Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all did better than I. I couldn’t even listen to it. I lost patience when he kept messing around and wouldn’t get started with the info. It was so aggravating, I Xed out of it and didn’t hear any of it.
I would never have made it if I didn’t have a long drive ahead of me... whew annoying it was. Unfortunately so much was shared I had to Re-listen because I couldn’t keep it straight! Crazy crazy case.

First of all, where are JJ and Tylee?

Boy, do the bodies stack up around these people. How have they gotten away with so many deaths? Are the police that inept?

Chad would do well to remember as husband #5 what happened to the 4 before him. And be very afraid. JMHO

I would never have made it if I didn’t have a long drive ahead of me... whew annoying it was. Unfortunately so much was shared I had to Re-listen because I couldn’t keep it straight! Crazy crazy case.
Thanks for doing it, even if you were a captive audience with the driving.

I will continue to dig more and try to figure this out. I was trying to figure out if any of his podcasts were archived anyplace as I was curious if he shared different written materials with his podcast participants vs the more mainstream fiction writings? It also wasn't totally clear if what Chad was writing as "fiction" really was "fiction" in his mind or the mind of any of his followers? On the GH podcast last night the comment was made about how Lori became 'enamoured' with Chad's teachings. I was trying to figure out if this meant Chad's books of "fiction" or whether Lori was reading something else written by Chad that isn't public? I'm still confused on the topic of Chad and his 'teachings' and whether he had any disciples in real life or if they were just people that subscribed to his podcast?

I think I've seen at least 5 references too to "dangerous cult" in MSM and this is being said so far as I can tell without attribution to any source documents that might discuss some of the Chad teachings. I'm not saying this to in any way defend Chad and his teachings, I'm just trying to better understand what his teachings involved and why precisely he was excommunicated and why he was deemed to be part of a 'dangerous cult'.

Preparing A People Podcast Network Listennotes.com This was the most helpful site for listening to old episodes of the podcast that I found. Time to Warrior Up has Lori speaking on it, but not alot. She does admit to wanting to kill someone who wronged her on episode 2 though. They had 2 episodes with Chad, episode 6 and 7. I was able to listen to 7 yesterday, but I just checked and its been deleted. In episode 7 Chad discussed the vision he had about the end times and he was speaking very literally. Sorry I should have checked this before I posted, episode 2 with Lori will not play.

Last edited:
I will continue to dig more and try to figure this out. I was trying to figure out if any of his podcasts were archived anyplace as I was curious if he shared different written materials with his podcast participants vs the more mainstream fiction writings? It also wasn't totally clear if what Chad was writing as "fiction" really was "fiction" in his mind or the mind of any of his followers? On the GH podcast last night the comment was made about how Lori became 'enamoured' with Chad's teachings. I was trying to figure out if this meant Chad's books of "fiction" or whether Lori was reading something else written by Chad that isn't public? I'm still confused on the topic of Chad and his 'teachings' and whether he had any disciples in real life or if they were just people that subscribed to his podcast?

I think I've seen at least 5 references too to "dangerous cult" in MSM and this is being said so far as I can tell without attribution to any source documents that might discuss some of the Chad teachings. I'm not saying this to in any way defend Chad and his teachings, I'm just trying to better understand what his teachings involved and why precisely he was excommunicated and why he was deemed to be part of a 'dangerous cult'.

Here is the Statement from the "Preparing A People" website about the situation with Chad and Lori:

https://www.preparingapeople.com

Statement:

Statement on Recent News Events

December, 26, 2019

We are a small multi-media company (Color My Media) that has provided services to a variety of clients for about 7 years. "Preparing A People" was a series of lecture events focusing on self-reliance and personal preparation, that provided several LDS speakers and authors an educational forum. Associated with these events were podcasts, videos and websites used to advertise and distribute some of their content.

Chad Daybell was an author and began publishing books under the name of "Spring Creek Book Company." He spoke at some of the "Preparing A People" events, but had no ownership in it, nor was he a founder. Mr. Daybell was simply one of many speakers at the events. His last speaking engagement was back in February of 2019, in Boise, Idaho. Like all of our speakers, we helped promote the events by interviewing and podcasting interviews with our speakers, including, but in no way exclusively so, Mr. Daybell.

The majority of our work in 2019 has been contract video editing work for other companies, and had nothing to do with Mr. Daybell.

We decided in early Spring of 2019 to close out our Preparing A People commitments and moved back to Utah from Rexburg, Idaho to work with clients based in the Utah area. None of this had anything to do with Mr.Daybell.

While out of the country on a family trip, we were deeply saddened to learn of the sudden death of Tammy Daybell, the wife of Mr. Daybell.

We, Michael and Nancy James, own Color My Media, and the Preparing A People website and again, for clarity, Mr. Daybell had no ownership or founding interest in any of our business's.

We were shocked by the reports about Mr. Daybell and the missing children. Like everyone, we are deeply disturbed over media reports involving Mr. Daybell and his new wife Lori Vallow and her 2 missing children. Lori Vallow appeared on some podcasts submitted by our podcast network partners. We learned of the missing children Fri. Dec. 20, 2019. along with everyone else.

In light of concerning media reports and ongoing criminal investigations regarding the recent death of Lori Vallow's previous husband in Arizona, and the sudden death of Mr. Daybell's previous wife in Idaho, along with the unknown whereabouts of Chad and Lori, we feel it inappropriate to promote any media content that featured or contained references to either Chad Daybell or Lori Vallow.

We are cooperating with law enforcement, and ask anybody who has information that could assist investigators in Arizona or Idaho to please contact them. We ask for prayers on behalf of the missing kids and ask that the truth of whatever happened will be brought to light soon.

We are also amazed at the lack of journalistic standards by several news sources. "Preparing A People" is part of a media company that films speakers on a variety of topics not affiliated with any specific religion. It is not a "group" and is not a "Cult" or something you join, but has educational lecture events that can be attended or watched on video. We have provided multi-media services for a wide variety of other events and clients. Mr. Daybell did not start, own or control any part of our media company. He was also not paid to speak at our events. We also do not share any of Chad Daybell's or Lori Vallow's beliefs if they are contrary to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Michael & Nancy James

Color My Media & Preparing A People

Preparing A People Podcast Network Listennotes.com This was the most helpful site for listening to old episodes of the podcast that I found. Time to Warrior Up has Lori speaking on it, but not alot. She does admit to wanting to kill someone who wronged her on episode 2 though. They had 2 episodes with Chad, episode 6 and 7. I was able to listen to 7 yesterday, but I just checked and its been deleted. In episode 7 Chad discussed the vision he had about the end times and he was speaking very literally. Sorry I should have checked this before I posted, episode 2 with Lori will not play.
Yes, sadly the episodes you mention are no longer available.

I wonder if they have since been 'repackaged' as 'bonus episodes' on some other platform for the faithful followers?

All of this is just my opinion

His "fiction" is based on his dreams (or visions) that derive from what he claims is a near-death experience (NDE) back in like 2002. But these are not merely dreams to him. He views himself as a modern day prophet. As such, some of those "prophecies" almost certainly include some sort of effort by outsiders (i.e. the government) to keep people from knowing "the truth" of the coming "end times". Such prophecies are being fulfilled in the eyes of some of his true believers by law enforcement trying to track him down.

This is the kind of stuff that makes a person like him - and especially some of his followers - dangerous beyond all get out. Though it is not so much him, as most charismatics are gutless, but one or more followers that are more likely to cause or create some tragic incident.

Some catalyst, in line with his vision of the sequence of events related to end times, occurred at or around September 23rd or 24th.

I totally don't get the attraction to Chad from Lori so I thought maybe the purpose was it.
Yea, Chad doesn't look like a particularly attractive man. But it sounds like Lori, some years ago, became obsessed with Chad's books about the end of the world. Then presumably at some point they met and I guess to her he was like a rock star to a teenage girl.

What a complex case! I have done my due diligence catching up by watching the YT videos and reading the threads.
Sadly, I do not think these children will be found alive. My opinion is that Alex killed the children at the request of Lori.
I do have some questions.

Who are the parents of Melani and who did Melani marry? Is Melani also missing? (I got confused by her role in all of this).

Also, what exactly happened when LE first went to check on the welfare of JJ. Doesn't LE leaving without knowing his welfare kind of go against the whole point of the welfare check?

Ok, did anyone listen to this and summarize? I have tried to catch up on all the posts but in a weird way and may have missed it.

I was driving for a while today and listened. Sure wish this video went faster....also, I am sure I missed comments or something as Gray kept referring to them. Some of my takeaways, as its been a few hours since listening.

Gray read some communication he had with an insider, a female family I believe insider.

Some things I will bullet and use my own words and Gray's as well.

1. Tylee wasn't into all the beliefs that her mom was
2. Lori (Lolo) and Chad were having an affair
3. Chad raised or started an insurance policy on Tammy 9 months before she died.
4. For some reason, Lori got 75K insurance money from Tylee's Father, Joseph Ryan.
5. Lori was a hairdresser and met Charles that way
6. Brandon was shot at in his driveway by someone driving Tylee's jeep. FBI got involved then.
7. Whoever this person is on Gray's show, they say they went to police earlier, they sent email, called, etc and they never called them back. Chandler police detective didn't do their job and if they would have been taken seriously then Tammy would still be alive. We told the detective that Lori was telling everyone that Charles needs to die. Charles sent messages to this person saying that he believed "they" are going to kill me. 2 weeks later he dies.
8. Brandon was divorced after this attempt and ex-wife did not even fight for kids. she remarried shortly after as well.
9. Gray calls these mysterious deaths like a cleansing of sorts for the cult.
10. He believes Alex killed Charles and possibly Joe Ryan and Alex attempted to kill Brandon, and possibly Chad killed Tammy and Alex.
11. Says Lori and Chad got married in Hawaii.
12. Lori and Charles fled to Hawaii when Joe Ryan was getting too close to getting custody.
13. Lori married nelson from Rialto CA loser gang member right out of high school.
14. #2 lasted three years, loser, wanted to be taken care of
15. Lori was a hairdresser and met Joe and married him. Lori wanted a divorce three years later because he didn't make enough money and made up terrible lies about Joe Ryan molesting her son.
16. Knew Charles from being a hairdresser and knew he had money, went after him
17. moved to az, then wanted to move to HI after Tylee realized that Joe was not a bad person after all and that her mom had lied about everything. So Lori wanted to move to HI.
18. Too expensive in HI and in 2016 she started to go see Chad and his crazy weekend getaways.
19. Joseph never had custody of Tylee.
20. Charles changed his insurance policy and Lori got nothing from him. She THOUGHT she was going to get 2 mil from Charles.
21. Alex is thought to have taken several dogs to the desert to die. Even took one of Brandons dogs when he was out of town. Some of Lori's as well when she was done with them. The hope is that is not what he did with the kids.
22. There is video of the car that shot at Brandon.
23. Police have the jeep, and the footage. Tylee's jeep.
24. Lori was looking at wedding rings and wedding dresses for a BEACH wedding BEFORE Tammy was dead.
25. Charles caught her and sent message to this commenter and saying Lori was having an affair. He was dead two weeks later.
26. Brandon is reason this started w/ FBI. Brandon's investigator got FBI involved then they got Chandler involved.
27. Alex was foaming at the mouth, going to the bathroom everywhere, and died within 10 minutes. They suspect poisoning. His 13 year old called 911.
28. Brandon's ex wife didn't show up to custody hearings and he was awarded full custody and doesn't have to pay her anything. She married someone in the cult 2 weeks later.
29. The last few months before Charles died Lori would say that Tylee was a dark level 3 spirit and would be better off in the next life and say the same about JJ because he had a lot of problems being born addicted to drugs.
30. Lori thought she would be doing them a favor. She held a higher priesthood and something about giving blessings.
31. Lori thought the kids would be better off in the next life
32. Alex went to jail for 18 months for attacking Joe at the courthouse when Lori was going to court to get custody of Tylee. Lori paid him to do it. Alex stun gunned him and broke his ribs.
33. Here is the story of Charles death.
Colby says Tylee said she didn't witness charles being shot by alex. Lori told Tylee to take JJ out to the car and then she heard two gunshots then lori came out drove jj to school, came back and then called 911.
34. Lori called colby and said alex died of a heart attack. colby comes over and says why does alex have a towel on his head, and the story of the bat apparently came later.
35. Alex was a massage therapist at one time. Until a lady claimed he touched her inappropriately. He lost his license. He was addicted to *advertiser censored* and now flies to Colombia each month to have sex. He was addicted to sex and *advertiser censored*. Family knows all this. After he shot Charles he went to Colombia and detectives let him go even though he was being investigated.

I am listening again as I am reading and will update.

ETA - Additional points
Wow! I’m stunned - thanks for this recap (wondering if I can put this in the media thread)

At this point I don't think the children are still alive. Even back some years ago, according to Lori's friend, Lori made a statement to the effect that they should take the children and drive off the cliff because the end of the world is coming and they will be better off.
I think police should be looking for bodies.

My mom used to read his books as they came out. That changed when the Daybells moved to Idaho from Utah (they used to live across the street from me!). My mom recounts going to a book signing after their move that was here in Utah, and being very weirded out by the high volume of people there who were asking Chad to prophesy for them. Unfortunately, memories like this have only recently been told to me, and we didn't even know that AVOW or PAP existed. Being prepared for natural disaster and such was a common thread between my family (Douglas, specifically just my parents in this instance) and the Daybells, so that was never suspect to me. Maybe another Douglas felt differently, but I don't know. Regarding Chad's membership with the LDS church: No one has heard anything about Chad being excommunicated. The church doesn't make that info public, and we aren't sure that even his kids would hear anything about it. At this point, we should consider Chad an inactive or non-practicing member, much like myself.
Thank you for joining us - I’m sure this is a difficult time for your family

At this point I don't think the children are still alive. Even back some years ago, according to Lori's friend, Lori made a statement to the effect that they should take the children and drive off the cliff because the end of the world is coming and they will be better off.
I think police should be looking for bodies.

What I don't understand, though, is when and why did she remove herself and CD from the driving off the cliff equation?

What a complex case! I have done my due diligence catching up by watching the YT videos and reading the threads.
Sadly, I do not think these children will be found alive. My opinion is that Alex killed the children at the request of Lori.
I do have some questions.

Who are the parents of Melani and who did Melani marry? Is Melani also missing? (I got confused by her role in all of this).

Also, what exactly happened when LE first went to check on the welfare of JJ. Doesn't LE leaving without knowing his welfare kind of go against the whole point of the welfare check?
Melani’s mother was Lori’s sister. Melani’s mother died in 1998. I do not know the circumstances of her death. I am not sure where Melani is now or with whom

Thanks so much for that. When was the last time any of you had contact with Chad? Did you know he planned on getting remarried?
This must be so hard for his kids. Are you getting the sense that they’re defending his actions or simply defending their father? I empathize with them wanting to cling to their remaining parent.

The last time I personally was in contact with Chad was probably Tammy's funeral, and for some family members about a week after remarrying (I heard about him marrying Lori exactly 2 weeks after Tammy's funeral). He included nothing about kids and said he would never visit the family in Utah or something like that. We were all pretty upset by that, because it felt disrespectful to Tammy's memory to instantly detach from the family. At the time he was in Hawaii and apparently told his parents they were free to visit, though I don't know if they did. No one knew he planned to remarry, and we were all in disbelief at the fact that he would remarry 2 weeks after Tammy's death. (I wanted to add: this marriage, if actually officiated, must have been a civil marriage. Getting a temple marriage for your first marriage is enough of a process as it is, let alone this being a 2nd or 5th/6th marriage.)

The kids seem to in large part be defending their father, not his actions. They've been hooked up with a lawyer by Chad (I assume the same one as him, I don't know though) and have gone deleting social media posts and blocking family members on social media. I personally evaded the ban hammer from all but 1 of them, so I've seen most of their Facebook feeds and what relates (and more importantly what doesn't) to recent discoveries. It at first sounded like they were upset that people would suggest their dad could have anything to do with the missing kids, and one cousin-in-law of mine is recounted as saying "Blocking all the two-faced people right now" just before blocking the entire Douglas side of the family. But now they're mostly silent, sending maybe an image with text indirectly suggesting that the truth isn't always out there to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member