TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
MF absolutely could have worked anywhere, IIRC her charges were dismissed, she was never convicted. If she was a convicted felon..she would have still been hired somewhere...but would have been much harder. She got away with the 5k stolen money..
According to her attorney she was innocent, I think he said it came down to video and they could not prove she took the money :rolleyes:

Bet that business is shocked at the murder, but not in disbelief that MF is capable of lying her azz off and pretending to be something she's NOT.

Aha!

Woman Accused of Kidnapping Slain Best Friend and Her Newborn Allegedly 'Wanted' the Baby: Mom

Authorities say Broussard was strangled but no murder charges have been filed in the case.

“She was supposedly Heidi’s friend for a long time,” explains Tammy Broussard. “Heidi had so many friends. Everybody loved her. We thought Magen loved her too. But evidently that wasn’t the case. She wanted Margo, is what she wanted.”

She adds, “But the thing is. I was uneasy with her, and I had [been] from the beginning of her friendship with Heidi.”

Aha!

Woman Accused of Kidnapping Slain Best Friend and Her Newborn Allegedly 'Wanted' the Baby: Mom

Authorities say Broussard was strangled but no murder charges have been filed in the case.

“She was supposedly Heidi’s friend for a long time,” explains Tammy Broussard. “Heidi had so many friends. Everybody loved her. We thought Magen loved her too. But evidently that wasn’t the case. She wanted Margo, is what she wanted.”

She adds, “But the thing is. I was uneasy with her, and I had [been] from the beginning of her friendship with Heidi.”

Oh wow, so mom had bad feelings about MF from the very beginning when they were teenagers.

Okay - gone all day today - and had to skip over 1115 posts from the last thread and just caught up on these 223 ones....

So - until DNA is confirmed - no charges for murder yet. They were supposed to find out today, Monday, right?
BUT!? Is there a court date set yet? I haven't seen anything on here posted as such - so...

And I totally did NOT write down "who" on here can get into the Travis County court records - maybe the DA has set a date & "knows" what the DNA is....

TIA! If someone can help me!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

Last edited:
Tammy Broussard says her daughter Heidi “was always full of life,” and was a bit of a daredevil.

“She always liked to go skydiving,” the grieving mother says. “She tried everything new. We took her to water parks. Me and her went on the highest rides and her daddy was like, ‘I don’t know.’ She loved water. She loved to swim. She loved to go anywhere where they had these rafting places.”

Through her pain, Broussard says she is grappling with how such a horrible thing could have happened to her daughter.

“This is just unreal because to even fathom that a person you thought was your friend to do this — it’s just unfathomable,” Tammy Broussard says. “She was supposed to be my daughter’s friend. We’re trying to make sense of it. Heidi has so many friends and she was supposed to be Heidi’s friend. Who does that to her friend?”

From the same link. I hope we hear more about why Tammy didn't trust MF.

Oh wow, so mom had bad feelings about MF from the very beginning when they were teenagers.

I commented several times I suspected this would be the case. I bet many more shared Tammy’s thoughts.
Tammy probably has a lot to replay in her mind since Baby M was born as reportedly MF spent considerable time with them at Heidi’s apartment. Moo

Okay - gone all day today - and had to skip over 1115 posts from the last thread and just caught up on these 223 ones....

So - until DNA is confirmed - no charges for murder yet. They were supposed to find out today, Monday, right?
BUT!? Is there a court date set yet? I haven't seen anything on here posted as such - so...

And I totally did write down "who" on here can get into the Travis County court records - maybe the DA has set a date & "knows" what the DNA is....

Hi Niner, link below. I think the investigators are still searching for a crime scene, so until that is known probably won't be much happening in additional charges.
https://www.traviscountytx.gov/district-clerk/online-case-information

Aha!

Wow, that's the same think her bestie Caressa said... that she was "uneasy" with Megan and therefore wasn't friends with her. I do hope that her friends and her family AND his family are opening up to each other without fear of repercussion.

Had Heidi went to LA to spend a few days/weeks with her mom & dad when Tammy returned home, then what?
I’m under the impression MF kept in constant contact with Heidi. I wouldn’t be surprised if MF was in the complex lot when Heidi returned home, surprising Heidi at 8ish a.m. Heidi might have raced upstairs for something and right back down to MF’s car.
MF had no time left to surprise her ex boyfriend/current landlord with a baby.
Moo

Hi Niner, link below. I think the investigators are still searching for a crime scene, so until that is known probably won't be much happening in additional charges.
Online Case Information

Thanks for the link Knox - but unfortunately it won't let me access it. I have a few like that - and have other people helping with court dates on other cases I follow here.

Can I put down your name on my notes - to check with you??!! :D TIA!

As her mother says, she wants to have the entire family together for Christmas. I'm not going to even entertain the option which is inferred above at this time. I just want bonding, healing among all, and I think that is what her mom is speaking to.

MOO

Broussard's mother, Tammy Broussard, releases statement regarding her daughter's death:

"The family is overwhelmed with grief. We're getting through as a family. We're blessed with having many of Heidi's friends to help and Austin and Lake Charles community have been wonderful with their support and kindness and we're very grateful to them. Tammy Broussard said that with Christmas coming up, their focus is on spending time with Heidi Broussard's 6-year-old son, who has now lost his mother. "She was very loved and we want to do this as a family with his father, Shane, and Grandfather, Ty, and all the others who loved Heidi," she said."

DNA results could confirm soon if baby found alive belongs to murdered Austin mom

It would be so nice for Margo to be placed with her grandparents. I want that for her, too. But there is still a need to find out the truth and make absolutely sure of it before she is placed anywhere. Stating that doesn't mean I want anything bad for Margo. Fortunately for police and Margo you don't have to entertain anything. Police will continue to investigate and from there decisions will be made.

I have searched high and low and I can't find where authorities confirmed MF planned this alleged kidnapping/murder in advance - did I dream this or does someone have a link handy?

LE have confirmed VERY little vlpate. They haven't even charged her with murder yet. Nothing from LE. We'll know more at prelim type court appearance? The thread is discussing behaviours as to preplanning, that is all at this time.

HTH.

And putting media thread on a reminder/update / subscribe is good to catch up if threads moved too fast since last online?

ETA "MURDER" not kidnapping. old timers error / typo

Last edited:

And I totally did NOT write down "who" on here can get into the Travis County court records - maybe the DA has set a date & "knows" what the DNA is....

this is the only link I know of that can see scheduled dates - but not sure how structured and what type of hearings. Look under Justice
Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member