Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman should be able to leave a bar with 2 strange men & not have any expectation that something bad could happen to them.
You're right a woman should be able to have that expectation. But the world and humans in it have changed, we are no longer safe assuming anyone's motivations or intentions, especially those of someone we don't know. FGS, Heidi Broussard was murdered by a friend she knew since she was 11 years old!! That's the new normal ...

I'm not victim blaming, just pointing out that no one, woman or man, should leave a public place with someone they do not know.

Eloquently said, with all excellent points, Knox!!!
You're right a woman should be able to have that expectation. But the world and humans in it have changed, we are no longer safe assuming anyone's motivations or intentions, especially those of someone we don't know. FGS, Heidi Broussard was murdered by a friend she knew since she was 11 years old!! That's the new normal ...

I'm not victim blaming, just pointing out that no one, woman or man, should leave a public place with someone they do not know.

Bank account has not been used. Do they mean credit card or ATM use? Either one might be a good thing. Since went with the 2 men willingly, I'm not too concerned.

No banking activity is one of the best indicators of foul play. Also any activity that suddenly stops. As an example the daily Starbucks purchase that stops. Or the social media posts that stop. The daily phone calls or texts etc.

According to employees of Tin Roof, investigators with the Birmingham Police Department came to the location to obtain surveillance images from the bar. Williams said if detectives are able to obtain surveillance images from the area, there are several things they will consider before releasing the video.

“When you have a case like that, especially with video, you have to run it past the DA’s office, because if you have to use it at trial, you have to make sure you haven’t jeopardized the case in any way,” said Williams.

Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

The Birmingham Police Department is the lead investigating agency in the case. The Trussville Police Department has offered assistance if needed.

“It depends upon how the investigation unfolds, whether or not our investigators will collaborate with other departments,” Williams said.
Family of missing Trussville woman hoping for ‘Christmas miracle’

The family of Houston had plans to meet with detectives Monday. They have been advised not to release information on the investigation to the media but they did say they are doing all they can to find her.

“We just need a Christmas miracle,” said Charlaine Houston, Paighton’s mother. “Everyone loves Paighton. She has always kept in touch with us or her really close friend. We just want to find her.”

The family wants to keep Houston’s photo in the public eye so that everyone will know to be looking for her.

If there is anyone who has information pertaining to the whereabouts of Paighton Laine Houston, please contact the Birmingham Police Department at 205-297–8413 or 911. If you have additional information on this investigation, contact Crime Stoppers (205) 254-7777.

80022917_558417638041179_2233926633700458496_n-300x169.jpg

81219677_749987968830977_5130281797338267648_n-300x169.jpg

79906866_453873645504680_4068496595354648576_n-300x169.jpg

79863856_591113071719927_3993819599547138048_n-300x169.jpg

No banking activity is one of the best indicators of foul play. Also any activity that suddenly stops. As an example the daily Starbucks purchase that stops. Or the social media posts that stop. The daily phone calls or texts etc.
Sadly, you’re right. I think it’s fair to say that a majority of past cases tell us the radio silence is never a good sign for the victim. MOO.

Welcome dbama1, I agree especially with no activity on her bank account or phone. Do you know the family or are you local?
I just don't see how no bank activity over a day or two would be of concern.

I guess you are right. Lets just tell all young women not to worry about the consequences of making stupid decisions. I'm sure that'll work out well.

People of all ages....MEN and women....are crime victims under all kinds of circumstances. Maybe you need to educate yourself about that.

You're also being cruel, so I'd drop it if I were you.

According to employees of Tin Roof, investigators with the Birmingham Police Department came to the location to obtain surveillance images from the bar. Williams said if detectives are able to obtain surveillance images from the area, there are several things they will consider before releasing the video.

When you have a case like that, especially with video, you have to run it past the DA’s office, because if you have to use it at trial, you have to make sure you haven’t jeopardized the case in any way,” said Williams.

Houston sent a text message to a friend just after midnight on Friday stating, “idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

The Birmingham Police Department is the lead investigating agency in the case. The Trussville Police Department has offered assistance if needed.

“It depends upon how the investigation unfolds, whether or not our investigators will collaborate with other departments,” Williams said.

BBM- Sounds like LE does have video and has an idea who she left with. Otherwise, I do think any video would be released like in the Cupcake case early on. My heart breaks for her and her family.

There's no reason to be so rude about it. I'm 25 and I definitely would not get in a car with two guys I don't know. However, Paighton very well could've been drugged or something of the like, and it's not our place to judge her regardless. I hope she comes out safe and wiser from the situation.
At that age I probably would have gotten in the car if I thought that they were nice. But I have autism and generally I have a terrible sense of knowing who is or not a good person & what their intentions are.

As with several others, I'm reminded a bit of Savannah Spurlock here, though her case had some distinctive details. I'm also reminded of some of the commentary that went along with that case and, it seems, many others that feature young female victims.

Viridiana Arevalo was murdered by her brother. As @Knox reminds us, Heidi Broussard was likely kidnapped and murdered by her friend of some 20 years, but few among us would now look beady-eyed at every old friend with that case in mind. I feel like we don't have the info in this case to make definitive claims about what may or may not have happened -- let alone to make judgement about the character of the missing person.

No electronic footprint by this point is worrying for sure.

Last edited:
As with several others, I'm reminded a bit of Savannah Spurlock here, though her case had some distinctive details. I'm also reminded of some of the commentary that went along with that case and, it seems, many others that feature young female victims.

Viridiana Arevalo was murdered by her brother. As @Knox reminds us, Heidi Broussard was likely kidnapped and murdered by her friend of some 20 years, but few among us would now look beady-eyed at every old friend with that case in mind. I feel like we don't have the info in this case to make definitive claims about what may or may not have happened -- let alone to make judgement about the character of the missing person.

No electronic footprint by this point is worrying for sure.
Thanks for the reminder scapa. I want to make sure posters don't think I was victim blaming or shaming, I'm merely saying it's not safe for a man or a woman to to leave a public place with strangers. I'm worried about Paighton and want nothing more than for her to contact her family and say she's safe!!

I also wanted to comment about the concern her sister shared on her fb page today, and I quote she said "this is not like her". I took that to mean, Paighton would not turn off her phone and not get in contact with family or friends. The prior history someone shared is not what I'm worried about. The text message she sent is highly concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff