CONVICTION OVERTURNED MS - Four people killed in Tardy Furniture shooting, Winona, 16 July 1996

Noted North Carolina attorney to join Curtis Flowers' defense team

OCT 3, 2019

"With the possibility of a seventh trial looming, Curtis Flowers' defense team is adding to its ranks.

Attorneys for the Mississippi man, whose conviction and death sentence were reversed by the U.S. Supreme Court in June, announced Thursday that North Carolina lawyer Henderson Hill will join their team. Hill is a longtime opponent of capital punishment with expertise in death penalty trials and appeals....

"The justice system's serial abuse of Curtis Flowers — poor, black and innocent — must and will stop," Hill said in a statement. "I am honored to work ... to achieve that to which Mr. Flowers is so deeply entitled: a full measure of justice and vindication."..."

Noted North Carolina attorney to join Curtis Flowers' defense team

Onetime Mississippi death row inmate Curtis Flowers made bail Monday after spending 23 years in prison, despite six murder trials that either resulted in hung juries or saw their convictions later vacated by higher courts.

Judge Joseph Loper set Flowers' bail at $250,000. Defense attorneys had requested a bail of no more than $25,000, while prosecutors requested bail be denied. Flowers posted bail hours later, according to the Mississippi Center for Justice, which is helping represent Flowers, and the Winston Choctaw County Regional Correctional Facility.

He will have to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet while he waits to learn if he will be tried a seventh time, the order granting bail says.

Curtis Flowers posts bail after 23 years and 6 trials that ended in mistrial or overturned convictions - CNN

I'm disappointed that I can't seem to find where anyone here actually read the court transcripts or took a look at this case beyond what has been fed by a biased (and completely incomplete) podcast and media.

There is soooooo much more to this.

And the Supreme court didn't overturn because of evidence or lack thereof. They overturned because they didnt agree with jury selection.

There's a mountain of evidence against Flowers and a reason why 4 or 5 MIXED RACE juries found him guilty. A total of 70 jurors heard all the evidence and still determined he was guilty. Even without any statements from any witnesses the case is sooooo easy it's ridiculous.
I would love to see an honest unbiased discussion of actual evidence.

I'm disappointed that I can't seem to find where anyone here actually read the court transcripts or took a look at this case beyond what has been fed by a biased (and completely incomplete) podcast and media.

There is soooooo much more to this.

And the Supreme court didn't overturn because of evidence or lack thereof. They overturned because they didnt agree with jury selection.

There's a mountain of evidence against Flowers and a reason why 4 or 5 MIXED RACE juries found him guilty. A total of 70 jurors heard all the evidence and still determined he was guilty. Even without any statements from any witnesses the case is sooooo easy it's ridiculous.
I would love to see an honest unbiased discussion of actual evidence.

Could you link or send me the link for where you got the court transcripts? I would be interested in reading them. Thanks!

Could you link or send me the link for where you got the court transcripts? I would be interested in reading them. Thanks!

I'm sorry i'm just now seeing this.

It's been awhile since I read them and i deleted any I had saved from my phone because I thought I could easily access them again later online.
I'll see what I can find. I want to say they aren't easy to find just looking for court records of the actual trial but they're linked with the appeals docs that are filed with court and attached to MSM articles. My memory is just crap sometimes so I can't exactly recall.
I'll look for them when I have a chance.

I have no doubt that the District Attorney is unethical and should have recused himself from the case. I think the judge should have well. That being said, I have some reservations about saying Curtis is not guilty.

I have no doubt that the District Attorney is unethical and should have recused himself from the case. I think the judge should have well. That being said, I have some reservations about saying Curtis is not guilty.

What is it about the DA that you think is unethical? I'm not arguing your point I'm just trying to understand your premise.

What is it about the DA that you think is unethical? I'm not arguing your point I'm just trying to understand your premise.

Striking jurors for being black and openly bragging having done it. Using prejudicial information and unethical questions in trial. Using jailhouse informants, filing perjury charges against a juror that found Flowers not-guilty..... He should have recused himself or been disbarred.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back