HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM WEBSLEUTHS/THOUGHTS ON 2020

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can you believe it? It is actually the year 2020.

Do you have any true crime predictions?

Who knew when Websleuths was created to discuss the JonBenet Ramsey case in 1997 it would be one of the leaders in the True Crime discussion genre on the Internet in 2020? Full disclosure: I bought Websleuths in 2004. I did not create the forum. Websleuths was a small forum back in 2004 but because we made drastic but positive changes in the way a discussion forum was run Websleuths really grew fast.

We did not hesitate to ban trouble makers no matter who they were or how many we had to ban, no one was allowed to be rude to other posters, no rumors, we verified people who claimed to more than just a regular poster and you know what? People fought those changes every step of the way. People made it their lives work to try and ruin Websleuths and me personally. I swear if I told you the details you wouldn't believe what went on the first years of Websleuths. Actually, you wouldn't believe what people still do to this day to try and keep Websleuths down. All because they were either banned for causing trouble or they just flat out disagree with the way we run things. It is mind-boggling at times.

But rather than look at the past let's look at the future.

There are two basic groups that make Websleuths the amazing forum it is today.
1- Our Members
2-Our Moderators.

Websleuths members continue to amaze the mainstream media, law enforcement and people around the world in general with their ability to discuss and pick apart evidence in cases. I can only imagine how exciting 2020 will be as our membership numbers continue to grow and our members come up with new ways to look at the evidence in cases.

By the way, law enforcement agencies from all over the world read at Websleuths day and night. Your posts and your ideas are being read by those involved in the investigations.

Without the dedicated and hard-working moderators, Websleuths would just be another rambling, conspiracy filled, whacked-out discussion group. We all owe the moderators our gratitude. Because of their dedication you are able to post without drama and have an adult discussion about the facts.

Thank you so much for being a part of Websleuths and here's to 2020 being the year we bring home the missing, solve cold cases, and continue to make an even bigger difference in the world of true crime.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith,
Owner/Websleuths.com
PS. Feel free to add your thoughts but no politics and stay within our terms of service.
PPS It is 4:30 AM and while I have re-read this post over and over and it looks fine I reserve the right to deny I wrote any of this if it makes no sense. LOL

Thank you to all involved in this fact-based, wonderfully moderated and lively forum. I learn so much here and greatly enjoy being able to share my thoughts or just read along.

Sadly, I am sure the 2020s will bring us more tragic cases to discuss but one positive prediction I have is that more old and cold cases will be solved thru DNA ancestry databases (example April Tinsley). I am hopeful that justice will be served to evildoers out there who thought they got away with their crime. While I have a tendency to follow the new cases most closely there are some unsolved cases that are just so haunting (example Abby and Libby) and I really hope those cases are solved in the early 2020s.

MOO. Happy new year!

Happy New Year everyone.

Hope 2020 brings the best for you all.

And of course justice for our victims and answers for those that don’t have them yet.

And if we could stop killing babies and children that would be the best year ever...

ETA Pls let 2020 be the year Mark Redwine finally gets his comeuppance and that Denim/Mostly Harmless gets his name back (although that has to be one of the most conflicting cases I’ve ever followed, in that, what if he didn’t want to be named)

I have really enjoyed WebSleuths in the short time I've been on here. I joined right before my cancer diagnosis in 2017. I was home sick and perusing the internet, stumbling on the Turpin case. Over the past few years I've spent countless hours in treatment, and having this community to keep my brain occupied, has been so enriching. I've learned so much!

I did my DNA this year and uploaded it to GEDmatch and ftDNA, neither of which I would have known about without WS. [Some moron in my distant family committed a crime decades ago and was caught recently. Not because of my DNA specifically but from a distant cousin.]

My hope for WebSleuths in 2020 is that they partner with the DNA Doe Project. A little public recognition would bring in funding to keep WS free for those like me that can't afford to donate. There are so many members with so much to offer out of the goodness of their heart. Crowdsourcing our way to fulfilling every families wish to find their loved one. We need more good news in the media.

Happy New Year fellow Websleuthers!

Keepin' it kind here in SW FL.

I love this site and even if I don't post every day (unless I get wrapped up in a case), I'm reading every day for sure. @Tricia I so appreciate you and the forum mods for keeping this a respectable place where the victims (and families) are treated with grace and compassion, and every tidbit requires back up verification via local PD or MSM. I also appreciate my fellow sleuthers who take the rules seriously, encourage others to do the same, and dig deep on every case. It really is a pretty incredible group of people we have here. You're all rock stars. :)

My prediction for 2020? I think we're going to see a LOT more cold cases solved due to DNA databases. 2019 was already a banner year, but more and more all the time, folks are giving/receiving DNA test kits and making that link viable for LE. My husband and I even got each other one for Christmas. Here's to hoping 202o doesn't reveal a serial killer connected to either of us. ;)

I love websleuths, but my wish for 2020 is that there is no need for it because crimes aren’t committed anymore. More realistically, I pray 2020 brings answers and justice to all of our unsolved cases, especially Abby & Libby.

I am a new member, having come across WS from a previously banned member. I have no contact with the person, but as I am also interested in helping find missing persons, I decided to join.
We shall see what the 20's bring. Our world needs better more advanced technology for crime solving and locating missing/UID persons.

Can you believe it? It is actually the year 2020.

Do you have any true crime predictions?

Who knew when Websleuths was created to discuss the JonBenet Ramsey case in 1997 it would be one of the leaders in the True Crime discussion genre on the Internet in 2020? Full disclosure: I bought Websleuths in 2004. I did not create the forum. Websleuths was a small forum back in 2004 but because we made drastic but positive changes in the way a discussion forum was run Websleuths really grew fast.

We did not hesitate to ban trouble makers no matter who they were or how many we had to ban, no one was allowed to be rude to other posters, no rumors, we verified people who claimed to more than just a regular poster and you know what? People fought those changes every step of the way. People made it their lives work to try and ruin Websleuths and me personally. I swear if I told you the details you wouldn't believe what went on the first years of Websleuths. Actually, you wouldn't believe what people still do to this day to try and keep Websleuths down. All because they were either banned for causing trouble or they just flat out disagree with the way we run things. It is mind-boggling at times.

But rather than look at the past let's look at the future.

There are two basic groups that make Websleuths the amazing forum it is today.
1- Our Members
2-Our Moderators.

Websleuths members continue to amaze the mainstream media, law enforcement and people around the world in general with their ability to discuss and pick apart evidence in cases. I can only imagine how exciting 2020 will be as our membership numbers continue to grow and our members come up with new ways to look at the evidence in cases.

By the way, law enforcement agencies from all over the world read at Websleuths day and night. Your posts and your ideas are being read by those involved in the investigations.

Without the dedicated and hard-working moderators, Websleuths would just be another rambling, conspiracy filled, whacked-out discussion group. We all owe the moderators our gratitude. Because of their dedication you are able to post without drama and have an adult discussion about the facts.

Thank you so much for being a part of Websleuths and here's to 2020 being the year we bring home the missing, solve cold cases, and continue to make an even bigger difference in the world of true crime.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith,
Owner/Websleuths.com
PS. Feel free to add your thoughts but no politics and stay within our terms of service.
PPS It is 4:30 AM and while I have re-read this post over and over and it looks fine I reserve the right to deny I wrote any of this if it makes no sense. LOL

Happy new year to you Trisha and all fellow WS members and lurkers and of course our mods.
Having spent 22 years in the UK Police and working as a Detective for 18 of those 22 years before a very serious accident at work and subsequent serious injury finished my very much loved career as I was paralysed chasing a murder suspect, I can honestly say that had I not have had to cease my career in 2010, once I found Websleuths, I would have loved to have put it into practice and encompassed the investigative ideas that are put forth by WS MEMBERS , in my murder and serious crime investigations and within my role of Crime Manager in charge of the Criminal investigation department (CID) and my role of Senior Investigative Officer (SIO)..
Without doubt there are some excellent ideas and creative investigative suggestions put forth by some WS members and I often find myself thinking how useful a tool that WS would have been for me. I have always said that as the leader/Boss/Crime manager/SIO of the Major incident enquiry undertaken , I don’t solve the crime. It’s solved collectively by members of my team under my direction, working together and putting forth ideas that sometimes seem far fetched and out of the box ,however ,without everybody’s important input and ideas , often these crimes wouldn’t be solved and I personally extend this to include WS members. So never underestimate the value and power of your ideas to help solve these crimes fellow WS members because everybody’s input is important and helps collectively to resolve and solve many a crime.
I am proud to be part of WS and you are all truly wonderful selfless people, with a common aim of helping others.
My only other comment is for Tricia and that is that I don’t know how WS is funded other than slight advertising revenue and I for one would be more than happy to contribute an annual fee , even just a few small £ or $ to keep WS running and to pay for future improvement as well as upkeep.
Anyway, I will stop waffling now other than to say that I wish you all peace, love and good health and happiness in this forthcoming decade and healing for those that need it x

E
Happy New Year everyone.

Hope 2020 brings the best for you all.

And of course justice for our victims and answers for those that don’t have them yet.

And if we could stop killing babies and children that would be the best year ever...

ETA Pls let 2020 be the year Mark Redwine finally gets his comeuppance and that Denim/Mostly Harmless gets his name back (although that has to be one of the most conflicting cases I’ve ever followed, in that, what if he didn’t want to be named)
What case is that to which you refer pls ? Do you have a link?

Happy New Year to all my fellow sleuther's. The only comment I have is a question for @Tricia. Did you put on your big girl panties and take the polar plunge this year, inquiring minds want to know. :D:p

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back