Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the proceedings of church discipline are considered private and under clergy type privilege. This means the church itself will never verify to news or anyone else what the someone's status in the church is because of that privacy. Because the Daily Mail article stating that Chad was excommunicated this fall gives absolutely no reason to back that up, and they have another error, I'm not sure how far I trust that. This researcher Rosetti that they seem to refer to a great deal already did get facts wrong.

MOO: I think Daybell has been excommunicated and he would not be the first in that particular group of extremists to have that occur. However, I would consider this information interesting but not complete fact until it's confirmed. Regardless, it's neither here nor there when it comes to the kids. It can only speak to his mindset and that's about all.

My understanding that the move to Idaho was very recent so Tylee maybe didn't have any local friends there yet.
The move must have happened over the summer, after JJ's father's death. Did Tylee keep in touch with any of her old school friends via social media? Was she homeschooled in Arizona, too?

Maybe some more seasoned WebSleuthers can tell me - at this stage in the investigation, will LE be tracking the children’s online activity?

The question of whether Tylee said any kind of goodbye to her friends is really good - if she knew she was being secreted to a compound somewhere, it looks she had friends online, even if not local (seems like Lori moves a lot), she’d have wanted to say farewell to - even if not explicitly. This is assuming Lori’s induction into the cult involved the kids, which I suppose is the best case scenario at this point :(

Okay, this is probably a question for our attorney friends here, but here goes.

The lawyer who released the statement proclaiming Lori & Chad's virtues, knowing that there are minor children who are unaccounted for, does the lawyer have a duty of care to produce the children, even if he or she may not think they are in danger?

As I was typing that super convoluted thought, this occurred to me: What is the lawyer is also one of the cult followers?

Does anyone know if Daybell ever collaborated with Julie Rowe
She was excommunicated from LDS this year
ETA
Just found out he published her books
They are close friends - however, I was told that we cannot sleuth into people in positions like Rowe because they are not the topic of the investigation.

Maybe some more seasoned WebSleuthers can tell me - at this stage in the investigation, will LE be tracking the children’s online activity?

The question of whether Tylee said any kind of goodbye to her friends is really good - if she knew she was being secreted to a compound somewhere, it looks she had friends online, even if not local (seems like Lori moves a lot), she’d have wanted to say farewell to - even if not explicitly. This is assuming Lori’s induction into the cult involved the kids, which I suppose is the best case scenario at this point :(

I was going to post about the same thing. I wonder if Tyler was aware that she and her brother were going underground and why. And did she mention anything to any friends even in a sort of coded way? Or were they taken away (or worse) with no warning?
Just thinking out loud and MOO.

Okay, this is probably a question for our attorney friends here, but here goes.

The lawyer who released the statement proclaiming Lori & Chad's virtues, knowing that there are minor children who are unaccounted for, does the lawyer have a duty of care to produce the children, even if he or she may not think they are in danger?

As I was typing that super convoluted thought, this occurred to me: What is the lawyer is also one of the cult followers?
It would indeed be interesting to know who some of his clients are and how his retainer was paid.

I was going to post about the same thing. I wonder if Tyler was aware that she and her brother were going underground and why. And did she mention anything to any friends even in a sort of coded way? Or were they taken away (or worse) with no warning?
Just thinking out loud and MOO.
It's not clear which underground they went under. They might actually be under the ground for all I know. I am not convinced at all they are still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member