Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Sacramento Police
ATTEMPT TO LOCATE MISSING PERSON:
The Sacramento Police Department is asking for the community’s assistance in helping us locate a missing person. 25 year old Alexander Holden was last seen on December 31, 2019. He is 6 foot 1 and 190 LBS with brown hair and brown eyes.

4:34 PM · Jan 2, 2020

Sacramento Police
He was last seen wearing a tan pullover as pictured below in the first picture. He was last seen in the Downtown Sacramento area. Holden’s disappearance is uncharacteristic and family is concerned for his welfare. If you have any info on Holden’s whereabouts please call 911.
4:35 PM · Jan 2, 2020

Welcome to Websleuths, @froggydog! :)

Noting from the second link:

82326393_10214921446101915_4835954500361519104_o.jpg

Alex Holden in an undated photograph provided by his girlfriend.
  • AH is 6'1" tall and weighs 190 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. At the time he left his apartment Tuesday he was wearing a tan sweater.
  • His girlfriend. KP, said she last saw him leaving their midtown Sacramento apt on I Street near 22nd Street just before 2:30 am Tuesday.
  • “And went out with some of his friends, just gotten back from the bar,” KP said. “I had to be up early, so he did wake me up. So we had some conversation.”
  • AH told her he was going to walk to a friend’s house in Natomas to spend the night. She believes he was heading toward the Sacramento Northern Bikeway trail before his phone died.
  • “He’s a long-distance marathon runner so he has done that trail before and he used to live in Natomas, so it all kind of connects,” KP told FOX40.
  • AH's parents, friends and coworkers at Amazon have not heard from him either, which his girlfriend said is not like him.
  • Police have not found anything to indicate his disappearance is suspicious.
  • His friends spent Thursday handing out flyers all around midtown Sacramento and asking for surveillance videos.

He stated that he was going to follow the Sacramento Northern Bike Trail, which he'd run before during marathons. In the daytime. With lots of people.

Instead he left to walk it at 2:30 a.m.

I used to walk that trail, but only when a large male walking companion went with me. And only in broad daylight. Homeless people more than once came out of the bushes and headed straight towards us. Compared to them the coyotes were preferable.

I'm praying for him and his family and that he's found safe.

Link to the bike trail: Sacramento Northern Bikeway | California Trails | TrailLink

I am concerned he fell in the river :(
I can think of places along the trail where you can see the river, but no where that's so close that even wandering off a bit would get you that close. There is a bridge over the river at one point, but if he was heading to Natomas, I don't think he'd have gone that way.

He stated that he was going to follow the Sacramento Northern Bike Trail, which he'd run before during marathons. In the daytime. With lots of people.

Instead he left to walk it at 2:30 a.m.

I used to walk that trail, but only when a large male walking companion went with me. And only in broad daylight. Homeless people more than once came out of the bushes and headed straight towards us. Compared to them the coyotes were preferable.

I'm praying for him and his family and that he's found safe.

Yes when I first moved here I was looking for apartments right near the trail and I was super excited and told the leasing agent I wanted to be able to run and walk to downtown on the trail and she told me it was way too dangerous and I shouldn’t plan on doing that (ended up leasing in midtown instead). There've been a lot of attacks on the trails by the river here. I’m really hoping he just got some sort of injury and is stuck in the bushes and will be found soon but I have a bad feeling :( Especially if he was inebriated I feel he could’ve fallen in or been easily pushed in if he was mugged

So there's been several local news stories about him today. Someone who seems to know him is saying that a private detective has been hired (on Reddit, so don't know if that's true or not), flyers have been posted.

But not one word of taking a ton of people and just walking the trail and beating the bushes.

They're saying on the news that his phone died, but no mention of the last location before it died. I'm wondering if there's a bit more to the story that isn't being made public.

Still hoping for the best.

Son of Two Greene County Judges Missing in California
[...]

“He has never done this before and we are very concerned for him,” Judge Holden told OI in an email Thursday night. Judge Holden is heading tonight to Sacramento from a vacation trip to Australia, while Judge Palmietto and her husband are also en route to California.

[...]

It was noted that Holden is “an avid long distance runner” and that he had made the trip to the intended destination many times.

Friends posted on Reddit they’ve been searching for him and have checked area hospitals. They also noted his bank account has shown no activity since that night. In addition, friends said it was extremely uncharacteristic of Holden to disappear without telling anyone where he would be going ahead of time.

In addition to the police investigation and search, a private investigator has also been hired to look into Holden’s disappearance.

[...]

So there's been several local news stories about him today. Someone who seems to know him is saying that a private detective has been hired (on Reddit, so don't know if that's true or not), flyers have been posted.

But not one word of taking a ton of people and just walking the trail and beating the bushes.

They're saying on the news that his phone died, but no mention of the last location before it died. I'm wondering if there's a bit more to the story that isn't being made public.

Still hoping for the best.
This is MOO but I’m not sure when it was realized he was truly missing, it could have been quite recent, in the last 24 hours even.

I hope that someone can organize a search party quickly.

Son of Two Greene County Judges Missing in California
[...]

“He has never done this before and we are very concerned for him,” Judge Holden told OI in an email Thursday night. Judge Holden is heading tonight to Sacramento from a vacation trip to Australia, while Judge Palmietto and her husband are also en route to California.

[...]

It was noted that Holden is “an avid long distance runner” and that he had made the trip to the intended destination many times.

Friends posted on Reddit they’ve been searching for him and have checked area hospitals. They also noted his bank account has shown no activity since that night. In addition, friends said it was extremely uncharacteristic of Holden to disappear without telling anyone where he would be going ahead of time.

In addition to the police investigation and search, a private investigator has also been hired to look into Holden’s disappearance.

[...]
Well it sounds like his family and friends are pulling out all the stops. Good on them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back