SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Let’s update with some new information:

My dad was convicted for drugs, I believe cannabis, in 1996 when Liam was born and that is the last known drug conviction my dad had since.
My dad has a past with drug use/supply and demand up until us children were born.

As for then I am not aware of my dad being on the end of supply and demand for drugs, BUT that’s not to say I just didn’t know, however;

My dad has a paint shop that done well, and still continue to do so as other than my work I’d have no way of being able to afford to look after myself brother and a 3 bedroom rented house.
We went on holiday once a year, had food on the table and a roof over our heads, my dad drove an Audi nothing worth more than £8000 so I’ve been told, and we have nothing here to suggest any worth. No designer clothes, watches/ jewellery, our house is not richly furnished.
In fact very little investment to show we lived any kind of plush drug fuelled existence.

It seems dad had some debt, we have collectors coming to us but nothing in the tens of thousands, so nothing huge in the grand scheme of things, but the point is, debt in which would not resonate with a person who was selling drugs.

For Christmas we didn’t have lots of money. Us children weren’t spoilt at all.

That’s not to say that drugs wasn’t a motivation for their trip/disappearance.
What I am saying is that I’m not aware of this life being Fuelled by drugs at all. We lived a fairly normal life in which I would say was no more fuelled than by profit from his paint works business.

Only other conviction of his in my life time would be GBH and not relevant to the investigation, IF you would even consider his last conviction is relevant to now anyway.

I think we are all in agreement that there is a likely hood for a criminal element/motivation for their trip and disappearance.
However,
We can not sit here and say for sure when we have 0 evidence to show that it was.
We could make up a story based on this theory. But the problem with this puzzle is that there is too many missing pieces.

Police have statements, all to the lead up with more information than what I have said on a PUBLIC forum.
I believe some things should be kept for their safety and my own, some bits I would say are significant but the problem being is there again is no evidence to suggest it is.

I hope that this helps. I’m not justifying, But as an admin had said above, I have added relevant history to be considered.

Thank you for the clear up of this thread and keeping me safe x
Checking in on this thread, and been reading last 3 weeks posts .
Bottom line is these 2 guys are missing and close family are struggling to cope with their disappearance and all that goes with it .
Imoo , the 'headline' gleamed from an interview with folk who are family in name only , is shameful behaviour and irresponsible media and reporting .
LP , you should not have to deal with this , but your strength is testament to those role models you are trying to find .
Best wishes to you and know people are wishing you well . Much love

Being that I live in the same town as the Pooles in the UK, I have followed this story on facebook/in the news, but wasn't aware of Websleuths until recently. I have spent some time scrolling through this today, there's lots more information here from Lauryn than I have seen anywhere else. Anyway, babbling aside, I often think of these two missing men, and notice this thread has been quiet for a few weeks - Any more news?

Welcome Jayzcee (though have seen you on Anthony's thread!)

No news as far as we know, hopefully @Laurynpoole will update us when she can. It's often the case when something happens abroad that we don't hear much at all. Lauryn has an extra barrier, as well as a language barrier, between her and the Spanish police investigating the case.

Surely for sake of this heartbroken family there cannot be a language barrier in a case like this..... interpreters or translaters surely should be involved .. every step of the way . But im sure like above any news would be updated wen they can and wen they feel to .

Thanks @CoverMeCagney

I can't begin to imagine how horrendous this situation is for anyone, let alone when someone is missing abroad - Makes the family so much more limited on what they can do. I keep feeling surprised that I have heard so little about it locally, but then I suppose why would I. If they were missing in/from Burgess Hill, it would be quite another matter.

One thing that has been bothering me all night is the car - So if I understand it correctly, was found in a decent condition parked in a street? Is there any further information on the street? Like, was it a promenade of shops, was it a residential street etc. And were any of their belongings or anything in the car?

Thanks @CoverMeCagney
One thing that has been bothering me all night is the car - So if I understand it correctly, was found in a decent condition parked in a street? Is there any further information on the street? Like, was it a promenade of shops, was it a residential street etc. And were any of their belongings or anything in the car?
I wasn't paying close attention and missed this news about the car: that's huge news.

When my brain is presented with a puzzle, it wants to solve it. My first instinct is to ask the question, what sequence of events would result in that particular piece of evidence? While in theory anything is possible, in reality people do things for practical and predictable reasons. (This is just to preface that I'm not so much thinking of these 2 individuals, as of a situation that would apply to anyone.)

I think the mostly likely situation is that the car was left there by Daniel and Liam, and someone picked them up. And I speculate the purpose was to disguise from the resort cameras, what vehicle they really left in.
My reasoning is, why would they leave the car there otherwise? They'd be stranded without a ride. Why would someone else go to the trouble of returning the car there? They'd need a backup car to take them away, and potentially leave forensics on the car. Leaving the car there IMO, wasn't about hiding the car, someone could have noticed it there at anytime. IMO it was about hiding who they went with. Also, their having disappeared is more consistent with someone else controlling them, and someone else not having to get rid of their car.

I wasn't paying close attention and missed this news about the car: that's huge news.

When my brain is presented with a puzzle, it wants to solve it. My first instinct is to ask the question, what sequence of events would result in that particular piece of evidence? While in theory anything is possible, in reality people do things for practical and predictable reasons. (This is just to preface that I'm not so much thinking of these 2 individuals, as of a situation that would apply to anyone.)

I think the mostly likely situation is that the car was left there by Daniel and Liam, and someone picked them up. And I speculate the purpose was to disguise from the resort cameras, what vehicle they really left in.
My reasoning is, why would they leave the car there otherwise? They'd be stranded without a ride. Why would someone else go to the trouble of returning the car there? They'd need a backup car to take them away, and potentially leave forensics on the car. Leaving the car there IMO, wasn't about hiding the car, someone could have noticed it there at anytime. IMO it was about hiding who they went with. Also, their having disappeared is more consistent with someone else controlling them, and someone else not having to get rid of their car.

Agreed I think It would have been Daniel and Liam that left the car - And this is why I was wondering if there was more information on where - If it is in a residential street then there's a possibility that they went to someone's house there - One would assume LE had investigated that route, and performed all the necessary door knocking/questioning. If it's near bars, they could have met someone, etc etc, and you'd hope flyers had been sent to every business along there to try and refresh someones memory.

I personally think that potentially this bit of information could really help in considering a world of possibilities. When I had originally heard the car had been found, I assumed it had been abandoned somewhere remote, it wasn't until I read this and realised it had simply been parked up on a street - Like they're planning on coming back to it. Of course it could be a way to make it look like they were coming back to it to buy them some time, but I don't buy that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back