it IS NOT Maygen Humphry.

Please stick to the topic and remember Leigh is also a member of Websleuths. We will not tolerate any trashing of Leigh or of Crimeonline.com

Everyone at Crimeonline.com is supportive of the Websleuths community and therefore Websleuths is very supportive of all the hard-working people at Crimeonline.com
Thank you,
Tricia
Thank you, Tricia. We love you!

Why not? Fiances kill their baby's mother all of the time. Parents kill their children. Why wouldn't a so called friend do something stupid like this? Who knows, maybe she didn't have the time to dispose of the body, once she had the baby in her arms. Just who was going to help this new mother of a newborn dispose of her friend's body?
It is definitely a crazy thing to do to steal a friend's baby. But it is done and is as old as time...(Solomon and the two "mothers").

It’s just weird the way this whole thing went down. Margot seems to be alive and well, but not Heidi? So from what is being insinuated here, Heidi was taken to a location for her baby. Someone she knew wanted the baby.

I remember early on in this discussion when that idea came up, there were challenges to back it up with statistic of women who gave birth, then we later kidnapped for the baby they gave birth to. We had all heard of pregnant women who had their babies cut out of them and murdered for their unborn babies. Although rare, it’s apparent that woman do get kidnapped after giving birth for their newborn and this turns out to look like just such a case.

Moral of the story: Just because it’s rare, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. FWIW, MOO
No one is saying those things don’t happen, or that it would have been impossible. The point being made was that it was far less likely than just about anything else.

But if this type of thing is the first place one’s mind goes when a new mother is murdered, you’re going to be wrong, far more often than you’re right.

That’s the point.

I'm wondering how long HB was "friends" with this woman. Were they friends a long time? Or, did they recently become friends via Social Media?

Just curious. I apologize if this was already discussed.
If it turns out to be the right woman mentioned on social media then they have been friends for 24 years.

I went to a news site on FB and read the comments. Some of the commenters knew what was going on so I got a heads up that way.
But I can't remember which page now. Maybe abc13? BUT its a bit tricky to figure out which commenters were legit, but I could kinda tell. I still don't post the comments here since I can't verify...

Same here. I heard but cannot verify and will not name...We should know a lot more by morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni