Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

If someone was shot in the face outside the cabin, blood would be found. If someone was shooting into the cabin, bullet holes consistent with that would be found. Due to lack of such evidence, it is my logical conclusion that those did not happen. I made no claim that nobody else was there, but it would be quite a coincidence if she was hallucinating AND was attacked.
Exactly. Everything about this screamed of some sort of mental issue, atleast after we heard what the scene looked like. That’s why many of us expected her to be found in the general area, which is exactly what happened.

The leaps that would have to be made to make this into anything else, like foul play, is more than a bridge too far.

My only question at this point is what caused it.

“We’re hopeful that it’s Quintal so that we can close out our case and we can bring closure to the family, finally,” Rosa told the paper.
Missing Michigan woman Adrienne Quintal, 47, found dead after 2-month search, family says | Fox News

Police and Quintal's family have speculated she might have suffered some type of medical issue. Her sister told the Free Press Quintal had suffered a head injury several months earlier.
Body of missing Southfield woman Adrienne Quintal found in northern Michigan

While there has not been positive identification, the family says they are walking away with closure.

“We can rest a little easier knowing that the journey so far has come to an end. It’s been hard searching for her and even though we’re glad to have some closure it’s been heart-wrenching,” says Bryson.

Quintal’s family has one wish, that people in the community will honor her.

Adrienne Quintal's Family Speaks Out After Discovering Body in Platte River - 9 & 10 News

The initial investigation showed no signs of foul play. An autopsy will be done to determine the official cause of death.
Missing Southfield woman Adrienne Quintal found dead

You can drown in a very small amount of water, less than two inches I believe. She could have stumbled into the swampy overgrown areas in a confused state and just kept getting deeper into the marshy swampiness where there were broken trees, brush, and water. Felt desperate to make it through the area, but kept getting more entangled in the messy area. Wherever she finally collapsed from exhaustion (perhaps) had enough water to eventually drown. At this point, I would bet this is what happened to her. Why she was confused I cannot say —- perhaps a mental condition or other reasons. Mental issues are not always seen with clarity to know how troubled she was, nor are drug issues should that be a factor,

may she and her family have peace one day.

This may all be true, but it is opinion without a source. Inappropriate to state as a fact, and very disrespectful to her family who may be on here.
Rules about how we’re supposed to state things aside, there’s no source that she died in any other manner than accidental.

I once had a family member pass away of natural causes and some time afterward it was suggested this person had been murdered. That was actually really heart wrenching for our family because it wasn’t the truth and we wished the whole public speculation thing would just end. We thought we had closure and everyone wanted to make it more dramatic than the truth.

IMO this thread should be closed and the name of her bf scrubbed from the posts. The people who love her have closure now, will have more as they get results back. What a sad time of year for them to be experiencing this.

Also MOO but to keep blaming particular people for her death, whether directly or indirectly is unfair. We only know what LE told to the media and her family’s opinions.

Ada was 47 years old, plenty old enough to make her own decisions about who she wanted to associate with. We’re not talking about a teenager here. MOO at this point, blaming other people for what appears by LE and media coverage to be an accidental death is not fair.

When something like this happens, people like to have someone or something to blame. Drugs? Intruders? I see many things in this case that Ada may have been withdrawing from life herself. We've all heard of her plan to ditch her condo, we know that she had stopped working, we know that she volunteered to be up at the cabin. We also know that she didn't come home with the BF, even just to visit her son. We know that she spent god knows how much time calling multiple people, and talking for almost five minutes, yet never once called 911. The know she gave the wrong address. We know that despite being in a locked cabin, armed with a gun and extra ammunition, she made the decision to abandon the very things that were protecting her.

In my opinion this is very likely a suicide. One of the negative aspects of taking ones own life is that the ones closest to that person feel guilt and a lack of self worth. I believe Ada concocted this abduction idea in an effort to spare her loved ones these feelings. I believe she made the call from inside. I believe she purposely gave the wrong address so she would know exactly when the police would be close. I believe she sat on that roof, a place that we know was her "peaceful" spot, for some time. Then she abandoned her phone and gun and simply walked to the pond and ended it.

Yes there is the possibility of a drug induced event or a complete mental breakdown, but is there any real evidence of drugs? Has she ever had any kind of mental episode before? Again, its possible, but IMO unlikely.

When something like this happens, people like to have someone or something to blame. Drugs? Intruders? I see many things in this case that Ada may have been withdrawing from life herself. We've all heard of her plan to ditch her condo, we know that she had stopped working, we know that she volunteered to be up at the cabin. We also know that she didn't come home with the BF, even just to visit her son. We know that she spent god knows how much time calling multiple people, and talking for almost five minutes, yet never once called 911. The know she gave the wrong address. We know that despite being in a locked cabin, armed with a gun and extra ammunition, she made the decision to abandon the very things that were protecting her.

In my opinion this is very likely a suicide. One of the negative aspects of taking ones own life is that the ones closest to that person feel guilt and a lack of self worth. I believe Ada concocted this abduction idea in an effort to spare her loved ones these feelings. I believe she made the call from inside. I believe she purposely gave the wrong address so she would know exactly when the police would be close. I believe she sat on that roof, a place that we know was her "peaceful" spot, for some time. Then she abandoned her phone and gun and simply walked to the pond and ended it.

Yes there is the possibility of a drug induced event or a complete mental breakdown, but is there any real evidence of drugs? Has she ever had any kind of mental episode before? Again, its possible, but IMO unlikely.
Interesting. That would explain a lot, and there have been elaborately staged suicides.

Like the woman who faked her own abduction and shot herself in the trunk of her car.
FBI rules Montana woman found shot dead in trunk in Spokane was an elaborate suicide

Or the Wisconsin cop...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-staged-suicide-officials-say/?outputType=amp

Or the census worker...
Census Worker’s Hanging Death Called a Suicide

Interesting. That would explain a lot, and there have been elaborately staged suicides.

Like the woman who faked her own abduction and shot herself in the trunk of her car.
FBI rules Montana woman found shot dead in trunk in Spokane was an elaborate suicide

Or the Wisconsin cop...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-staged-suicide-officials-say/?outputType=amp

Or the census worker...

That seems a little weird to go through all of that, the only reason would be if there is some stipulation that the family don't get insurance or something if it is a suicide. Other than that, why put your family through that, knowing most likely they will won't stop looking for justice.

That seems a little weird to go through all of that, the only reason would be if there is some stipulation that the family don't get insurance or something if it is a suicide. Other than that, why put your family through that, knowing most likely they will won't stop looking for justice.
I'd say that they feel guilt in walking away from their loved ones. Imagine how her son would feel if she simply shot herself in the head. I don't know, just speculating here.

Perhaps the thinking is that a murder would be easier emotionally on the family than knowing their loved one chose to leave them, and so that they wouldn't forever bare the guilt of not seeing the emotional pain she was in and thinking they could have prevented it.

It is certainly the exception, though, and very unusual, but it does happen.

Or the Wisconsin cop...

Or the census worker...
Wasn't death in each of the three cases listed almost instantaneous though? Not in Adrienne's. She didn't jump into a dangerous river either. IMO it's much less likely that this was suicide than a psychotic event. I hope it can be established what triggered it.

Published 12 hours ago
“[SBM]

The family of [Adrienne] Quintal confirmed that her body was found Saturday by a dam about 300-400 yards from the cabin where she went missing back in October.

Missing for more than two months, volunteer search and rescue teams with K9s helped to locate Quintal Saturday along with family members.

An autopsy will be done Sunday to determine the cause of death.

[SBM]”
Missing Southfield woman Adrienne Quintal found dead

So many are found post search in the vicinity where they were. I wonder how close this is to the tree stand she was tracked to.

Wasn't death in each of the three cases listed almost instantaneous though? Not in Adrienne's. She didn't jump into a dangerous river either. IMO it's much less likely that this was suicide than a psychotic event. I hope it can be established what triggered it.
The water that she was found in was not very deep from what I understand, although it is possible that there were deeper areas and she just ended up in a shallow area I guess. I simply don't buy the idea of somebody accidentally drowning in three feet of water.

I find it problematic that Ada's boyfriend was labeled a person of interest (POI) by LE early on, and never backed away. It appears much less likely that he was involved at this point.

If ADA was delusional- I wonder if LE arriving at the cabin drove her deeper into the brush, as she might have thought there were more bad guys arriving.
With a mental degrade issue this is very possible. Also you're probably talking about some scared officer(s) arriving in the dark not knowing what sort of ambush they are going into. It would be interesting to see how they initially worked the report. You can't hold them at any fault, this is a tough situation with some "misinformation" due to the likely mental degradation. This probably doesn't really fit into the Lost Person scenarios as it was likely thought to be an abduction to begin with. Eventually, it became a lost person situation and you'd be within a high probability zone where she was found. I've studied and been trained to a degree on this but just regular tracking would lead you to check dams, tree/logjams, slow eddies etc if you think someone is in water. I hate how this worked out for the SAR and LE folks because they're probably asking themselves questions at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back