KY - Bonnie, 45, & son Leon Porter, 28, killed each other, Louisville, 5 July 2007

Mysticchic

Former Member
Reaction score
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Police are calling the causes of death for two people found dead together in an apartment in Louisville a double homicide.

Metro police said a mother, Bonnie Porter, 45, and her son, Leon Porter, 28, were found dead in the apartment Thursday. Investigators said the son fired several rounds at the mother and, while defending herself, she shot him in the head, resulting in both their deaths.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/13635564/d...tml=chi_4pm&tmi=chi_4pm_1_04000307062007&ts=H

Here I was picturing a twist on a mutual suicide pact! :eek:

Sad. I could not and would not kill my child even if it were in self-defense...if I were just protecting myself that is. It would be different if he were trying to kill someone else, but not just me.

Those of you who can't imagine killing your child surely don't have a child that would try to kill you!

I'm thinking somebody flunked English the term they read Oedipus.

It's kill the father, have sex with the mother. Jeeze!

Those of you who can't imagine killing your child surely don't have a child that would try to kill you!

In a rare moment we agree!

I was thinking the same thing.

I tend to think it took two to tango and a mother who raised a person like that was just as guilty.

According to the news report, he was mentally ill. I don't see how she can be blamed for that. :waitasec:

WT he*l is wrong with people?
Mothers and sons killing each other. Husbands and boyfriends killing pregnant women............something in today's society is messed up.

In a rare moment we agree!

I was thinking the same thing.

I tend to think it took two to tango and a mother who raised a person like that was just as guilty.
you know there are parents out there who have done thier very best to raise good kids . he was old enough to know better ,i was a single mom for years and my son has done things im not proud of but i certainly did my best to raise him without any help from anyone until my husband came along .

According to the news report, he was mentally ill. I don't see how she can be blamed for that. :waitasec:
--true she can't be "blamed" for that--but she may be at blame for other things--or perhaps he was to blame--we don't know anything about their history--anyway, "mental illness" is never an excuse for murder

I want to know why there was at least 2 loaded guns in the house?

I couldn't kill my child either. I would just die with a broken heart. :(

Me too.

There is a long history of problems here, starting from when he was born. She couldn't have been more than 16 or 17 at his birth.

you know there are parents out there who have done thier very best to raise good kids . he was old enough to know better ,i was a single mom for years and my son has done things im not proud of but i certainly did my best to raise him without any help from anyone until my husband came along .

NO I do not know that... I have yet to meet anyone who has disproved my theory.
"their very best?"
my crack *advertiser censored* mother did her very best too ...
I am sorry to be rude but as a parent "their very best" needs to be THE best.
Not some lame exuse.
Not being always proud of your child is a far cry from killing someone.

NO I do not know that... I have yet to meet anyone who has disproved my theory.
"their very best?"
my crack *advertiser censored* mother did her very best too ...
I am sorry to be rude but as a parent "their very best" needs to be THE best.
Not some lame exuse.
Not being always proud of your child is a far cry from killing someone.
hmm i guess i will just keep my mouth shut .. sorry your mother was what she was but i was NOTHING of the sort . my very best was with me going without things i needed so my child had everything HE needed .. i went alot of hungry nights SO HE COULD eat . he always had heat clothes ect .. and NO i didnt recieve assistance . or child support . i did it on my own working my *advertiser censored* off ..

From the video, it seems the mother did care for her son throught him losing jobs, etc. He always had a place to go. But I think she was also afraid of him, which is why she slept with a gun. Myself, if I feared my child that much, he would NOT be in my home. The story also said he had a long history of mental illness, yet she didn't abandon him.
A kid doesn't need to come from a crackwhore mother for the child to turn on them and kill them. We have a thread now about a 12 y/o girl killing her mother and brother. There also have been thread in the past of upper/upper middle class kids killing their parents who were not mentally ill.
Bottom line...WTH is wrong with these kids!? Things have certainly changed a LOT. Back in my day I wouldn't even think about raising my voice to my Mother!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back