TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself wondering if somehow MF got HB to Houston, killing her there. It would have been much safer than driving with a corpse, imo.
I understand there’s a lot of reasons this seems unlikely......no car seat, Heidi had plans to grocery shop, didn’t let SC know she was with MF, etc. but I wonder if once Heidi was in the car if maybe MF was to get her phone & turn it off, then drive away on the pretense of a quick round trip to see MF’s baby. Once there, MF had opportunity to overpower her either in or just outside the car & quickly rush Margo inside. Do we know for a fact MF’s car did not have a car seat?
all moo
I don't see how a 5 hour round trip from Austin to Houston would be a quick round trip.

Unless your saying that Heidi was told that MF's baby was somewhere closer than MF's home in Houston. Where would that be?

I don't see how a 5 hour round trip from Austin to Houston would be a quick round trip.

Unless your saying that Heidi was told that MF's baby was somewhere closer than MF's home in Houston. Where would that be?

I know, so take that part out. If she somehow got Heidi’s phone & turned it off and kept driving, heading for Houston, idk how Heidi could have stopped her.

(editing previous post to remove the quick trip theory)

I know, so take that part out. If she somehow got Heidi’s phone & turned it off and kept driving, heading for Houston, idk how Heidi could have stopped her.

(editing previous post to remove the quick trip theory)
I guess if MF had a gun pointed at Heidi that may have worked.

Otherwise I'm sure that Heidi would be screaming for help from inside of the car. That would cause a lot of attention to the situation . JMO

Otherwise I'm sure that Heidi would be screaming for help from inside of the car. That would cause a lot of attention to the situation . JMO

Or trying to make sense of what was going on with her friend. Idk how much attention screaming in a car would cause. I rarely look at other cars if I’m stopped or passing, on the occasion I do, there seems to always be someone dancing & singing (I guess) in their seat.
Moo

maybe try searching the forum for the word mushroom and something will come up? there can't be too many posts with that word in it.
Posts get removed so that's no guarantee it hasn't been posted/discussed.

Anyway, I found it frightening, and maybe worth sleuthing, her possible work with children in a private home. That's really the point.

Or she may have gone willingly at first but there are so many remote areas around Austin that her willingness may have ended at some cutoff onto a backroad. Screaming then would get her put in the trunk.

Or she may have gone willingly at first but there are so many remote areas around Austin that her willingness may have ended at some cutoff onto a backroad. Screaming then would get her put in the trunk.

yeah and I have an idea MF is well aware of all back routes, she made the trip often enough.

so much about this case we will never know. MF is the only one that can speak to what actually took place.
Moo

Wouldn't be easy to drive for 2 1/2 hours with a gun pointed at a passenger. The passenger could snatch the gun but this did'nt happen. Or there was a 3rd adult in the car or HB was killed very soon after her kidnapping.

I don’t think a gun was involved. I think MF was in the apartment parking lot when Heidi returned from school & MF was able to get Heidi to drive with her, to some destination Heidi agreed to. As I said above, I doubt we will ever know what took place. Even if MF talks, we have no reason to believe her. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she ends up pleading guilty to avoid trial. Of course she might come up with some absurd story casting blame elsewhere. Moo

Or trying to make sense of what was going on with her friend. Idk how much attention screaming in a car would cause. I rarely look at other cars if I’m stopped or passing, on the occasion I do, there seems to always be someone dancing & singing (I guess) in their seat.
Moo

Agree, although since this case I've been a little more observant. I am typically listening to a podcast and trying to watch for the people in this town texting and trying to kill me - seriously - if you're in Austin, your defensive driving skills need to be top notch, so I'm not usually studying the car next to me. Except the lady that eats a bowl of soup on her way to work every day - I do watch her :).

I think if HB had been killed in the car and appeared to be asleep it would be unlikely to look unusual to someone on the highways MF would have taken to Houston - so even if she were in the car and not the trunk the whole way it might not have attracted much attention, especially if there were one of those baby sunshades on the window, which really block the view of a car's interior, or darkly tinted windows.

I find myself wondering if somehow MF got HB to Houston, killing her there. It would have been much safer than driving with a corpse, imo.
I understand there’s a lot of reasons this seems unlikely......no car seat, Heidi had plans to grocery shop, didn’t let SC know she was with MF, etc. but I wonder if once Heidi was in the car if maybe MF was to get her phone & turn it off, then drive to Houston. Once there, MF maybe had opportunity to overpower her either in or just outside the car & quickly rush Margo inside. Do we know for a fact MF’s car did not have a car seat?
all moo

Even if she had a carseat, it's unlikely Heidi would still believe it's a quick trip somewhere after an hour of driving away from her home. I doubt she'd sit quietly all the way to Houston - unless maybe she drugged her. JMO

Agree, although since this case I've been a little more observant. I am typically listening to a podcast and trying to watch for the people in this town texting and trying to kill me - seriously - if you're in Austin, your defensive driving skills need to be top notch, so I'm not usually studying the car next to me. Except the lady that eats a bowl of soup on her way to work every day - I do watch her :).

I think if HB had been killed in the car and appeared to be asleep it would be unlikely to look unusual to someone on the highways MF would have taken to Houston - so even if she were in the car and not the trunk the whole way it might not have attracted much attention, especially if there were one of those baby sunshades on the window, which really block the view of a car's interior, or darkly tinted windows.
I was going to say, drivers in Austin traffic scream so much you don't notice.

Even if she had a carseat, it's unlikely Heidi would still believe it's a quick trip somewhere after an hour of driving away from her home. I doubt she'd sit quietly all the way to Houston - unless maybe she drugged her. JMO

idk what I’d do in that situation if I had a newborn in the backseat. Otherwise, I’d bail, I think.
If MF stayed in the right lane, few cars would have direct vision to a passenger, imo. Plus, they’d be going fast if on the interstate. Around here, people are busy while driving, lol, texting, eating, talking, applying make up, etc.
moo

Last edited:
idk what I’d do in that situation if I had a newborn in the backseat. Otherwise, I’d bail, I think.
If MF stayed on the right lane, few cars would have direct vision to a passenger, imo. Plus, they’d be going fast if on the interstate. Around here, people are busy while driving, lol, texting, eating, talking, applying make up, etc.
moo

Good point about the right lane - although to take the ever-important tolls on 71, she'd need to be in the left lane between I35 and Bastrop. But I agree - I don't think it's likely anyone would see anything - I drove that route yesterday for a Christmas gathering and couldn't tell you anything about any of the cars we traveled with.

Good point about the right lane - although to take the ever-important tolls on 71, she'd need to be in the left lane between I35 and Bastrop. But I agree - I don't think it's likely anyone would see anything - I drove that route yesterday for a Christmas gathering and couldn't tell you anything about any of the cars we traveled with.

so if MF did take the 71 tolls, she is def’ on camera, correct?

Wow, had no idea there were tolls now, I go to Austin from SA. So there is a possibility she would be on camera going through.

BBM
Quite possible MF heavily drugged HB, pulled over in some remote area and did the nasty deed. I don't know how exactly she got HB into the trunk but the way hatchbacks and car seats fold down these days it's not a stretch to think she slid her back there and then put seats back in proper position concealing her in the trunk. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member