CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoGirl

Reaction score
I only watched a few minutes of the Oxygen special where Tammy talked about giving him the idea to blame Shanann. I understand her priority was to locate Shanann at the time. But hadn't they already located Shanann's burial site by that point and seen Bella's hair on the hatch as well as noticing both hatches had been opened recently?

I still don't understand why CW wasn't at least held for questioning during the wellness check and the home secured as a probable crime scene. Since the front door was latched from the inside and the car and car seats were still in the garage, it should have been obvious that the only way they left that house was in his truck. The neighbor's security camera would have picked up Shanann's leaving through the garage with the girls.

On top of all that CW was acting very suspicious, especially when watching the security footage at Nate's. CW even said during the prison interview and in a letter to Cadle that he thought the jig was up right then. If only they had looked at the footage more closely then and identified what was likely him picking up Bella and putting her into the truck. Even if they had just bluffed him knowing that he was walking back and forth loading his truck, he admitted that he would have completely spilled the beans right then.

And did LE seriously need Frank Rzucek to tell them to check the truck GPS????

IIRC, Nate also told the detectives that CW knew about the camera angle because he asked for some footage a couple weeks beforehand, using the lie that his truck had been broken into as an excuse. Given that CW knew what the camera would pick up and her car was was still in the garage, he thought he was already busted.

Doesn't it stand to reason that he had a plan to dispose of her car, but didn't count on the wellness check? I don't believe he has ever been questioned about his plans for her car, which could turn up whether he had an accomplice or not.
MOO

BBM, this part horrifies me every time, the tape of seeing her little shadow run up to him, and him bundling her into the car with her dead mother... why did he carry on and kill his girls??? He has 45 minutes drive to think and stop and he killed them anyway. It literally breaks my heart to think of what those poor girls went through in their last hours. I come on and off this thread, of all the cases I've followed this one just breaks me every time. The only solace I take from it is if there is a heaven, Shanann has her 3 babies with her and he can never hurt them or anybody else again MOO

The clock has just struck 12 here in the UK.
Shanann, Bella, Cece and Nico you are on my mind as we enter 2020. As are the Rzucek Family. Will never get my head around why he did this. Has your Christmas been a merry one CW? Is your new year full of prospects? Just like 2018 was supposed to be such a happy year for your family but you ripped that apart and killed them all at your own hand. May your year be miserable and your Christmas have been ******.

Rest in peace to the 4 angels we never knew yet grew to love after they were gone. We will carry your light always.
Such a beautiful sentiment, not ashamed to admit it made me cry :(

Somewhere I saw that about a movie and was sickened. Filthy opportunists making money off of this tragedy.

I wish the victim’s families could at least have a say in whether these books, TV movies or movies could be made by selling the rights to the story. I can’t imagine being a parent and having my daughter and Grandchildren murdered and then TV movies are made from my tragedy and book authors also make money and having absolutely no say whatsoever in it. It makes me sick.

Last edited:
Thank you to whomwver recommended the YT channel for True Crimes in Colorado. These are really well done and I hadn't known about them before.
Also finally got to hear that creepy giggling by NK. Seriously, gives me a very incomfortable feeling. That is just not "normal" and has major horror movie vibes.

I admit to watching this type of show (the Lifetime movie) in the past but for some reason it really feels different with Shannan. I think because of the family's public plea for peace? I admit to having watched the Elizabeth Smart one and Diane Downs...Susan Smith.... My friend in high school acted in the role of the 'rape victim' in another. But this time it's too much for me. Weird.

Despite my post last week I did watch the Oxygen episode of Criminal Confessions, because of the people involved in telling the story. Hearing from the neighbor about Bella's and Cece's personalities was so sweet. The detectives and DA were all top notch, very professional, and at the same time showed a lot of empathy.

I LOVED the video of Tammy starting off the polygraph with all those warnings to stupid CW. I had previously only seen an edited version of it that was much shorter. She was great, putting him through the wringer and messing with his head. Astounding, how spectacularly he failed.

I thought RW showed no emotion at all about his grandchildren, daughter-in-law and soon to be grandson being dead. That whole conversation with CW sounded rehearsed IMO.
I agree with all of the above. And, IMO, this was a textbook case on how law enforcement works. I believe students will study this case for some time to come. I don’t think they could have done a better job than they did, and at great personal costs to themselves.

I still think all women need a friend like Shannan’s friend who trusted her gut and insisted that police get involved right away.
RSBM.

Amen to that. And that, alone, is ample proof that everything the Watts have said about Shanann is false, IMO. The kind of person they describe doesn’t have friends like NA.

I agree with all of the above. And, IMO, this was a textbook case on how law enforcement works. I believe students will study this case for some time to come. I don’t think they could have done a better job than they did, and at great personal costs to themselves.

I watch many older crime shows and current ones that do interviews, and after seeing this case and it's video interview, I cringe when they are doing the interviews and judge them as to what they are doing wrong and thinking they could have gotten a confession if only they did what Tammy and the FBI did with this case. Nail them in to an excuse for what they did, then work from there.

MOO

Thank you to whomwver recommended the YT channel for True Crimes in Colorado. These are really well done and I hadn't known about them before.
Also finally got to hear that creepy giggling by NK. Seriously, gives me a very incomfortable feeling. That is just not "normal" and has major horror movie vibes.
I believe it was me who recommended them. I think their series on NK is great. There's another coming! I'm glad you liked them.

Every single person who has met Shannan said she was a cool chick except for the Watts...even Chris' friends who were tainted Chris' opinions said that she was always nice to them.
With that delay between the first partial confession and the plea (and discovery), the Watts were able to get their narrative out there with the help of several prominent social media sites who held watch fests making fun of her and blaming her for the murders. But it's hard to rework an early narrative, after podcasts like Murder Rap Sesh (We were allowed to talk about that here and it's gone anyway) became popular overnight and they slammed SW. One of the owners of that podcast even said that the first time she saw CW on the porch interview she thought he was cute and had great white teeth. And, she added, she hated Shanann instantly. (roughly podcast 6 is when the bashing started, and ended with the fake autopsy about 16)

That is how the narrative got set but now with the help of Cindy Watts' horrible interviews burning SW, I think any interested person knows where the whole "anti" thing came from. And then OMG all my broken pieces. And I think it's faded away, the virulent anti-Shanann sources have pretty much self imploded. (IMO)

If Sandi really is writing a book, I will read it. I would like to hear more about Shanann the person, growing up, teen, younger 20's. Making a real estate investment at some 23 years, living rent free for several years, and re-selling the house without a loss is remarkable, IMO. In the middle of the deepest housing crisis and recession since the 1930's depression

None of those people met her thanks to CW. I still can't understand anyone who believed that first confession. Deep down in my soul I know Grandpa Watts knew that was a pile of caca too - and he slipped up in the interrogation room too because he knew the real COD.

With that delay between the first partial confession and the plea (and discovery), the Watts were able to get their narrative out there with the help of several prominent social media sites who held watch fests making fun of her and blaming her for the murders. But it's hard to rework an early narrative, after podcasts like Murder Rap Sesh (We were allowed to talk about that here and it's gone anyway) became popular overnight and they slammed SW. One of the owners of that podcast even said that the first time she saw CW on the porch interview she thought he was cute and had great white teeth. And, she added, she hated Shanann instantly. (roughly podcast 6 is when the bashing started, and ended with the fake autopsy about 16)

That is how the narrative got set but now with the help of Cindy Watts' horrible interviews burning SW, I think any interested person knows where the whole "anti" thing came from. And then OMG all my broken pieces. And I think it's faded away, the virulent anti-Shanann sources have pretty much self imploded. (IMO)

If Sandi really is writing a book, I will read it. I would like to hear more about Shanann the person, growing up, teen, younger 20's. Making a real estate investment at some 23 years, living rent free for several years, and re-selling the house without a loss is remarkable, IMO. In the middle of the deepest housing crisis and recession since the 1930's depression

I imagine this must be a difficult day for the Rzucek family. Holding them close in thought and prayer.

Thinking of you also, @Colorado303. (((Hugs)))

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Shannan.

g10016.gif
g06044.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads