OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they not stop over to the friends house they thought he was before dinner to tell him they would be at dinner since they could not call him?
If Harley was told to leave and go home around 7pm, was there anyone to go home to there that night? He probably tagged along with his friend since school let out and was there through early evening. He might have wanted to stay at friends house but couldn’t. Then going home to an empty house. He might have really been depressed. (I remember how that goes, I had four stair step kids in five years so we always had neighborhood kids over - there were definitely times I had to politely insist kids go home when all they wanted to do was hang out here)

while researching book titles during the michael jackson trial - I clicked on a thumbnail image of the book cover I found in a link. I fell into a kiddie *advertiser censored* site- I stoppped dead in my tracks- I was terrified and reported it to center for lost & exploited children.

the internet is dangerous- especially for kids.
I compare it to dropping your kid off in NYC without supervision and expecting nothing bad to happen.

Thank you! And I think parents should be held accountable for not protecting them online.

IMO , I find it hard for HD to be gone on his own accord. HD was always on SM. Therefore broken phone was not his fault. Also you would think he would be on SM listening to his disappearance or even doing some type of video.

Haven't posted here - but have been following this case from the beginning....

KCmetwo said:
I also know that not only did he have a few issues at home, I believe he had an issue with someone on the internet. there was someone he had conflict with on reddit. There was a post where he asked the person "How the F did you find me" and the other person said something like they can always find him or something like that.

I'm pretty sure - or HOPING - if LE has not seen this on reddit - that someone has alerted them on this guy. And HOPEFULLY LE has checked him out....

Ah - I saw a post that said it was another teen. But still - you never know!

Where are you Harley??!!

In a perfect world, his sister has sought help and treatment for her damaged childhood and now she has reached out to him and wants to make it better---since she was a victim as well?

I have read sisters Facebook page and she is very very worried about Harley. Posting very frequently with pleas. I did not doubt her sincerity regarding this.

her house was searched to rule her out just in case but Ohio to Kansas is a long way so I highly doubt that he is headed there and she said herself that she thought that was unlikely because according to mom, Harley did not know sisters address.

Last edited:
Harley was a perfect choice for an online predator. :(
We have no idea who he had direct communication with or how long. I just can't get past that fact and the vast & varied LE agencies on this case. Harley could be anywhere. My mind wanders back to the very old cases when there was no internet. :(

JMHO

Good article. From it:

Police will ask a series of questions to determine what level of risk the missing person is at.

They'll take into account the person's age, whether they have a history of mental health problems, self-harm or attempted suicide, whether they've gone missing before, if they've got financial problems or are being bullied, abused, or have been the victim of a crime, as well as asking about their personal relationships.

Teen runaways falling through the gaps

These are what the police refer to as push factors - the things that might make someone want to run away.

They'll also look out for pull factors, the things that might be drawing them to someone or something else.

I have watched all of Harley's video's on his YouTube accounts where he is just talking. There has been a lot of speculation about him being on the Autism Spectrum, based upon mom's previous statements. As a retired Social Worker and Educator, I can honestly say that if he is on the spectrum, he is high functioning (what we used to refer to as Aspergers Syndrome).

This occurred to me as well, but it actually seems a little more complicated than that - ADHD with anger issues due to neglect/emotional abuse in an otherwise neurotypical albeit insular 14 year old young man.

I was thinking the same thing. I can see cell phone and other internet records being subpoenaed...but who could they be executing warrants on? I would hope anyone like the sister or the friend's parents would be consenting to a search, no warrants needed, no?

You can get permission for an intial look through, but the second you think there is anything of evidentiary value, you get a warrant.

One would hope that everyone and SM would be agreeable to help a child missing and very possibly in danger. But not sure if they will require a warrant or subpoena. Am sure they have their own protocol re privacy policy. This has sure turned into a major rabbit hole. Praying there for you Harley. JMO

Privacy laws in the US protect you, as a user of digital platforms like Facebook and Youtube, from having your data shared with any third party. It cannot come down to a single security or support individual's judgement call or good will - there must be a process and paper trail justifying the request so that evidence gained can be used in court, as granted by a professional judge. Thus the subpoena/warrant rule. This is not to say LE won't dig through a FB account they are able to access, just that a subpoena for the full record MUST be granted if a case is brought, especially as it contains info like IP addresses etc.

While police say no foul play is suspected in the missing case of Port Clinton teen Harley Dilly, the case is sparking communities like Maumee to take a sharper look at human trafficking.
I'm really glad the media covers trafficking and how to stay safe, but man I wish they would quit connecting every missing kid to trafficking. While Harley is definitely at risk for his conduct online, I would suspect he was catfshed by a single predator before being kidnapped for trafficking. He is a white kid from a middle class home with regular attendance at a public school and an internet presence. He is too risky a target for traffickers. Instead, I think this is a very sad case of a poor homelife that has contributed to Harley;s disappearance, either as a direct death or as motive for him to leave. Like most of you, I find mom to be problematic, but consider that it is probably really hard dealing with a situation like this one when your homelife is crap, your husband is an ahole, your daughter doesn't speak to you and you naturally have a witchy attitude. We've seen a lot of mothers completely whaff in the face of the public and not have anything to directly do with their kid's being missing.

If he is ever found safe in the next couple years, I do hope he gets an advocate and is given other living arrangements. I also hope CPS (for whatever good they do) get involved with the 4y/o, even if it is just to offer mom free counselling or divorce assistance. Just my judgey opinion.

This occurred to me as well, but it actually seems a little more complicated than that - ADHD with anger issues due to neglect/emotional abuse in an otherwise neurotypical albeit insular 14 year old young man.

You can get permission for an intial look through, but the second you think there is anything of evidentiary value, you get a warrant.

Privacy laws in the US protect you, as a user of digital platforms like Facebook and Youtube, from having your data shared with any third party. It cannot come down to a single security or support individual's judgement call or good will - there must be a process and paper trail justifying the request so that evidence gained can be used in court, as granted by a professional judge. Thus the subpoena/warrant rule. This is not to say LE won't dig through a FB account they are able to access, just that a subpoena for the full record MUST be granted if a case is brought, especially as it contains info like IP addresses etc.

I'm really glad the media covers trafficking and how to stay safe, but man I wish they would quit connecting every missing kid to trafficking. While Harley is definitely at risk for his conduct online, I would suspect he was catfshed by a single predator before being kidnapped for trafficking. He is a white kid from a middle class home with regular attendance at a public school and an internet presence. He is too risky a target for traffickers. Instead, I think this is a very sad case of a poor homelife that has contributed to Harley;s disappearance, either as a direct death or as motive for him to leave. Like most of you, I find mom to be problematic, but consider that it is probably really hard dealing with a situation like this one when your homelife is crap, your husband is an ahole, your daughter doesn't speak to you and you naturally have a witchy attitude. We've seen a lot of mothers completely whaff in the face of the public and not have anything to directly do with their kid's being missing.

If he is ever found safe in the next couple years, I do hope he gets an advocate and is given other living arrangements. I also hope CPS (for whatever good they do) get involved with the 4y/o, even if it is just to offer mom free counselling or divorce assistance. Just my judgey opinion.
I like your judgey well thought out informed opinion. Thanks for your efforts to address important relevant points to consider. Good post.

Port Clinton Police Department
Harley Dilly Update, Saturday, January 4th, 2020

Good Morning Friends,

Unfortunately, we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

I continue to ask that you give us a couple more days to complete the searches that we need to accomplish before you begin searching on your own. Please understand that we will be continuing to search for Harley, however I know that you want to assist as well.

Information as of December 31st, 2019;

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case has shifted from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

[QUOTE="Mandrew, post: 15688750, member: ]

As for his mother, I think she often overgeneralizes. Like her use of psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is a doctor (either and MD or DO) and they are reserved for severe mental illness such as bipolar or schizophrenia.

A teen would typically on see one if they needed medications and that could take weeks. A private session would start at $400/hr

A psychologist is has an advanced degree, either a PHD or PsyD and in Ohio they can't prescribe meds, though in some states they can.

So if he was seeing anyone it would likely be a therapist with a master degree or less common bachelor's degree.

I would think his mother might be self diagnosing some of this issues or simply using wrong terms. Then again, maybe the father has great insurance[/QUOTE]

RSBM.

Children react differently to medications than adults and if a child is prescribed more than a single medication for any mental illness, including anxiety, depression, they would be under the care of a psychiatrist. Medicaid, Allkids, medicare, county health department are all sources of medical care, including mental illness, regardless of income.

Statements such psychiatrists are 'reserved for the severely mentally ill' is not only a derogatory stereotype, it contributes to the reason those who need help fail to seek help.

I’m wondering if the reason we don’t have more images of Harley is because he was not alone in the video?

but that doesn’t make sense either ...if they needed to identify the other person

Speaking of identity...who is this Nicole person? Mentioned in the transcript of parents argument on HD video. Also mentioned in another article (cant seem to locate it) it stated and "Nicole misses you".

I have read sisters Facebook page and she is very very worried about Harley. Posting very frequently with pleas. I did not doubt her sincerity regarding this.

her house was searched to rule her out just in case but Ohio to Kansas is a long way so I highly doubt that he is headed there and she said herself that she thought that was unlikely because according to mom, Harley did not know sisters address.
Do we know how old his sister is? She moved a long.way from home. After looking at his dad's SM I am confused about him mentioning a grand child.

Glad to see that Harley's mom seems to be taking a break from social media. Her Facebook posts were either deleted or made private.

Do we know how old his sister is? She moved a long.way from home. After looking at his dad's SM I am confused about him mentioning a grand child.

I believe R(the little"brother") is her son,but her parents have custody(which I think explains the custody dispute call outs cited in the posts about police attendance to the home) All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member