TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter Margot Carey were last seen Thursday, Dec. 12, at 7:30 a.m. when Broussard dropped off another child at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they returned to their home near West William Cannon Drive and South First Street afterward, but they haven’t been seen since.

Broussard is 33 years old, 5-foot-3, 150 pounds with long, dark hair with highlights.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

Thread Number 1
Thread Number 2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread # 5

Thread #6
Thread #7

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Heidi-and-baby.jpg

Last edited:
Admin note:
Consider it a Christmas gift that the discussion has not been closed yet AGAIN. The amount of TOS violations on the last thread are staggering. Members seem to be taking advantage of the shortage of moderators at this time of year and that is disheartening. I am battling cold symptoms and have out of town family flying in today so I don’t have time to clean up the thread or log in. My generosity will not be extended to those who are blatantly disregarding TOS and sleuthing a person who has not been named a POI in MSM or by LE…. And the wrong individual to boot. DO NOT POST information unless you are absolutely positive it is the right person AND can back it up with a mainstream media link. I do not see anything in MSM or in the media thread that anyone else has been arrested.

Only MSM information is allowed to be posted and discussed. Random youtube videos are not allowed to be posted or discussed unless approved by Tricia. Please keep that in mind going forward. Posting rumors is ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED. Trying to circumvent the rules by posting questionable information will be met with serious consequences. Enough is enough people!

Jmo it sounds to me like this woman snapped, something went seriously awry in her brain, as nothing we have heard sounds like she was in any way a suspicious-type person with jealousies, rages, etc...I hate to think this was done over a man, or over money, but those are often the motives in what seem like “senseless” crimes. But I do think it was one or the other, if not both in some way.

We did allow a live podcast called "J is for Justice" to be posted on thread #7 last night. The host interviewed an old friend of Magen's. Please do not discuss what the hosts said only what the friend said. There was nothing big revealed other than the friend, Jake, said Magen never wanted kids. PommyMommy did a great recap of the interview in the last few pages of the thread. Her recap starts RIGHT HERE and continues through the last three pages of the thread.
Thank you PommyMommy.

Tomorrow (Monday) I am interviewing Crimeonline.com 's Leigh Egan about this case.
Leigh is a member of Websleuths and an awesome crime reporter for Nancy Grace. She also has the best and most reliable sources.
If you have any questions you would like me to ask Leigh and our good friend Sheryl McCollum (she'll join us as well) please post them in this thread.

The podcast will be posted as quickly as possible tomorrow. Check back on this thread for the link and more information.

I figure there was a minimum of six months of a huge charade, maybe upon learning Heidi was pregnant at 2-3 months, MF exclaimed “omg, meeeee toooooo!”
So for months she had to be under extreme stress in order to pull off such a prolific lie 24/7.
I’m guessing SC and Tammy can think of a lot of strange behavior by MC, looking back to Margo’s birth and days following.
I’m not qualified to diagnosis MF’s psychological make-up. But I do know some definitions of psychopath (including the one given in recent book “my Daddy is My Hero”) say true psychopaths don’t experience stress or fear. It’s possible MF was excited and confident and not suffering from stress or fear. Also possible she was suffering from depression and let her self-care go completely to pot. Who knows? Whatever her excuse, it’s no excuse. Jail is where she belongs and I have a fair degree of confidence the TX penitentiary system is not going to tolerate pictures of Heidi and Margo on MF’s cell wall.

Last edited:
There's no way she got to the backyard via a neighbor's house. It's pretty clear that she got the car into the backyard through the gate. Must have been difficult.

The picture I posted showed an aerial view and I laid out the path and location of the car in the backyard. It was removed because it wasn't verified, *sniff sniff*. Yours may disappear, too. :/

True, it doesn't look like it from the angle in your photo. I'm just repeating what the neighbor told the reporter on the news. I assumed MF did it on the right side of her/MF house to access the back yard since the neighbor said MF drove her car between the houses (not through their backyard) and into her own (MF) back yard. and it doesn't look like there's room to do it on the left side of the house. You can see plenty of room on the right side of the house in different pictures and it would be partly on their property, but not through their backyard. I could be wrong, but that's what the neighbor said on tv to the news reporter. Yes, she would have driven it over the grass. The car was pictured numerous times on the news from various vantage points in the backyard (rounded patio portion) backed up to the back door.

Last edited:
Just a few notes from what Heidi's friend Caressa had said last week:

Caressa regarding Megan’s relationship status:
“This is Heidi telling me this, that MF and her boyfriend were on the rocks, but then MF told me the other day, and she kind of chuckled after, was well you know, I should be having a custody battle here in the next two months or so.”

Regarding the argument the neighbor heard at the apartment complex:
That it ended up being that it could have been the neighbors on her back side, that they faced wall to wall, because they found out they do argue A LOT.

For what it’s worth, Caressa says MF (claimed) she got a text from Heidi at 8:23 a.m. — not a phone call. Heidi had texted about breastfeeding. MF was supposedly sleeping because she was sooooo tired being a new mommy and having a baby and has to sleep when the baby sleeps, that she missed the text, and when MF tried to text/call back, the phone was already off.

If you're the Defense Atty, and since murder charges have not been filed yet, do you offer up a Guilty plea to 2nd Degree Manslaughter in exchange for the dropping of kidnapping charges?

Then if you're the District Atty, do you come back with a counteroffer of 1st Degree Murder, in exchange for releasing the kidnapping charges, and the possibility of Death Penalty?

Marking my spot.
Wonder if we'll ever understand this crime ?
Other than some who knew MF and can explain the MF they knew ?
Did the perp fool everyone ?
Hardly insane and certainly evil.

What a psycho.
How can you be friends with someone for so many years and commit an act that takes the life from them ?
Such brutality defies comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member