CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

Words from Ben's mother on Missing FB Page. Very sad for her and the family.
BBM

MISSING: BEN TYNER

"It is so amazing to see the love and support from all over Canada, the U. S. and Australia. We have heard nothing new. RCMP assures us that they are still actively pursuing Ben’s case. We pray everyday all day that a clue will develop that will help us find Ben. Your prayers are helping us through everyday, and we thank you for them. We hope that you will keep Ben in your prayers, and that something will turn up soon!!"

I
Words from Ben's mother on Missing FB Page. Very sad for her and the family.
BBM

"It is so amazing to see the love and support from all over Canada, the U. S. and Australia. We have heard nothing new. RCMP assures us that they are still actively pursuing Ben’s case. We pray everyday all day that a clue will develop that will help us find Ben. Your prayers are helping us through everyday, and we thank you for them. We hope that you will keep Ben in your prayers, and that something will turn up soon!!"
I'm still praying for for resolution as winter again approaches. Ben is not forgotten.

I think about Ben so often. I wonder what happened to him and why and where he is. What a mystery! I hope all is revealed, sooner than later. I keep him in my prayers and thoughts, as well as his beloved ones, all of the time. I have no clue what happened that fateful day he went missing, nor why, but I pray that answers are forthcoming soon. His missing status is almost going on a year now. I can only imagine the pain his family has gone through for the last 10 months or so. I can only imagine that it has been nothing short of sheer agony for his family.

Nothing new to report on Ben. This article is a recap of their previous year's stories.

Year in Review: Cache Creek homicide, Merritt church arson, and a fire engine fundraiser - Ashcroft Cache Creek Journal

Ben is mentioned twice.

This snippet was the haunting one IMHO:

"Disappearance of cowboy ‘suspicious’

RCMP confirmed that the disappearance of Merritt-area cowboy Ben Tyner was deemed suspicious, and that the circumstances surrounding his disappearance might have been criminal. Police had downplayed the idea that foul play was involved in the disappearance, but after investigation said that they believed Tyner did not disappear of his own accord. Read more at Disappearance of Merritt cowboy now deemed suspicious: police - Kelowna Capital News.
"

Sadness at the holidays and every day. From Ben's mother:

As Christmas approaches it becomes very hard to again realize that Ben will not be with us. We miss him terribly and pray continually that he will be found.
I wrote this poem before our Thanksgiving. I had originally titled it “A Son for Christmas.” A friend retitled it and now it applies to everyday, not just Christmas.
Thank you for indulging me. We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and may 2020 be your best year ever!

“Where is my Son”

As the moment occurs my heart cries out for answers-
It weeps, it bleeds, it cries with frustration.
What is life without my child, my joy, my everything.
Where is my son?

As months pass my spirit begs for help-
The hopelessness, the emptiness become overwhelming.
Prayers, pleas, and supplications are recited everyday.
Where is my son?

As time continues on the Spirit begins to listen-
My despair slowly lifts as my faith intervenes.
Will today be the day that I find my son?
Where is my son?

As life drifts on the Lord becomes my refuge-
He hears my cries, He sees my grief, He surrounds me with love.
He will one day bring me my son.
Where is my son?
- Jen Tyner

Heartbreaking. :(

As Christmas approaches it becomes very hard to again realize that Ben will not be with us. We miss him terribly and pray continually that he will be found.
I wrote this poem before our Thanksgiving. I had originally titled it “A Son for Christmas.” A friend retitled it and now it applies to everyday, not just Christmas.
Thank you for indulging me. We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and may 2020 be your best year ever!

“Where is my Son”

Where is my son?

Where is my son?

Where is my son?

Where is my son?
- Jen Tyner

Could these be Ben's remains?

Human remains found on trail near Golden Ears Bridge

VANCOUVER -- Police spent nearly 24 hours in the shadow of the Golden Ears Bridge after human remains were discovered on a secluded trail in the area Friday night.

Uniformed and plain-clothes officers could be seen working in the area of the Katzie Slough Trail in Pitt Meadows for most of the day...

Snip

Ridge Meadows RCMP said there were "no signs of foul play" related to the discovery.

“Where is my Son”

Where is my son?

Where is my son?

Where is my son?

Where is my son?
- Jen Tyner

@zecats this is beautiful, thanks for bringing it over here.
Ben’s family must feel so helpless. I think of them often.
Ben & his brother come to mind when I saddle up. I bet on long rides checking his herd, Jack must think of Ben & all the great rides they shared, longing for those days again, wishing Ben had never relocated to Ca.
All moo

@zecats this is beautiful, thanks for bringing it over here.
Ben’s family must feel so helpless. I think of them often.
Ben & his brother come to mind when I saddle up. I bet on long rides checking his herd, Jack must think of Ben & all the great rides they shared, longing for those days again, wishing Ben had never relocated to Ca.
All moo
Thanks. And you’re right it is a beautiful tribute to Ben. His mom and family have to be in so much pain and for so long.
I don’t know Ben at all and I wish he never went to Canada.

On the anniversary of Ben's disappearance, an update and some words from his family:
BBM

January 24 at 10:34 PM
One year ago tonight was the last time we talked with our beloved son, Ben, before he went missing. As a thank you to everyone who has supported us we would like to post a summary and update.
The first two weeks after Ben went missing we were in Merritt assisting with the search and helping the authorities.
Due to winter weather the search was called off after a week. Sadly we had to pack Ben’s belongings and bring his truck and trailer back to Wyoming, as well as his three horses and two dogs.
Since returning home we have been in weekly contact with the RCMP. They are still actively working Ben’s case. Our Wyoming senator, Mike Enzi, has been very helpful in getting the FBI and State Department involved in assisting the RCMP. When there are any substantial developments in Ben’s case we will certainly update you. We are so hoping and praying that there will be a breakthrough soon.
Ben has definitely not been forgotten as there are two scholarships being set up in Ben’s name. We are honored and humbled by the efforts of the fundraisers. The next fundraising event is Feb. 29 - March 1 in Ft. Collins, CO.
We are very thankful and grateful for the continued support and prayers being sent our way. You are truly and absolutely the BEST online family we could ever hope to have!

Richard, Jen and Jack Tyner

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member