ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
'She was 100% into the end of times': Friend recalls friendship with mother of missing kids (video)

We're hearing from a former friend of Lori's, who is remaining anonymous, about her infatuation with her new husband's beliefs. She witnessed Lori become obsessed with Chad's books, she said.

[...]

"She would fly her daughter's friend from Arizona to come see her just so that she would have a better week. I mean she's like mother of the year here," she remembered.

[...]

"She was 100% into the end of times, the end of the world and she would tell me no you really gotta start preparing for the end of the world. You gotta start getting your stuff together. She would order stuff all the time she would tell me I needed to read all these books," her friend said.

The books written by Chad were specifically a fictional series called "Standing in Holy Places." Her friend said, "Those books she got really obsessed with and she started buying me those books too. She must have gotten close to him from his books."

General Information:
"Purchasing Firearms
There is no state permit required for the purchase of any rifle, shotgun, or handgun.

It is unlawful to directly or indirectly sell to any minor under the age of eighteen years any weapon without the written consent of the parent or guardian of the minor.

No state permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun or handgun."

Gun & Weapon Law
----------
Homeschooling

AZ has a compulsory attendance law until 16 as well. Arizona Homeschooling Laws
AZ Rev Stat § 15-802 (2018)
Every child between the ages of six and sixteen years shall be provided instruction in at least the subjects of reading, grammar, mathematics, social studies, and science.

Idaho Homeschool Law - HSLDA

Unlike some other states, there is no “graduation” exception. So if your child graduates from your homeschool program before his or her 16th birthday, he or she is still subject to compulsory school attendance until he or she turns 16.

follow the requirements of a home education option recognized under Idaho law until your child graduates from high school (filing a home education notice, keeping attendance and other records, etc.). These records may be requested in some situations, such as obtaining a driver's license if your child is a minor,

===========
License plate readers can help solve crimes, but also raise privacy concerns
(.....)
Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Sgt. Bryan Lovell dismissed concerns that law enforcement would use the devices to encroach on privacy. He said the devices are used only to track license plates of vehicles that have been flagged by law enforcement as suspected of a crime.

There are two types of automated license plate readers; stationary ones and those mounted on vehicles, typically in front of a patrol vehicle’s emergency lights.
(.....)
The readers track the license plates of passing vehicles, regardless of whether the vehicle has been flagged. If a license plate has been flagged, an alert is sent to the patrol officer with information about why the vehicle is flagged and where. If the license place reader is stationary, a notification is sent to Madison County Dispatch, which then forwards the information to the nearest county dispatch to alert their patrol officers.
(....)
The license plate readers connect to the same national database used by law enforcement to search if someone has an active warrant.

According to the press release from the Rexburg Police Department:

“The Rexburg Police Department and the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) with the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are investigating the possible connection between the death of a Fremont County woman and two missing Rexburg children.

Death Investigation:
Family members found Tammy Daybell, 49, dead in her Fremont County home Oct. 19, 2019. At that time, Daybell’s death was believed to be natural.

Daybell was interred in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22. Subsequent investigation by the FCSO determined Daybell's death may be suspicious. On Dec. 11, Daybell's remains were exhumed by the FCSO, with the assistance of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, and an autopsy conducted.

During the course of the death investigation by the FCSO, investigators were made aware that two Rexburg children, ages 7 and 17, were missing.

Investigators determined within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children.

Missing Children Background:
Rexburg police attempted to conduct a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg Nov. 26.

The welfare check was being conducted as extended family outside Idaho had not been able to speak with Joshua since September and were concerned.

Investigators from Rexburg police spoke with Lori Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, who indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona.

Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend as indicated by Lori Vallow.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police executed search warrants at locations in Rexburg associated with Lori Vallow, in an attempt to locate Joshua.

As the search warrants were being executed, investigators determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had abruptly vacated their residence and left Rexburg.

Police then requested assistance from the FBI in locating Joshua.

Further investigation has determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell did not appear to have Joshua with them when they left Rexburg.

Investigators also determined Joshua last attended school at Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg on Sept 23, 2019.

Additionally, investigators learned Lori Vallow has a 17-year-old daughter, Tylee Ryan, who was living with Lori Vallow in Rexburg but has also not been seen since Sept. 2019. Investigators have contacted several members of the children's extended family, but no one has been in contact with the children since Sept.

The children have not been reported missing to any law enforcement agency and attempts to obtain the cooperation of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell in locating the children have been unsuccessful.

Joshua is a 7-year-old with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 4 feet tall and weighs 50 pounds.

Tylee is a 17-year-old with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 160 pounds.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the children since Sept. is asked to contact the Rexburg Police Department, at 1-208-359-3000, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.” (In red and underlined)
Rexburg Police Department

[Posted on Friday, December 20th]

Aunt Of Missing Idaho Kids Reveals Their Mom & Stepdad's Involvement In Secret 'Cult'
Article with video

"Now Woodcock, whose brother, Charles, was shot to death in July by his estranged wife Vallow’s brother, who died on December 12, revealed that her only hope is that her grandchildren can be brought back safely.

“I’m not worried for Lori one bit, she made her bed. My hope is that she gets apprehended and has to face a jury. That’s my hope. So that’s what we pray,” said Woodcock. “I quit worrying about her a long time ago when she wouldn’t let us see our [nephew] after my brother died, after he was murdered. After they murdered him, she would not allow me to see him or talk to him.”

A really old article on Chad Daybell from 1999:

LDS author uses the past to influence the future in new book

March 17, 1999

Some people find their inspiration in the present. Others find it digging in the past.

Chad Daybell lives to roam and write the past. Previously a copy editor for the Standard Examiner in Ogden, Daybell now spends his afternoons as a cemetery sexton.

Yet, even with the switch in jobs from one focusing on writing to one with very little writing, Daybell continues to write and has recently published his first book, “An Errand for Emma,” which he will be signing copies of Thursday in the BYU Bookstore.

Daybell has always enjoyed writing and earned his undergraduate degree in journalism from BYU. He also worked at the Daily Universe while attending BYU. So why the switch from journalism to one that involves little writing?

“I mainly switched jobs because my work at the newspaper was high-demand, high-stress, poor hours and I was deserting my family,” Daybell said.

Daybell said he worked for Evergreen Cemetery in Springville while attending BYU and enjoyed the part-time job. He then kept his eye on the sexton position and knew when it was rumored to be available.

High stress and high demand aren’t the only reasons Daybell quit his previous job.

“When I worked at the newspaper I was in front of a computer all day,” Daybell said. “At the end of the day, I wouldn’t feel like writing.”

Daybell said his job now is purely physical, so at the end of the day he feels like writing.

Daybell’s newfound enjoyment has paid off with the publication of “An Errand for Emma.”

Read more about the book he wrote at the link: LDS author uses the past to influence the future in new book - The Daily Universe

Another older article on Chad's books:

'Paradise' lost book battle

Deseret Book decides not to stock new LDS novel

By Deseret News Mar 18, 2003, 10:11am MST

SPRINGVILLE — On page 99 of Chad Daybell's new book, "Chasing Paradise," a warrior angel swoops in, plucks up a naughty spirit by the nape of her neck and drop-kicks her through the wall.

Daybell says that by then, readers are happy to see the troublesome "Ruby" banished.

Unfortunately for Daybell, that same scene has booted his novel off the shelves at Deseret Book stores.

Daybell said he was told last week that Deseret Book buyer Sarah Hoffman found the passage "irreverent" and therefore unsuitable for sale by the chain, which recently announced a sweeping clean-up policy for its merchandise.

Daybell — who has several books including the popular "Tiny Talks" books in Deseret Book stores — was shocked.

"As the managing editor of Cedar Fort publishing, it's part of my job to watch for offensive material," Daybell said. "I certainly didn't think my own novel would fall into that category."

Daybell said Deseret Book's reaction has him confused.

[...]

Daybell said he could edit out the offending sequence about the warrior, but that wouldn't make him happy.

"The passage is based on an actual event," he said. "My Young Men's president was killed in an automobile accident and two years later, his nephew was attacked by evil spirits on his mission to Brazil. Chris (the dead president) showed up and fought off the evil spirits and led the missionaries to safety."

Daybell said he feels unfairly and arbitrarily singled out because one employee disliked one passage in the story.

"That's the main reason I'm publicly objecting," he said. "I didn't want to let this die because it feels so subjective. Is this the new standard, no swearing, no sex and, now, no conflict? If this is the new standard, LDS novelists might as well put away their word processors because potentially anything can come under fire."

[...]

Daybell, a Brigham Young University graduate in journalism, has written four other books. One is based on stories he came across as he worked as the sexton for the Springville City Cemetery.

"I knew enough not to submit that one to Deseret Book," he said.

"Youth of Zion," based on the lives of LDS Church prophets, and a trilogy based on Emma Smith, along with "Tiny Talks," are all available through Deseret Book.

'Paradise' lost book battle

One of Chad's podcasts has been posted to youtube:

Youtube caption for the above video reads: "Chad Daybell recalls some effective lessons he learned in life about patience in waiting a long time to see the Lord's promises happen and gives good advice for others seeking to find peace in waiting on the Lord's timing. Correction: I mentioned the Time To Warrior Up podcast in this episode but I mistook that for the network that hosts the TTWU program, which is Preparing A People. That's the podcast I had heard Chad on. You can also find more about Chad's work with Preparing a People here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/glimpses "

Posting @diggndeeperstill's GH video summary in Media thread:
This is not the same video as above. It is a NEW one that is 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
View attachment 222325 adds Stacey Lynne Cope to his view of who is who. (Person who Alex was with in 1998 when she died)
Ok, did anyone listen to this and summarize? I have tried to catch up on all the posts but in a weird way and may have missed it.

I was driving for a while today and listened. Sure wish this video went faster....also, I am sure I missed comments or something as Gray kept referring to them. Some of my takeaways, as its been a few hours since listening.

Gray read some communication he had with an insider, a female family I believe insider.

Some things I will bullet and use my own words and Gray's as well.

1. Tylee wasn't into all the beliefs that her mom was
2. Lori (Lolo) and Chad were having an affair
3. Chad raised or started an insurance policy on Tammy 9 months before she died.
4. For some reason, Lori got 75K insurance money from Tylee's Father, Joseph Ryan.
5. Lori was a hairdresser and met Charles that way
6. Brandon was shot at in his driveway by someone driving Tylee's jeep. FBI got involved then.
7. Whoever this person is on Gray's show, they say they went to police earlier, they sent email, called, etc and they never called them back. Chandler police detective didn't do their job and if they would have been taken seriously then Tammy would still be alive. We told the detective that Lori was telling everyone that Charles needs to die. Charles sent messages to this person saying that he believed "they" are going to kill me. 2 weeks later he dies.
8. Brandon was divorced after this attempt and ex-wife did not even fight for kids. she remarried shortly after as well.
9. Gray calls these mysterious deaths like a cleansing of sorts for the cult.
10. He believes Alex killed Charles and possibly Joe Ryan and Alex attempted to kill Brandon, and possibly Chad killed Tammy and Alex.
11. Says Lori and Chad got married in Hawaii.
12. Lori and Charles fled to Hawaii when Joe Ryan was getting too close to getting custody.
13. Lori married nelson from Rialto CA loser gang member right out of high school.
14. #2 lasted three years, loser, wanted to be taken care of
15. Lori was a hairdresser and met Joe and married him. Lori wanted a divorce three years later because he didn't make enough money and made up terrible lies about Joe Ryan molesting her son.
16. Knew Charles from being a hairdresser and knew he had money, went after him
17. moved to az, then wanted to move to HI after Tylee realized that Joe was not a bad person after all and that her mom had lied about everything. So Lori wanted to move to HI.
18. Too expensive in HI and in 2016 she started to go see Chad and his crazy weekend getaways.
19. Joseph never had custody of Tylee.
20. Charles changed his insurance policy and Lori got nothing from him. She THOUGHT she was going to get 2 mil from Charles.
21. Alex is thought to have taken several dogs to the desert to die. Even took one of Brandons dogs when he was out of town. Some of Lori's as well when she was done with them. The hope is that is not what he did with the kids.
22. There is video of the car that shot at Brandon.
23. Police have the jeep, and the footage. Tylee's jeep.
24. Lori was looking at wedding rings and wedding dresses for a BEACH wedding BEFORE Tammy was dead.
25. Charles caught her and sent message to this commenter and saying Lori was having an affair. He was dead two weeks later.
26. Brandon is reason this started w/ FBI. Brandon's investigator got FBI involved then they got Chandler involved.
27. Alex was foaming at the mouth, going to the bathroom everywhere, and died within 10 minutes. They suspect poisoning. His 13 year old called 911.
28. Brandon's ex wife didn't show up to custody hearings and he was awarded full custody and doesn't have to pay her anything. She married someone in the cult 2 weeks later.
29. The last few months before Charles died Lori would say that Tylee was a dark level 3 spirit and would be better off in the next life and say the same about JJ because he had a lot of problems being born addicted to drugs.
30. Lori thought she would be doing them a favor. She held a higher priesthood and something about giving blessings.
31. Lori thought the kids would be better off in the next life
32. Alex went to jail for 18 months for attacking Joe at the courthouse when Lori was going to court to get custody of Tylee. Lori paid him to do it. Alex stun gunned him and broke his ribs.
33. Here is the story of Charles death.
Colby says Tylee said she didn't witness charles being shot by alex. Lori told Tylee to take JJ out to the car and then she heard two gunshots then lori came out drove jj to school, came back and then called 911.
34. Lori called colby and said alex died of a heart attack. colby comes over and says why does alex have a towel on his head, and the story of the bat apparently came later.
35. Alex was a massage therapist at one time. Until a lady claimed he touched her inappropriately. He lost his license. He was addicted to *advertiser censored* and now flies to Colombia each month to have sex. He was addicted to sex and *advertiser censored*. Family knows all this. After he shot Charles he went to Colombia and detectives let him go even though he was being investigated.

I am listening again as I am reading and will update.

ETA - Additional points

Last edited:
Adding Part 1 of GH video on this case and @dixiegirl1035 's summary of who's who to media thread:

According to Gray's video reading, (not presenting as fact here, all theory / info by Gray) - iirc, Tricia allows Gray Hughes video discussions here on the threads. He has spoken/texted with Larry and another unidentified family member.

Melani, (Lori's niece) got divorced from Brandon Boudreux who was shot at from someone driving Tylee's car. And Melanie was also quickly remarried after the divorce from Brandon in November 2019. (same month Lori married Chad) She took off and Brandon has their 4 kids.

@ 29:10 on the video, "when her sister Stacey passed away in 1998 (who is Stacey? presuming he is talking about who's sister?) he, Alex Cox, was at home ordering pizza off her credit card, and was the only one with Stacey when he found her dead." (Is that who you were saying was an ex-wife of one of her ex-husbands?)

Alex Cox death December 12th was associated with foaming at the mouth Gray learned today. (e.g. Cyanide symptom poisoning? per Gray)

@30:00 and @ 38:05 Charles took Lori off his policies, 2 mil, and she was mad when she found out.
@38:10 Chad took out insurance policy on Tammy 9 months before her death.

To answer someone above that asked about marriages, per Gray on this youtube...
Lori married, right out of high school in 1992 to a man named Nelson (#1 Hubby). Divorced in a year, then met Colby's dad (#2) and married in 1994, and that lasted 3 years. Then met and married Joseph whoe died in Nov 2018 (#3) and had Tylee. That marriage lasted 3 years. They moved from Austin to Arizona in 2006. Next hubby was Charles, they separated, and few months later he was dead in July 2019. (#4) Then she married Chad in November 2019(#5).View attachment 222323

Posting the VI's names in the media thread for future reference:
Hi Everyone,
Echoecho222 is now a verified member in this case only.

Echoecho222's daughter is good friends with Tylee although they have not spoken to each other in about a year they have been very close in the past.

Because Echoecho222 is verified she does not need to post links to the information she provides. However, it is up to you to believe the information or not. If you do not believe what is being posted please scroll by and do not start arguing.
You are allowed to ask questions as long as you do so in a polite manner.
It is my understanding that Echoecho222 can offer us an inside look into the family from her daughter's relationship with Tylee.

Thank you Echoecho222 for coming to Websleuths to help us understand this crazy case.

If anyone else wants to be verified as a professional or an insider please read at this link:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Here is a link to all of our verified professionals and insiders.
Professional Posters & Verified Insiders

Tricia

Please welcome our latest verified member on Websleuths, Maxxer500. Maxcer500 is verified as the nephew of Chad Daybell.

As with all verified members, short of hiring a private investigator, we can only do so much when it comes to actual verification. However, as the owner, I am very satisfied that Maxxer500 is the nephew of Chad Daybell.

Please remember you can ask questions of verified members but you must always be polite. It is up to you to believe the verified member or not. If you do not believe them then scroll on by. No need to comment.

Verified members can choose which questions to answer.

Websleuths is vastly different than other discussion groups. because we verify certain members, be it, family members of the people involved in a case or a professional person like a lawyer. That's why media and law enforcement come to read at Websleuths all the time. Because of your great posting and because of members willing to become verified.

Thanks to everyone!

Take Care,
Tricia

Putting this in the media thread so it is easier to find in the future.
Chad and Tammy Daybell's Idaho address, where Tammy mysteriously died:
It is here ETA: The property is almost exactly 1 mile north of the county line
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

• Pidn: RP07N40E206301 Property Detail
  • Owner: DAYBELL CHAD, DAYBELL TAMARA
  • Mail Addr: 202 N 1900 E
  • Mail Addr: REXBURG, ID 83440-2904
  • St Addr: 202 N 1900 E
  • Location: TAX 3386 LESS TAX 5673 & PARCEL BETWEEN TAX 5673 & W SEC LINE SEC 20 TWP 7 RGE 40
  • TotalAcres: 3.750
  • CodeArea: 044000
To find the property record ... go here
Fremont County, Idaho, Terms and Conditions

Choose Accept and go to Search
When search comes up fill in the fields for Search by Property Owner

ETA: Realtor link with photos of the (off-market) house: 202 N 1900 E, Rexburg, ID 83440 - realtor.com®

Last edited:
I am not sure if anyone has ever shared the archived version of chads website. I will and also copy the "about me" section.
This grab is from April 5, 2001. Wayback Machine

Hello there!
Thanks for visiting my website. I must first give proper credit to my wife, Tammy, the “Webmaster” who designed these pages. Without her, I’d still be trying to get the computer working, much less write a novel on it. We hope to make this a fun journey for you to discover behind-the-scenes information about The Emma Trilogy. We are eager to hear from you, and we’ll post your reviews and questions on the site.

I thought I’d let you know a bit about me. I was born in 1968, in Provo, Utah to Jack and Sheila Chesnut Daybell. My father was serving in the Navy during the Vietnam War, and we lived in San Diego for nearly two years. Since then I’ve always felt a bond to San Diego, including cheering for the San Diego Padres, despite their mediocrity.

I am the oldest of five children, and Paul, Matt, Brad and Becky have been wonderful siblings. Our neighborhood had many vacant fields, and we had a great time exploring them as we grew up. We also had plenty of friends around if we wanted to play baseball, basketball or football.

I had aspirations to be a professional athlete, but my youthful growth spurts seemed humorously timed. I’m now 6’3”, but I didn’t really grow at all during seventh or eighth grades and soon found myself as one of the shortest kids in school. Then the following summer I sprouted six inches, which left me rather uncoordinated. l played on Springville High's junior varsity baseball team, but I certainly didn't dazzle anyone.When it comes to my books, I guess I identify more with the clumsy teenage Emma, rather than with the athletic Doug. My younger brothers all excelled in sports, so there is some real-life basis for "An Errand for Emma."

However, my mission to New Jersey is the foundation for Doug’s experiences in "Doug's Dilemma." Every missionary event in that novel is based on an actual occurrence. It was a crazy two years, but extremely fulfilling. The Spanish-speaking people are fun-loving and upbeat, no matter what obstacles they face. I made many dear friends there that I’m still close to and admire. I came home a more compassionate person after my experiences there.

My post-mission plans included staying single for a long time so I could get through school. So naturally, within 15 days of arriving home I attended a singles ward volleyball game and met my future wife, Tammy Douglas, who is the daughter of Ron and Phyllis Douglas.

Tammy was working as the Springville Parks Department secretary at the time of our first date. I would be starting school at BYU in less than a month and needed a job. Tammy knew of an opening for a part-time cemetery worker, and while it wasn’t a job I’d ever considered, it offered a flexible schedule and a chance to see Tammy several times a day. Little did we know the role that job would eventually play in our lives. Tammy and I were married seven months later.

I worked at the cemetery for two years, then accepted the position of Assistant City Editor for BYU’s newspaper, The Daily Universe. The following semester I served as City Editor, and then graduated in April 1992.

Following graduation I took a job as a copy editor and headline writer with the Standard-Examiner in Ogden, Utah, and it was a good experience. We lived in the suburb of Washington Terrace and made some good friends, and I grew close to some of the best and brightest co-workers I'd ever had. But Tammy and I both felt a yearning to have our children grow up near their grandparents.

One night my brothers told me that Springville’s cemetery sexton was going to retire. It felt like the timing was right to make a move, so I applied for the position and was hired. So I went from writing headlines to digging graves. It paid better, and allowed us to move back to Springville.

In late 1997, two years after I became the sexton, I was shoveling snow at the cemetery when I felt the prompting, “It’s time to write your books.” This came as a complete surprise to me. I’d written some family histories, but I’d never been able to come up with a plot for a book. But almost immediately after receiving the prompting, the entire plot of “An Errand for Emma” poured into my head. I wrote it within a few months, and it was published about a year after that initial prompting.

When it came time to write another book, I was undecided about the topic, but my prayers were answered one day as the plot to “Doug’s Dilemma” filled my head, as well as the plot for “Escape to Zion.” I’m very grateful for the hand of the Lord in this project, and I hope I’ve done an adequate job with the material I’ve been given.

I recently took the opportunity to become the manager of Access Computer Products’ Provo office. I was reluctant to leave the cemetery, but the change allows me to spend more time with my family. So that is my current occupation, along with my continued writing efforts.

Tammy and I now have five children -- Garth, Emma, Seth, Leah and Mark. We still live in Springville, and it will be interesting to see if our daughter Emma turns out anything like the character she inspired. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you enjoy your journey here!

A little behind the scenes of who is who on one of his novels. apologies if it has been shared. I skimmed some of the book shares early on. An Errand for Emma - Behind the Scenes
http://www.cdaybell.com/emmafacts.html
Listing just a couple here:
Emma --
The title character is based on my oldest daughter, who is still more than a decade away from being the age of her fictional alter-ego. My daughter has been known to take a few spills, but the most memorable one occurred when she was only 18 months old. We still lived in Ogden, and we’d been playing in the backyard. Emma had fallen several times, so I told her to go in the house before she hurt herself. As she approached the back steps she tripped and hit her forehead squarely on the bottom concrete
The Daltons --
This fictional family is actually just a mirror image of my Daybell family line. If you begin with my daughter Emma at the head of the pedigree chart, the genealogy matches, except that I named myself Mark (after a close friend) and my wife Tammy goes by her middle name Michelle. Everyone else is referred to by his or her actual first name, including my parents, Jack and Sheila. I wrote it this way so if the book didn’t ever sell, at least my children and other family members would have a vivid -- although slightly fictionalized -- family history to read.
step, opening a huge, bloody gash that took several stitches to close. She still has that scar, and that’s how Emma’s method of time travel was hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23