TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
MF told Tim LE told her she was the last to talk to HB. IMO that means nothing. She also told Tom she just gave birth to her own child.
Agreed.
Considering what she's capable of -- no one should be taking MF at her word.
She could very well have spoken to Heidi sometime that day-- but there are other people MF knows who are close to this case.

I’m really curious to learn when HB died. The fact that she was transferred to a second vehicle in Houston, found outside MF’s home and we’ve seen no reports anyone was alerted by the smell of decomposition makes me wonder if HB was actually alive but captive for a few days. I hope not—the horror would be unimaginable.
That's what I'm thinking. How else was baby Margo fed,and kept alive for week? Breastfed babies are not very keen on taking a bottle, or formula. They want the real thing from Mama. I know from experience. Does anyone know if there was baby formula,and bottles,around when they got Baby Margo,or executed the search warrant?

MOO

It really has been like going in circles trying to put the CPS visit into sequential context.

Here's a quote, for example, which direly states a request by CPS to perform a welfare check was what prompted the investigative activity at MF's residence.

"According to NBC News, Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department public information officer Lt. Daniel Arizpe confirmed a 1-month-old infant was found safe at the home just before 11 p.m., but the child’s identity has not been released.

Arizpe said a call from Child Protective Services for a welfare check at the address prompted the investigative activity. The child, who was transported to a local hospital, had no obvious injuries, the network reported."
Snipped from KIRO article @: Autopsy confirms missing Texas mom Heidi Broussard was strangled

However, when you click on the NBC source link within the KIRO article, there is no such statement by officer Arizpe included. :confused:

Megan is going to face the death penalty. Committing a major felony like kidnapping, which is a pretty serious criminal charge, in combination of murder, (Strangulation can be shown to be first degree murder, ie pre meditative intent to kill the person) means this is a Capital Murder case. Most Capital Punishment cases are when a murder is committed during a major felony, (killing a security guard during a bank robbery, for example)

What I am curious, is who will also be charged, if there is anyone else involved. and what will be the charges. If anyone helped Megan in this psychotic scheme of hers, they will face countless criminal charges..
Oh I agree but don't like making statements of fact when nobody's even been charged in HB's death. Time enough for that. Hence the possibility...

Just guessing from the perp's mugshot ... a very focused and determined woman , and not in a good way.
Was she insanely jealous ?

Oh I believe she was insanely jealous. That’s exactly the words, moo.

As for insanity, I won’t comment on the legal aspects of that, but my opinion is that a sane person doesn’t do something like this. No, this does not mean I believe she deserves a lesser punishment as result, but I am just saying, this is not something that sane people do, moo. Of course I can say that about every case here on WS.

PS I’m beyond the point of return for ever fully catching up here, so I’ve revised my approach to “keeping up” rather than “catching up”.

(ETA: Please excuse previous typos, I read back and am cringing)

ETA2: Based on the above, aren’t you guys glad I’ve given up my right to jury duty, as stated in this previous post ahaha

Last edited:
FWIW, I haven’t gone through the attorney verification process either. Apparently, watching Law and Order doesn’t technically make one an attorney (which I think is absurd).

But I digress. If she’s legally insane, then no one is legally sane. This was premeditated, executed according to plan, and diabolical.

Atleast that’s what renounced District Attorney Jack McCoy would argue.
I think when I originally asked the question regarding 'sanity', my concern was about whether MF-er had undergone some psychological event along the lines of psychotic break or deep depression relating to having children (or not being able to etc.) that so profoundly changed her behaviour that even a clearly premeditated event such as what appears to have happened (and as you point out) here would not have registered with her as being wrong?

At some point we will learn more I guess to understand this better as the info now is sketchy and anecdotal at best. But how do you go from being what sounded like a successful wedding planner to driving without a license and insurance and all the other items she was charged with in court the other day?

Did MT-er simply suffer some kind of breakdown and her life collapsed? Or, as @MassGuy points out, this was a cold and cleanly executed plan to get what she wanted no matter the cost?

IDK.

MOO

Did MT-er simply suffer some kind of breakdown and her life collapsed? Or, as @MassGuy points out, this was a cold and cleanly executed plan to get what she wanted no matter the cost?
IMO, both. I think her breakdown was probably more gradual, given that we have heard no one (including her own lawyer) say her behavior raised red flags, but regardless of the road bumps her life had hit, this was still a coldly executed and long-planned murder. IMOO.

Deeply shocked and saddened at where this case has turned. Not only killing a woman to steal her newborn baby but one of your best friends? This kind of evil can never be excused or explained. Whether she had lost babies or not, how can you plot to take your best friend’s life and baby and then actually commit such evil it’s unfathomable!

Her betrayal and indifference towards Heidi’s life and her blatant disrespect to her corpse are what will leave her facing the death penalty imo. A stranger is bad enough but a so called friend who watched you give birth strangling you to death with a ligature to take your newborn baby is just a whole new level of depraved.

Your baby girl is safe Heidi, you can rest now *advertiser censored*

What a great post.:):)
I have spoken about this case, to non Websleuthers,
and several thought I am creating fiction: this hasn't reached the Country, I live in.
So now, they are googling the case, and horrified.

I guess, movies/books will all be made, about Heidi shortly, as so unbelievable.
MOO.

I think detectives told MF she was one of the last to speak with Heidi. Per Tim Miller. Moo

Per Tim Miller video interview transcript by @CrimeDawg123 (thank you!!!):

“Reporter: Did she, was she forthcoming about maybe the last time she saw her?

Tim Miller: Well I asked I said now have you talked to detectives? And Magen said yeah they they called me because you know it looks like maybe I was the last one to talk to her, and we talked that morning prolly around 8:30, because she uh was having problems breastfeeding.”

But what I don't get---is why would he let her live rent free in his home for 2 years?

Oh, lots of landlords are just super nice like that!
They don't even really want or expect payment.
They're just happy to be able to put a roof over a stranger's head.

"No payment? No problem! Gotcha' covered!"

A really generous, altruistic bunch, landlords.
They're like Santa Clause, only they give and give and give, all year long.
Year after year.

What, you don't believe that?

Yeah. Me, neither.

JMO.

I think MF called Heidi from the parking lot and Heidi didn't think a thing about coming downstairs with only her phone and the baby. She may have popped into the car and MF took control from there. Knocked her out someway, then secured her and took off. Very curious as to what LE has pieced together.
I'm not so sure that physical force would have been required if the suggested plan was to go grab a coffee or a bite to eat? Or, what if MF-er simply brought MB her drink of choice and perhaps drugged her?

The ride to Houston was 2.5 hrs at least and it seems like it would have been easier all around to simply subdue MB vs physically harm her IMO. I do wonder though if MB knew she didn't have to pick up her son until 6, whether MF-er might have come up with a viable excuse to get her to Houston and so HB wouldn't have realised she was in trouble until she wasn't able to return from Houston?

The reason this more passive approach to a day trip to Houston and back again might not have happened is that we know that purse, baby gear etc. were left at home and the front door was left open as was the HB car door. This seems a big red flag that things weren't normal (even if SC didn't see things this way and so didn't call LE until 7:30pm which is something I still do not understand).

I do also still wonder about SC comment about the HB car seat being pushed all the way back when he looked at the car. This statement hasn't been verified by LE but if HB is 5'3" tall then there is no reason for the seat to be pushed all the way back IMO. SC didn't mentioned pushing the seat back himself to look for things so I'm assuming that he was simply describing the car scene the way he recalled it being.

My thoughts are that Megan called Heidi that morning saying she was in town and wanted to stop by for a visit. She offered to bring her her favorite coffee from Starbucks or somewhere and was drugged with something she put in it. There’s a lot of prescription drugs that make you feel dizzy and light headed after 15 min or so. Heidi may have felt out of it but still able to walk. Megan could have said, I’ll drive you to the hospital, I’ve got a car seat in my car anyways. And by this time Heidi starts to feel even worse and more delirious & is now worried about herself so she lets Megan take the baby and off they go. Heidi could be passed out the whole way to Megan’s house. I took an extra dose of Ativan once and I felt like I was in a dream. All of my senses were impaired until I woke up the next day. I feel like Megan drugged her to get her into her car. Moo. I’m anxious to find out what really happened.

And makes me go hmmmm as to didn't someone on a previous thread put up a post that had her selling a crib earlier this year? Why? She never had another child so how did she come upon a crib to sell?
I still think she may have run that ad in attempt to find some other pregnant woman/new mother who’s baby she could steal.

Transcript of Tim Miller interview:

Tim Miller: The family called us first and then I called and talked to the detectives up in Austin and we talked several times with detectives, and they said we just don't have anything yet on the investigation, it's narrowing this thing down to an area that we think we need to search. And he asked me, said have you found any areas? And I said, well, I did but I don't know if they make any sense. I said, I rode around with Shane for a long time. I you know I spent a good part of the day with him and you know we hate to go up there and spend a lot of money and burn up a bunch of resources with just shooting a arrow in the sky wherever it comes down, that's where we start. So we stayed in close touch, I talked to Shane almost every day. Shane's frustrated at best...

Reporter: He took a lot of heat.

Tim Miller: He took a lot of heat, and Shane would call me and say man they brought me and they polygraphed me, they kept me seven and a half hours and stuff, and he got upset with them, he called them some names that we can't say, and he said if I had anything do with this, squeeze it out of me. How come they can't squeeze it out of me? And you know, and Shane was questionable in my mind. He was. And his stories weren't just quite as consistent as I thought, but I got to remember, I went through that my own self, and in a very beginning, there's a lot of different things going through your head, so I understand it. Now. Now I understand. But then you know another friend gave me some friends of Heidi's and says why don't you call them, so my first call was to Magen. And she answered the phone, and I told her who I was, and she said yeah I've seen you on TV so many times and just thank you for helping find my friend, and I said well Magen, I said what's your heart telling you on this. And she's like, Shane did it. She says I was there 10 years ago when they met, I told Heidi stay away from this guy, he's trouble relationships on and off, there's been a lot of abuse going on, Shane keeps saying well that baby's not even mine and stuff, she called me back in May and said that her and Shane had a terrible fight, and and and she just went on and on and on and to the point that literally 45 minutes later, I said Magen, listen, I got it I got to go I'm getting a call on the other line. And said Mr. Miller thank you for what you're doing, she says I'm going to keep talking to people and everything if I come up with anything, is it okay if I call you? And I said Magen please do. Please call me. And I mean looking back at that conversation on Sunday to now, there was not one single indication that I would ever believe she had anything to do with it. So you know and she's at the hospital with Heidi when she has the baby, here she is after Heidi gets out at the house helping and everything, and supposedly the best friend. So

Reporter: Not just friend, best friend.

Tim Miller: They were best friends, yeah. She had like three really really close friends and and Magen was right there.

Reporter: When the baby was born.

Tim Miller: When the baby was born.

Reporter: We heard she went to baby appointments ...

Tim Miller: Oh yes. She did everything. Best friend.

Reporter: Have you seen these baby registries in her name?

Tim Miller: Uh well some people told me about some things out there, and you know, and and me of course there's rumors going around that Magen's boyfriend was wanting to break up with her, so she told him and she was pregnant, and you know, but anybody can speculate, and and I think everybody did a lot of speculation during that period of time and Magen never came in the mix, so...

Reporter: Did she, was she forthcoming about maybe the last time she saw her?

Tim Miller: Well I asked I said now have you talked to detectives? And Magen said yeah they they called me because you know it looks like maybe I was the last one to talk to her, and we talked that morning prolly around 8:30, because she uh was having problems breastfeeding. And I said but you didn't tell them about all this other stuff you're telling me? And she said no they didn't ask me about anything, they just asked me what our last conversation was like. And I said Magen don't you think maybe you need to call them, uh I said it sounds like maybe there's some information about Shane and that relationship that they really need to know, and you being a best friend, it couldn't come from anybody better. So uh she certainly had me convinced, that uh I just cried on the phone. So then last night when we was up there at the house I started thinking about it, yeah when she was talking to me on the phone she may had the phone in one hand and the baby in the other, and Heidi in the back, so I I don't I don't know.

Reporter: Your conversation with her was Sunday.

Tim Miller: Sunday, Sunday afternoon, probably 3:30,4:00.

Reporter: And you called her and she picked up, right?

Tim Miller: Yeah, she picked up immediately.

Reporter: And her conversation with Heidi was, you said, 8:30 the morning ...

Tim Miller: 8:30 the morning she disappeared. So now it appears as though she was probably in Austin when when that happened, I don't know, I mean, certainly that's up to the detectives now to make sure get phone records and different things...

Reporter: She told you she talked to detectives? They called her.

Tim Miller: She talked to detectives. They asked one question when was last time you talked to her? You know, what was her mood? What she talked about, well, she's having problems breastfeeding. I said, nothing else? No, that was it. She was in a good mood, just having problems breastfeeding.

Reporter: Did you know at the time, or have you learned, that Magen has different aliases? That she seems to move around a lot...

Tim Miller: Yeah, I I have heard that, I really haven't looked into it. We've been busy, and you know, again it falls into the speculation and rumor stuff and everything, but there's got to be a reason for that, doesn't there.
Thank you!
t07175.gif

On the podcast where they interviewed Carressa she indicated she was surprised MF called her at all and wasn’t sure how she got her number (they’d known each other years ago but sounds like they get along and had lost touch except for mentions through HB). I can image Mf going through HB’s phone and trying to insinuate herself as much into her life as possible. If true, it’s just that much more creepy.

Mods, I know podcasts aren’t normally quotable, but this one got picked up by major media. I don’t have a link but think it’s been provided previously. I can find it if needed. Please delete if inappropriate. I don’t want to contribute to any thread issues.
Here you go, Colorado! This is the MSM that quotes Caressa and talks about what she said on the podcast.

'I talk to Magen every day' | Heidi Broussard's friend shocked at charges

Last edited:
This tragedy is going to be a very deep and interesting dive into so many things. The best friend relationship, the pregnancy/womb robber, the ligature strangling by someone you know and love, the keeping a corpse close for days, the "boyfriend" dynamic...I could go on and on.

Oh I agree but don't like making statements of fact when nobody's even been charged in HB's death. Time enough for that. Hence the possibility...
So where was this CG/ landlord the week that MF was there with Heidi,and Baby Margo? We know MF had lived there rent free for two years,he bailed her out of jail. He's the landlord there. We know the neighbor knows they both live there, said they were trying to have a baby. They are both real nice,and quiet. So how Did MF keep Baby Margo,and Heidi hidden from him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288