Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for her family

Breaking: Body of a white female located in shallow grave behind house in Hueytown

The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office arrived on the scene around 11:30 a.m. on Friday. A white van pulled behind the house and left the scene at 12:50 p.m. At approximately 12:57 p.m. Bessemmer Cutoff District District Attorney Lynneice Washington and the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office confirmed that a body of a white female was discovered in a shallow grave.

No additional details have been released.

Oh no! This was not the news we were hoping for. Regardless of who this poor woman is, I am heart broken for the family. :( If this is Paighton, I am at least thankful her family will get some answers and closure. MOO

I’m confused.
They found the remains based off a tip. So they have to have some answers. What do they mean they have more questions than answers? And what makes this case so bizarre and complicated. Thinking out load.

ETA: and don’t They normally say “we have reason to believe it’s ....” or something along those lines?

I’m confused.
They found the remains based off a tip. So they have to have some answers. What do they mean they have more questions than answers? And what makes this case so bizarre and complicated. Thinking out load.
Probably police BS. They like to make criminals feel like they know nothing so the don't bolt.

I’m confused.
It is still in early stages of investigation since finding the body. A tip lead them there but could have been vague. Maybe bizarre and complicated because of initial info given? But that alone is a question. How, why, when did she get there? What happened to victim (who is still not identified)? These are just a few of a thousand initial questions I have.
ETA: And LE has a million technical questions on top of it.

Interesting that there is just one car outside the house now. I would have expected forensics to be in that house for days. It makes me wonder if whoever killed her simply buried her there knowing that the property was vacant and secluded? They may have never been in the house.

<modsnip>

This female was wrapped up & recovered instact so I doubt they unwrapped her on scene too much. If this is Paighton it wont be a hard identification, IMO.
IMOO, The body being wrapped up leads me to believe the person knew her. Also, the person(s) involved in her death/burial can be connected to her somehow, IMOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh this is so sad :( If this is Paighton (and I feel like it will end up being her), I am devastated for her family right now. They're in my thoughts.
So many unbearable aspects. Will my child be found? Is she hurt, scared, day after night after day. Then having to wonder is this my child at the beginning of the search last night? And if it's not? Ugh, my heart goes out to all families that suffer this tragedy. JMO

It is still in early stages of investigation since finding the body. A tip lead them there but could have been vague. Maybe bizarre and complicated because of initial info given? But that alone is a question. How, why, when did she get there? What happened to victim (who is still not identified)? These are just a few of a thousand initial questions I have.
ETA: And LE has a million technical questions on top of it.
I feel that they pressured the co-workers and one of them cracked and has told them what happened. I think the "two black men" story was just BS and police knew that. I think the house of cards will tumble by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire