TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #2

One interesting comment I found is that "Ali was meeting someone but not for the reason you might think"

That would seem to be ruling out a romantic tryst. What else could it be? Drugs? Police informant?

Bear in mind, this is an unverified source.

Very sad to see Ali's thread slipping down the list. Am I the only one who wants to discuss this case?

I don't think much planning was involved in Ali's abduction. Whoever took Ali, I see them as more of a situational offender. Someone impulsive and opportunistic who saw a young girl walking down a quiet road. I expect he pulled over and offered her a ride. When Ali declined, he continued to harass her before revealing a weapon to force her into the vehicle. This person has done this before. They most likely have a rapsheet for sexual offenses, but I don't believe they're a serial killer.

You can't help but feel police botched this case by dismissing Ali as a runaway. I understand that police resources are often stretched and they need to use discretion when managing investigations, but there was no evidence that Ali took off voluntarily. And even if she had been a runaway, she was still a minor who could've been in danger. Furthermore, how is it that a private investigator was able to get a partial license plate from a witness and the police weren't? Did they bother to question anyone?

I agree, it is sad to see her case losing interest here. But I understand how it happens, there simply isn’t anymore information to go on, nothing “new” that makes people want to continue to dig. This is a huge thread and there is lots of good information and theories out there.

Your theory is probably one I most agree with. I believe she was doing exactly what she told her mom she was going to do and was taken without choice before she could reach the burger barn. Also agree that someone saw their opportunity to snatch her and did so...and if that’s the case, my guess is she isn’t wasn’t taken far from the area and probably wasn’t kept around for long :(

I just hope they can bring her home someday.

Very sad to see Ali's thread slipping down the list. Am I the only one who wants to discuss this case?

I don't think much planning was involved in Ali's abduction. Whoever took Ali, I see them as more of a situational offender. Someone impulsive and opportunistic who saw a young girl walking down a quiet road. I expect he pulled over and offered her a ride. When Ali declined, he continued to harass her before revealing a weapon to force her into the vehicle. This person has done this before. They most likely have a rapsheet for sexual offenses, but I don't believe they're a serial killer.

You can't help but feel police botched this case by dismissing Ali as a runaway. I understand that police resources are often stretched and they need to use discretion when managing investigations, but there was no evidence that Ali took off voluntarily. And even if she had been a runaway, she was still a minor who could've been in danger. Furthermore, how is it that a private investigator was able to get a partial license plate from a witness and the police weren't? Did they bother to question anyone?

I agree, it is sad to see her case losing interest here. But I understand how it happens, there simply isn’t anymore information to go on, nothing “new” that makes people want to continue to dig. This is a huge thread and there is lots of good information and theories out there.

Your theory is probably one I most agree with. I believe she was doing exactly what she told her mom she was going to do and was taken without choice before she could reach the burger barn. Also agree that someone saw their opportunity to snatch her and did so...and if that’s the case, my guess is she isn’t wasn’t taken far from the area and probably wasn’t kept around for long :(

I just hope they can bring her home someday.

It's part of the reason why I think the trip to the Burger Barn was simply an excuse to meet someone.

I am a mother myself and I don’t view Joann as being controlling. I see that she loved her daughter and wanted to know where she was in order to keep her safe? If she were that “controlling” why did she give Ali permission to do what she wanted? When you become a parent your #1 job is to keep your children safe, maybe you don’t agree with her keeping tabs on her 16 year old daughter; but saying she was controlling makes her seem rigid....kinda abrasive y’all. she used to follow this thread..

You will see from my later posts that I've changed my opinion on this case. It took a little digging around and a discussion with one of Ali's old friends for me to believe that Ali wasn't going to work that day, she had arranged to meet somebody.

You will see from my later posts that I've changed my opinion on this case. It took a little digging around and a discussion with one of Ali's old friends for me to believe that Ali wasn't going to work that day, she had arranged to meet somebody.

I’m not discrediting the “old friend” but that’s all hearsay at this point. It was said by the PI working the case that Ali was texting with someone from the Las Vegas area but they never implied that they even thought she had runaway because she left behind everything that would be important to a teenage girl...nor was it ever said that phone records showed she was actively communicating with someone at the time of her disappearance.

While stranger abductions are the rarest type of missing children cases, I believe Ali falls into that category.

- Stranger Kidnapping: happens primarily in outdoor locations.

- In almost all instances, children are abducted no more than a quarter mile from their home.

- Children are most vulnerable after school hours going to and from extracurricular activities or when parents are less likely monitoring them.

- This accounts for 24 percent of cases.

- It victimizes more females and ranges from school-aged children to teenagers.

Just my opinion. And I appreciate yours. Nice getting a different perspective.

I’m not discrediting the “old friend” but that’s all hearsay at this point. It was said by the PI working the case that Ali was texting with someone from the Las Vegas area but they never implied that they even thought she had runaway because she left behind everything that would be important to a teenage girl...nor was it ever said that phone records showed she was actively communicating with someone at the time of her disappearance.

There were reports that Ali was using a friend's cellphone to contact someone, as she knew her mom was keeping her tabs on her. Personally, I take anything that comes from the family PI with a truckload of salt.

Just my opinion. And I appreciate yours. Nice getting a different perspective.

You're welcome. I certainly don't rule out the stranger theory but like I said, from my own investigation I'm almost convinced there's more to this case than meets the eye.

I think it would have been difficult for someone to forcibly snatch Ali. She was stocky enough to put up a fight.

There were reports that Ali was using a friend's cellphone to contact someone, as she knew her mom was keeping her tabs on her. Personally, I take anything that comes from the family PI with a truckload of salt.

You're welcome. I certainly don't rule out the stranger theory but like I said, from my own investigation I'm almost convinced there's more to this case than meets the eye.

I think it would have been difficult for someone to forcibly snatch Ali. She was stocky enough to put up a fight.

Difficult for who to forcibly snatch Ali? I don’t think it would take much for a grown man to pick up a girl her size - at 5’2” 145lbs.

Lets say she does put up a fight, she is a 16 year old girl that hasn’t been trained to fight or fight back against someone that is much bigger than her...and is probably scared out of her mind, she isn’t a match for someone hungry to do evil things.

What about forcibly snatched at knife/gunpoint?

Or forcibly snatched by more than one person..

Difficult for who to forcibly snatch Ali? I don’t think it would take much for a grown man to pick up a girl her size - at 5’2” 145lbs.

Lets say she does put up a fight, she is a 16 year old girl that hasn’t been trained to fight or fight back against someone that is much bigger than her...and is probably scared out of her mind, she isn’t a match for someone hungry to do evil things.

What about forcibly snatched at knife/gunpoint?

Or forcibly snatched by more than one person..

She was a short and stocky girl who would've put up a struggle if someone tried to grab her. Apparently there was an attempted abduction in the area too, so hopefully Ali would've had her wits about her not to engage any strangers who pulled up.

You're right, if they pulled out a gun then all bets are off. I don't think that's what happened though, not anymore. Like I said, I've dug into Ali's past, I know that her life wasn't the idyllic picture that's been painted. An angst-ridden teen, unhappy with her parent's divorce, talk of an older guy. Do the math.

She was a short and stocky girl who would've put up a struggle if someone tried to grab her. Apparently there was an attempted abduction in the area too, so hopefully Ali would've had her wits about her not to engage any strangers who pulled up.

You're right, if they pulled out a gun then all bets are off. I don't think that's what happened though, not anymore. Like I said, I've dug into Ali's past, I know that her life wasn't the idyllic picture that's been painted. An angst-ridden teen, unhappy with her parent's divorce, talk of an older guy. Do the math.

You are correct, she would’ve put up a struggle; doesn’t mean she couldn’t be overpowered.

I had plenty of friends that had parents that divorced - and none ever seemed to be affected the way you believe Ali was. Did it break her heart? Probably. Did it drive her to runaway and never look back? Doubt it.

What older guy are you speaking of? Crash from the Burger Barn? He was mentioned in “The Vanished” podcast #156

Maybe she did plan on meeting up with this older guy but I’m not convinced she calculated this plan to runaway with anyone that day. I’ve done the math, it doesn’t add up.

If anything, I believe she was lying to her mom to meet up with someone she shouldn’t have been hanging out with and planned on going back home that day.

I’m still confused on what your take is? Do you believe she is alive and well somewhere?

You are correct, she would’ve put up a struggle; doesn’t mean she couldn’t be overpowered.

I had plenty of friends that had parents that divorced - and none ever seemed to be affected the way you believe Ali was. Did it break her heart? Probably. Did it drive her to runaway and never look back? Doubt it.

What older guy are you speaking of? Crash from the Burger Barn? He was mentioned in “The Vanished” podcast #156

Maybe she did plan on meeting up with this older guy but I’m not convinced she calculated this plan to runaway with anyone that day. I’ve done the math, it doesn’t add up.

If anything, I believe she was lying to her mom to meet up with someone she shouldn’t have been hanging out with and planned on going back home that day.

I’m still confused on what your take is? Do you believe she is alive and well somewhere?

Just because many kids experience no emotional disturbance from a divorce, doesn't mean Ali was cool with it. John Lowitzer said that his relationship with his daughter was fraught after the divorce. Ali shunned him for awhile and they were only just repairing things before she vanished.

I personally think Ali's "daddy issues" (for want of a better term) came into play with this older guy. However, I could be wrong, and it may have little bearing on the case.

At any rate, I have never subscribed to the theory that Ali was a runaway. There's no evidence to suggest it. She wouldn't have left all her personal belongings behind when it would've only taken a minute to grab them.

I was told from two independent sources close to Ali that there was talk of an older guy on the scene. We're actually on the same page inasmuch as I reckon she planned to meet someone that day, and used the Burger Barn as an excuse to escape her helicopter mom. An older male would certainly have more motive for foul play if it came out he was seeing a minor.

It also doesn’t mean Ali was deeply disturbed by the divorce either. So she was mad at her dad and wasn’t speaking to him? this is typical teenage girl behavior WITHOUT the talk of divorce. My guess is if she were mad at her dad about anything it would’ve been because he met up with said older guy and told him to keep away from his daughter.

I’d definitely stop with the “daddy issues” and “helicopter mom” - while I know you aren’t trying to be insulting, it’s just....insensitive, and in my opinion isn’t a fair assumption.

Also from what I have learned there was more than just one older guy..?

Bumping for Ali

It's coming up to 10 year anniversary since Ali vanished. I hope this isn't the kind of cold case people are talking about in another 10 years.
Sadly, I think too much ground was lost early on, and IMO the family PI diverted the case with the sex trafficking stuff.

Just to put things into perspective when it comes to the runaway angle...while she certainly may have talked about or planned to run away (as I am sure a lot of teenagers have done multiple times), the percentage of teenagers that runaway and leave behind most of their personal belongings is almost too low to consider that it actually happens and when you combine that with the "she left with an older guy and leaves behind most of her personal belongings and goes out of her way to make it look like she disappeared or was kidnapped...the possibility is almost zero. I just dont think there is any practical reason if you are gonna leave with an older guy or runaway that you make it look like you disappeared or especially that you were kidnapped. It would make an already very dangerous situation much more dangerous. She would know people would be looking for her regardless of the reason she went missing so why risk more danger to the guy she was gonna runaway with by having people think she was taken against her will. There is just no reason I can think of except to maybe get more of a head start, but if you have planned it that well then getting a good head start would have been part of the plan. In my opinion she was taken by force and that should be the angle that gets explored, not only because I think its only logical but because there are not any documented cases that I know of where a teenager leaves behind most of her personal belongings to leave her life and not be heard from for over 10 years. I hope I am wrong and Ali is out there alive and well, but in my opinion she was taken against her will and all other options of what happened to her are not good.

Just to put things into perspective when it comes to the runaway angle...while she certainly may have talked about or planned to run away (as I am sure a lot of teenagers have done multiple times), the percentage of teenagers that runaway and leave behind most of their personal belongings is almost too low to consider that it actually happens and when you combine that with the "she left with an older guy and leaves behind most of her personal belongings and goes out of her way to make it look like she disappeared or was kidnapped...the possibility is almost zero. I just dont think there is any practical reason if you are gonna leave with an older guy or runaway that you make it look like you disappeared or especially that you were kidnapped. It would make an already very dangerous situation much more dangerous. She would know people would be looking for her regardless of the reason she went missing so why risk more danger to the guy she was gonna runaway with by having people think she was taken against her will. There is just no reason I can think of except to maybe get more of a head start, but if you have planned it that well then getting a good head start would have been part of the plan. In my opinion she was taken by force and that should be the angle that gets explored, not only because I think its only logical but because there are not any documented cases that I know of where a teenager leaves behind most of her personal belongings to leave her life and not be heard from for over 10 years. I hope I am wrong and Ali is out there alive and well, but in my opinion she was taken against her will and all other options of what happened to her are not good.

You're bang on the money about the lack of missing belongings. All the more reason the police shouldn't have blithely dismissed this as a runaway case in the first instance.

Regarding the "older guy", I don't believe Ali went willingly. I think she agreed to meet him after school (for whatever reason) and he abducted her.

...In my opinion she was taken by force and that should be the angle that gets explored, not only because I think its only logical but because there are not any documented cases that I know of where a teenager leaves behind most of her personal belongings to leave her life and not be heard from for over 10 years. I hope I am wrong and Ali is out there alive and well, but in my opinion she was taken against her will and all other options of what happened to her are not good.

BBM.

You might be interested in reading about Crystal Haag who did exactly that when she was just 14. I also never thought a teen could ever pull off something like that until another WS member pointed it out in the Andrew Gosden thread.

I agree with you, though, in that I don't believe this is what happened to Ali. The theories about the older man and even a possible pregnancy make more sense to me.

It's been ten years. I imagine some of Ali's friends and associates are now well & truly adults in their late 20's and possibly having children of their own, so might be in a better position to understand how torturous this would be for Ali's parents and come forward with information, no matter how small or seemingly irrelevant. This case needs a hero.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back