TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if MF had been working at all these past 2 years? I haven't seen anything after the point she was fired from the Loan Office. If CG's mother said she hadn't paid rent, I'm thinking her source of income had stopped flowing,,,,and relationship developed problems, life began to spiral. If she wanted to live there with CG without having to work, her only option may have been to hold on with a baby. I'm sure in time we will hear a lot more from CG on what was happening in their relationship this past year. I feel it's simple she snapped, was desperate - her only way to hold on to living with CG was a baby. And therein the foundation for her plan was made... .

It's not like the old days for baby snatchers with all these ancestry DNA sites matching you up to your real mother, father, brother, even distant cousins. Matched my son and I up right off.

Can you imagine if Margo wasn't found and she sent in her DNA test and found out this shocking story when she was older? So thankful she was found, but I'm so sad about Heidi.

If you're the Defense Atty, and since murder charges have not been filed yet, do you offer up a Guilty plea to 2nd Degree Manslaughter in exchange for the dropping of kidnapping charges?

Then if you're the District Atty, do you come back with a counteroffer of 1st Degree Murder, in exchange for releasing the kidnapping charges, and the possibility of Death Penalty?
Nah the kidnapping charges are the least of her worries. And strangling a mom in a plot to steal a baby would never be manslaughter

Tomorrow (Monday) I am interviewing Crimeonline.com 's Leigh Egan about this case.
Leigh is a member of Websleuths and an awesome crime reporter for Nancy Grace. She also has the best and most reliable sources.
If you have any questions you would like me to ask Leigh and our good friend Sheryl McCollum (she'll join us as well) please post them in this thread.

The podcast will be posted as quickly as possible tomorrow. Check back on this thread for the link and more information.

I can’t wait for this!

Nah the kidnapping charges are the least of her worries. And strangling a mom in a plot to steal a baby would never be manslaughter
Yeah. If this pleads out, It’ll be first degree murder with a life sentence, as opposed to the death penalty.

I could definitely see that happening, as they have her dead to rights.

Does anyone know if MF had been working at all these past 2 years? I haven't seen anything after the point she was fired from the Loan Office. If CG's mother said she hadn't paid rent, I'm thinking her source of income had stopped flowing,,,,and relationship developed problems, life began to spiral. If she wanted to live there with CG without having to work, her only option may have been to hold on with a baby. I'm sure in time we will hear a lot more from CG on what was happening in their relationship this past year. I feel it's simple she snapped, was desperate - her only way to hold on to living with CG was a baby. And therein the foundation for her plan was made... .

According to MF’s linked in page she works as a wedding planner in Houston.
It says 2012 to - present?
I’m not listing the name. It’s out there.
I’m sure they wish she never was” linked in” to them ...like ever!

MOO

I cannot
It's not like the old days for baby snatchers with all these ancestry DNA sites matching you up to your real mother, father, brother, even distant cousins. Matched my son and I up right off.

Can you imagine if Margo wasn't found and she sent in her DNA test and found out this shocking story when she was older? So thankful she was found, but I'm so sad about Heidi.
imagine, but this came across my newsfeed the other day....

DNA, determination help find man abducted as a baby in Chicago 55 years ago

According to MF’s linked in page she works as a wedding planner in Houston.
It says 2012 to - present?
I’m not listing the name. It’s out there.
I’m sure they wish she never was” linked in” to them ...like ever!

MOO

The event establishment was posted on earlier threads. It is MOO she is no longer at this job, after a short stint. Her last known job of record appears to be the check cashing store. Moo

Yeah. If this pleads out, It’ll be first degree murder with a life sentence, as opposed to the death penalty.

I could definitely see that happening, as they have her dead to rights.

100% dead to rights. I can’t wait to hear what her defense is going to be. They have Heidi last seen entering MFs car. They have Heidis body in MFs trunk, and they have baby Margo in MFs house.

Any guesses on what angle she’s gonna go for here?

I suspect we’ll end up with a LWOP plea deal like you said

100% dead to rights. I can’t wait to hear what her defense is going to be. They have Heidi last seen entering MFs car. They have Heidis body in MFs trunk, and they have baby Margo in MFs house.

Any guesses on what angle she’s gonna go for here?

I suspect we’ll end up with a LWOP plea deal like you said
Some sort of mental defect probably, as they can’t say she didn’t do it.

If she wanted to live there with CG without having to work, her only option may have been to hold on with a baby. I'm sure in time we will hear a lot more from CG on what was happening in their relationship this past year. I feel it's simple she snapped, was desperate - her only way to hold on to living with CG was a baby. And therein the foundation for her plan was made... .

I think this is about right. After her arrest for theft at the loan store, gainful employment is probably not readily available. The photo of CG/MF on one of the baby registry sites appears to be a normal photo of a happy couple. Therefore, I now feel they did have more than a platonic relationship at some point. He bailed her out of jail after her theft arrest. Did things go haywire after that? Maybe they broke up with him giving her some time to find new living arrangements......did she begin neglecting her appearance, maybe resorting to “nervous binge eating” , was she fearful she had no place to go, unemployable, etc?
Did she hate herself, directing her hate towards a happy Heidi? moo

I didn't really learn anything from the JayIs4Justice podcast. The young man worked for the same company at different locations and used to hang out and party with MF for a couple of years 2015-2017. He seemed legit IMO, he seemed honest and straight-forward. But really didn't have too much to offer except he did say that during that time, MF did not give the impression that she wanted to have children. Like others, I found the podcast disorganized. There didn't seem to be any prepared questions. It seemed like they expected the young man to come on and just take it away. That didn't happen. I think we'll see the contrast with Tricia's podcast tonight.

Sorry I can't keep up at all with this thread. Not sure if discussed at all, but wanted to say... regarding the amazon baby gift registry of MF and CG - to me, those things are def 'boy'.. which leads me to wonder - is it possible that MF may have actually *been* pregnant and possibly for long enough for the u/s techs to know it was a 'boy', and at some point along the way, MF lost the baby? If she had miscarried, perhaps even later in her pregnancy, it could've effed up her head?

I'm thinking that IF she had planned this well ahead of time, her baby registry would've included baby girl stuff... even if not pink. So much exciting and pretty stuff for baby girls, frills and dresses and hair bands, etc. Surely Heidi would've known months ago, as do most parents-to-be nowadays, that her new baby was going to be a girl, and she would've shared that news with her 'bestie'. Or did she have someone else's baby boy in mind for this plan? Just a thought.

Also, really curious why she has not yet been charged with murder?

Broussard's mother, Tammy Broussard, releases statement regarding her daughter's death:

"The family is overwhelmed with grief. We're getting through as a family. We're blessed with having many of Heidi's friends to help and Austin and Lake Charles community have been wonderful with their support and kindness and we're very grateful to them. Tammy Broussard said that with Christmas coming up, their focus is on spending time with Heidi Broussard's 6-year-old son, who has now lost his mother. "She was very loved and we want to do this as a family with his father, Shane, and Grandfather, Ty, and all the others who loved Heidi," she said."

DNA results could confirm soon if baby found alive belongs to murdered Austin mom

My Theory

I have followed this case since it first broke that Heidi Broussard and her newborn baby, Margo, were missing. Given the evidence, I’ve developed a theory on what happened. We will more than likely never understand why Magen did what she did, and there’s no reasonable explanation. I believe that Magen is dealing with some mental health issues or substance abuse problems that were catalysts for what she did. It’s hard to know exactly what happened and there are many questions that I obviously don’t have answers to. Maybe some of you can fill in the blanks.

At approximately 7:50am Heidi Broussard dropped her son, Silas, off at Cowan Elementary in Austin, Texas and proceeded to return home to the Club at Summer Valley apartments off West William Cannon Drive and South First Street. It is presumed that she did not make any stops but she allegedly called her boyfriend Shane at 8am. (There are rumors that she may have stopped at a Starbucks, but it has not been confirmed. If she took West Gate Blvd. to William Canon Drive to return home, there is a Starbucks about halfway in between her home and the school.) This places her back at her apartment at approximately 8:05am – 8:15am.

Once back at the apartment, Heidi takes the diaper bag and baby Margo in her car seat up to their 3rd floor apartment and she lets their dog Zeus out. In the “Jay is 4 Justice” interview Carissa Nolte (Heidi’s good friend) noted that Heidi would routinely just open the front door and let the dog run downstairs to a grassy area that could be seen from her balcony. Zeus is well trained, and he returns to the apartment when she calls him. It is around this time (8:30am) that Carissa claims Heidi received the last text message she’d ever see. Carissa says it was from Magen and it was regarding breastfeeding difficulties. I believe that it is around this time that Magen calls Heidi and “surprises” her by telling her that she is in Austin and nearby with a newborn of her own and wants to see Heidi. She may have asked Heidi to come downstairs to help her or something along those lines. (Magen was probably already in the apartment complex and saw Heidi return home.)

Excitedly, Heidi puts Zeus on the patio because she assumes that Magen will be coming upstairs to hang out for a while, and heads downstairs to meet her, accidentally leaving the door to the apartment open. Heidi is carrying baby Margo in her arms, and she has only her phone and her keys with her. Once downstairs she sees Magen in the backseat on the passenger’s side of the vehicle. A car seat is in the backseat on the driver’s side, and there’s somebody else driving the vehicle. (She may or may not have known this person.) Magen and Heidi exchange greetings and Magen asks Heidi to get in the passenger’s seat to show them where to park. (In apartment complexes such as this many of the parking spots are reserved and visitor parking is sometimes tricky to find.) Heidi agrees to get in the passenger seat holding the baby because she believes that she’s only traveling within the apartment complex, so she isn’t concerned about a car seat for Margo. I don’t believe Heidi would have gotten into the vehicle willingly (which is what was reported by law enforcement) without securing Margo in a car seat and bringing the diaper bag.

At this point I think that Magen has scouted the area with whoever is driving, and they know where they can go in the complex where they more than likely won’t be seen. With Heidi sitting in the passenger’s seat and Magen sitting directly behind her in the backseat, the unthinkable happens. Magen quickly uses a garrote, or something similar, to strangle and murder Heidi right there in the car. Once Heidi is subdued, Margo is moved into the car seat. Magen and her accomplice then immediately leave the apartment complex and go to a predetermined location where they can move Heidi’s body into the trunk of the car. Once the body is moved, they start their journey back to Magen’s home in Houston.

Questions

1) Who was driving the vehicle? It’s being reported that another female has been arrested in connection with the case, and she is being charged with the same crimes as Magen.

<mod snip>

3) From all reports that I’ve seen, it was a black SUV that Heidi willingly got into. Why then was Heidi’s body moved into the trunk of her silver Nissan Versa? Does Chris Green drive a black SUV as neighbors have told the media?

4) Everything about this brazen act seems so well planned and premeditated. Why was their no attempt made by Magen and her accomplice to dispose of Heidi’s remains in the 8 days she was presumably dead?

5) Where was Chris Green (Magen’s boyfriend) during all of this? He has not been charged with anything and he reportedly is the person who called CPS to their home. Did he not question why he wasn’t notified his girlfriend was in labor? Was he not suspicious that Magen showed up with a 2-week-old baby? Chris looks to be biracial, did he not question anything about the baby once he saw her? Did Magen just think that no one would notice the baby’s skin tone?

6) Assuming my theory is correct, how could Chris not question Magen’s vehicle being parked so oddly in the back yard? How did he not detect an odor of decomposition?

7) On the contrary, let’s assume that Heidi WASN’T killed but was kidnapped and held against her will. How could this possibly go unnoticed by Chris?

8) Why has no one been charged with murder?

9) Why did it take Shane so long to call the police? He hadn't been able to reach her for almost 12 hours. He found everything she would have taken with her still in the apartment when he got there around noon. But he waited over 7 hours to call the police.

10) Who is closes enough to Magen to agree to go through with this heinous plan? Who else would benefit from this happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
SBM

1) SBM It’s being reported that another female has been arrested in connection with the case, and she is being charged with the same crimes as Magen.

3) From all reports that I’ve seen, it was a black SUV that Heidi willingly got into. SBM

5) Chris looks to be biracial, did he not question anything about the baby once he saw her?
1. was explained away earlier on the thread, apparently poor grammar or sentence composition as they were at first not naming Magen although her name had been released thru media. (Doesn't mean that someone else won't be arrested, just that so far no one else has)
2. I haven't seen a report that she was seen getting into a black SUV.
5) He doesn't look biracial to me, on the only photo I've seen...on the baby registry icons.

But that was a lot of work putting it all together, thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member