TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking about MF’s attorney commenting that she looked very pregnant and had the waddle. (Not verbatim)
So I think she must have had a prosthetic belly. I’m only guessing. Moo and all that.

Thanks to the post right under yours that quoted @UnderstandBlue with the link to the video... lol Look at the snip I just grabbed... MF could have easily have passed for pregnant even yesterday IMO.

Attachments

• MF photo from in court.JPG
    MF photo from in court.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 175
^^ SBM

It is a very sad case. MF is certainly up there with the best of the socio/manipulatives I've seen and not surprising to me that she chose what seems baby boy items on very public baby registries. I think this choice could serve multiple purposes including initially deflecting attention to herself. It wouldn't last long.

I also think MF had to be in a mental state that wasn't making her a desirable companion, and her relationship with the man providing her shelter was at risk. She would not be the first to fake a pregnancy to manipulate a partner into staying with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she told the duped baby daddy that she wanted to be surprised at birth to learn the gender. She probably told him she could easily exchange baby items if they had a girl.

It had to be a life not going as planned! I see a woman that lost her job for allegedly stealing $5,000 (State Jail Felony Charge) -- making future professional employment difficult. And by pure luck, the charges against her were dismissed just weeks ago in November 2019. (Prosecution didn't believe they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt).

I'm sure we could come up with a hundred "what ifs" but I have to wonder if a guilty verdict and 180-day jail sentence could have prevented this murder. Passing off a three week old as your newborn much easier than a four-month-old. :(
BBM. I wonder if she had already targeted another expectant mother that she knew was having a boy. It's very odd she chose baby boy items on her registries.

One would think so!

I know what it's like having a bestie for years, and then things go south. Offensive behavior is overlooked because you care, then circumstances change, and you've both gone different directions.

JMVHO.

well, I think MF truly hated Heidi. Since they were supposedly such good friends, if MF only wanted the baby, she probably would have had the opportunity to babysit one day, she could have kidnapped the child then. But in her mind, Heidi had to die. Could be she thought about killing her and removing the baby before birth but didn’t get the opp. Could be the reason she was hell bent on going to dr. appointments. One would think she’d be too busy with her own prenatal appointments. Moo

Thanks to the post right under yours that quoted @UnderstandBlue with the link to the video... lol Look at the snip I just grabbed... MF could have easily have passed for pregnant even yesterday IMO.

Did we already talk about this? Look at the list of symptoms. "changes in skin and hair".

Not even kidding - I rescued two sibling cats long ago, that when one hurt itself by jumping off something stupid when they were really tiny, the OTHER sibling would fake a limp. So I've seen it with my own eyes in two little things with brains the size of walnuts.

I can't imagine HB coming out to the car without the baby carrier if she knew that MF was in labor and they were going to the hospital.

I think MF likely phoned or texted HB from the apartment car park and asked her to come down to the car. I think it was intended to be something as quick as BF handing MF some money that she even left the apartment door open and went down to meet her with nothing but the baby and her phone in her pocket. Somehow she obviously got HB to get inside the vehicle with her.

MOO
I think MF had a baby seat and diaper bag for fake baby, and maybe convinced HB she didn't need anything else and there wasn't time to mess with her carrier and seat base. She was breastfeeding, so no need for bottles and formula. When mine were babies, I'd often just tuck a couple of diapers and a travel size wipes in my purse. I hated carrying diaper bags. (To tell the truth, I had a fishing vest, the kind with a bazillion pockets, and I would tuck away only what I absolutely needed, so I didn't even need a purse and had my hands completely free for the littles.)

I could see MF drugging her, as well, if they were just sitting in the car to visit and have a cup of coffee. I don't know how else she could have controlled or restrained her after she got in the car. I'm not convinced she used a weapon, with their long friendship I don't think HB would have believed she was really in danger unless MF actually hurt her or the baby. And I don't think that happened until they were away from the apartment complex.

All speculation... Hopefully, MF will confess and we'll learn exactly how it happened.

I think her wanting to talk to Tim endlessly about HB and the case is consistent w/a guilty party. But I also know when SW went missing and after CW was arrested, some people just couldn’t seem to talk about anything else, and they’d talk to anybody who listened.

IMO some did it for attention and some because maybe they didn’t know what else to talk about. However, there were just as many who would talk excessively about the case because they were trying to process the whole thing in their minds. Especially when there were more questions than answers. While I was very selective about who I spoke with, I’m certain I droned on more than once.

Tim Miller has spoken w/hundreds of friends of the missing over the years and while I’m sure a 45 min conversation isn’t the norm, I bet this wasn’t the first time he ran into a chatterbox. He seems both wise and kind, and I completely understand why he’d assume her loquaciousness meant no more than a concerned friend who also happened to be housebound w/a new baby—grateful to have adult conversation and the opportunity to vent.

Ah, I understand now. I also didn't realize when I wrote that that it was the first conversation he had with her, so it's completely understandable! I was wrong in thinking it was one call of hers out of many and that it was a conversation towards the end, it just was so suspicious if it had been. A first call, I totally get the 45 minutes.

I saw the baby registry a while ago but cannot remember specifics, and I think it may have been removed. Did the items on there scream "boy" or were they more gender-neutral? IMO, the biggest difference between girl and boy clothes is one color--pink. Everything else is pretty neutral. For instance, one would notice a boy dressed in pink more than a girl dressed in blue? Just a thought with just when MF's plan actually took shape.

I think her wanting to talk to Tim endlessly about HB and the case is consistent w/a guilty party. But I also know when SW went missing and after CW was arrested, some people just couldn’t seem to talk about anything else, and they’d talk to anybody who listened.

IMO some did it for attention and some because maybe they didn’t know what else to talk about. However, there were just as many who would talk excessively about the case because they were trying to process the whole thing in their minds. Especially when there were more questions than answers. While I was very selective about who I spoke with, I’m certain I droned on more than once.

Tim Miller has spoken w/hundreds of friends of the missing over the years and while I’m sure a 45 min conversation isn’t the norm, I bet this wasn’t the first time he ran into a chatterbox. He seems both wise and kind, and I completely understand why he’d assume her loquaciousness meant no more than a concerned friend who also happened to be housebound w/a new baby—grateful to have adult conversation and the opportunity to vent.
Yes, and as we know per the BAU, certain criminal types like to insert themselves into an investigation for various reasons.

Did we already talk about this? Look at the list of symptoms. "changes in skin and hair".

Not even kidding - I rescued two sibling cats long ago, that when one hurt itself by jumping off something stupid when they were really tiny, the OTHER sibling would fake a limp. So I've seen it with my own eyes in two little things with brains the size of walnuts.

I think this is possible, but I also think that this was so calculating with going to doctor's appts, showing up at Margo's birth, the baby registry, and other things that it's also possible that she just ate and ate and ate to gain the weight to "appear" pregnant. The stress of keeping up a charade of being pregnant could have also caused hair loss.

well, I think MF truly hated Heidi. Since they were supposedly such good friends, if MF only wanted the baby, she probably would have had the opportunity to babysit one day, she could have kidnapped the child then. But in her mind, Heidi had to die. Could be she thought about killing her and removing the baby before birth but didn’t get the opp. Could be the reason she was hell bent on going to dr. appointments. One would think she’d be too busy with her own prenatal appointments. Moo
I think she hated her too. She had probably hated her for a long time. JMO.

Heidi's and Margo's case made MSNBC's national news tonight. TB (HB's Mom) gave a statement.

Suspect in case of missing mom Heidi Broussard found dead acted 'concerned', friends say

Regarding hating Heidi - MF certainly did. So, so sad.

Last edited:
I have a creepier feeling that she wanted to "become" her. But I've seen too many movies, probably.

I wonder if Heidi was her only friend? Since they’d been friend for years, MF may have felt deeply betrayed by Heidi.
I do find it amazing she didn’t hurt the baby. I’m not certain she really wanted a baby as much as she wanted Heidi gone. Had things not ended, what was going to happen? Well never know, thankfully. But, MF had a body to dispose of, a baby to keep her awake 24/7, the need to run from the law, she would need funds, etc. How was she going to cope? Jmo

I haven't had the time today to go through all the comments, but watching the Tim Miller interview was so wrenching. This kind man has endured the worst pain and has endeavored to turn that into a force to help others, and therefore has communicated with innumerable friends and family members of the missing. Yet here he is in the innocence of his heart, being taken in by a superlatively patholological liar. I wish they'd met in person rather than the phone, because maybe in person she'd have a "tell." Or maybe not, I know he's not trained as a detective. When he said that he may well have been speaking to MF and she could have had the phone in one hand , the baby in the other, and Heidi "in the back," my heart just broke.

He is an empath and a warrior.
She might of pushed her chatty luck with him...I’m sure that guy has an army of angels riding shotgun.

MOO

I do think the pretense was a quick visit for sure. Because no one who has lived in either place would risk a pre-holiday round trip to Houston in that space of time knowing your son needed to be picked up by 6 PM. Even if MF showed up at 8 AM - it's still an insane, long drive with no time to spend in Houston before coming back. It's too unpredictable a drive with traffic. And why would you go there just to turn around? Makes zero sense. She thought she was leaving the apartment for a short time IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member