OR OR - Pem Michelle Yates-Briggs, 15, Portland, 1970s

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
From this links, I open the missing thread and post the info on this missing girl, mentioned in several threads on the forum; unfortunately there are very few info and if the moderators think it is not appropriate to put it on the forum, remove it.

http://www.voy.com/48081/2802.html

Last seen my half sister Pem Michelle Briggs in Portland, Oregon. Our mothers name is Barbara Cecile Briggs, and our brothers name is Denman E. Wehrli. Pems last known whereabouts was in California. She left home when she was 16 yrs old, and we have never heard from her since. Her name on her birth cert. was Pem Michelle Yates, and she was born in Norfolk, Virginia, May 31,1963, her father was noy the man that signed her birth cert. but the father on her birth certificate name was J. Yates i believe, he in the service in Norfolk, Virginia at the time. Pems biological father was in California. She went to middle school in Post, Oregon under the name Pem M. Wehrli and in high school in Hood River, Oregon, and may have ended up in Goldendale, Washington trying to relocate us. I have been searching all these years, thru the internet, and Troy the locator even attempted to locate her without any luck. i have found five other family members in my search for my sister, including two half brothers that were adopted 50+ years ago...but not a trace of my sister has came up. if any of these names ring a bell, please contact me, i remember her, she loved me...and she is dearly missed.

Memories

http://hoodrivervalleyhighschool.org/alumni/2205284/pem-wehrli.html

http://www.zabasearch.com/messages/zaba_messages_thread.php?fid=1206985

I am searching for my daughter. She was 15 when I last saw her in Portland, Ore. She would be 47 now. Her birthday is March 31, 1963. I last heard from her a few days after she left she was at a police station in Calif. and they needed to know if she had my permission to be across state line. That was the last communication we had. I was moving at the time of this to Goldendale,Wa. and had no address to give her and she was headed for somewhere in calif. and had no address either. I know alot of time has passed and I am not to knowledgeable with computers. But I need to find you Pem. Please send me an answer. Please let this be you. I love you Please come home.I have changed my name many years ago to Bo Bradbury, and not because I didn\\\'t want you to find me but because I always hated my name. It reminded me of my dad. my given name is Barbara Cecile Briggs. You were born in Norfolk, Va.The name on your birth certificate is Pem Yates. Please contact me

cache.php

cache.php

In this case there are various controversial information; Pem's mom says she disappeared in 1977, but she may have disappeared even later between 31-Mar-1979 to 30-Mar-1980 as we say in this thread at post number 2455

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-WhtFem-91UFTX-14-16-Nov-80-*GRAPHIC*/page164

Also the age is uncertain; I have based my mother's poster even if there is a picture that shows her in 1978.

Has your mother submitted DNA so it can be compared to any Does?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Has your mother submitted DNA so it can be compared to any Does?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do not believe, this case not yet in Namus and Doe network databases.

VERY late but. What are the chances that she could be Walker County Jane Doe? They look pretty similar and the circumstances match up as well...
I was thinking the same thing, a lot of their features match and I think it wouldn't hurt to submit her as a possibility :)

I apologize but, I'm quite new at this and I'm not sure where to submit it. I did try for the Doe network and they need to have a page for the missing person to report a potential match, which they don't for Yates-Briggs. The DNA Doe Project seems to already be testing a potential match for WCJD, which makes it impossible to submit another seperate potential match. Thank you. :)

I apologize but, I'm quite new at this and I'm not sure where to submit it. I did try for the Doe network and they need to have a page for the missing person to report a potential match, which they don't for Yates-Briggs. The DNA Doe Project seems to already be testing a potential match for WCJD, which makes it impossible to submit another seperate potential match. Thank you. :)
There was a post by the DDP from 2018 on their Facebook that mentioned that WCJD had been submitted as a case to be considered (probably by the public), but they will need law enforcement to contact them in order for her case to be taken. You could submit it to the Walker County Sherriff's department or maybe the Help ID organisation.

Thank you for the response! I submitted it to "Help ID Me" on Facebook and they responded with "Thank you for the tip." I'm working on getting it to the Walker County Sheriff's Department, it seems everytime I try to access their website, it gives me a 403 Forbidden error. I'm gonna find a way, though.

Thank you for the response! I submitted it to "Help ID Me" on Facebook and they responded with "Thank you for the tip." I'm working on getting it to the Walker County Sheriff's Department, it seems everytime I try to access their website, it gives me a 403 Forbidden error. I'm gonna find a way, though.
Same here, maybe their website is broken?? I'm not tech-savvy so I wouldn't know, but since you submitted it to HelpID Me on Facebook, perhaps you could message the WC Sheriffs Office on Facebook too? Looking through their posts they have posts about Jane Doe (from Lost In Texas) Walker County Sheriffs Ofc - Huntsville, Texas - Police Station, Government Organization | Facebook

Arroyo Grande Jane Doe might be another idea. The decedent was presumed to be 17 or 18 years old in 1980, and your half sister would have been 18 in 1980.

Arroyo Grande Jane Doe might be another idea. The decedent was presumed to be 17 or 18 years old in 1980, and your half sister would have been 18 in 1980.
I think there could be a match, but personally I don't see a distinct resemblance between Pem and AGJD. It could just be that there appears to only be one picture of Pem availible, but comparing them, the noses, eyebrows and face shape don't match

That is the only picture of her I have found as well, even though I've done some intensive research. I don't really think she's AGJD, but then again, we can never be sure.. Until now, there have been no updates. I've been unable to contact the Walker County Sheriff's office since I can't call them, and they have no other way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back