Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
“idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble,”

‘I feel in trouble’: Missing Alabama woman sends alarming text to friend after leaving with two strangers

Not too long ago a young coworker of mine was headed to a party after work. She was a little uncomfortable going because although she knew her date she knew she wouldn’t know the crowd there. As a mommy figure to her, she asked me if she could enable her find your friend feature so that I would know where she was in the event something went wrong.
So I can see where PH sends an alert to a friend saying i’m Around people I don’t know and if I call answer. What bothers me about this message is she appears to be beyond the warning as she states she already feels in trouble. In that case I think my coworker and most other women would have called right then and there and not send a text saying I may be calling. Certainly the only thing past trouble is grave danger and then it’s too late to call. IMO

That's a great example and your coworker is a smart young woman.

I can't help but wonder. If the friend had immediately responded to the text, would we be discussing this case today? I'm not placing responsibility on the friend. Looking back and replaying the circumstances differently is something I find myself doing. Useless I know ...

I'm heartbroken for Paighton's family today.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed as off topic> ... in order for Paighton to go on a bender, wouldn't she have had to withdraw money from her account? It hadn't been stated if she had any cash on her, but the fact that her bank account hadn't been touched would mean that IF she had gone on a bender she was hoping for a free ride if she didn't have cash on her, OR perhaps she planned on paying a different way?? I am NOT saying that's what she did or what was planned AT ALL. I have friends that have done that and they have confessed to me it wasn't their finest hour.
BUT, with that said, I was just wondering as to how an accidental OD could occur unless 1- she had cash 2- someone else was supplying it or 3- she had other means of payment. (Even gettin it on a front with a "I'll pay ya on such and such day). All things that came to mind when the drug aspect kept coming up.
R.I.P. Paighton, fly free and help guide us to getting you Justice

Good point. Usually drug users pay money upfront for things like heroin. They may pool their resources.

That's a great example and your coworker is a smart young woman.

I can't help but wonder. If the friend had immediately responded to the text, would we be discussing this case today? I'm not placing responsibility on the friend. Looking back and replaying the circumstances differently is something I find myself doing. Useless I know ...

I'm heartbroken for Paighton's family today.
IMO, PH was probably already dead when it was sent, so the coworker being awake and instantly responding may not have saved PH. But it may have gotten her found quicker.

If someone besides PH sent that text, they had to have known the names of who she was with that night right? A random person she met AFTER leaving the bar would not know the name of the person she had been at the bar with. If I were out at a bar with my friend “Sue” and then I left on my own with strangers, how would that stranger know to text “Sue” pretending to be me? Why not scroll through my contacts and message my sister or any random friend? Unless the last text message showed messages regarding plans for the evening and the stranger picked that person?
Still trying to catch up here but I wonder, if the person who hurt/buried her did send that text, why?
Why would a person with hurtful motives, send a text to someone from her phone, warning the person that PH might be in danger? Almost seems like a brazen, catch me if you can sort of thing. It makes more sense to send a lying text that said something like "having a great time, see you in a few days" or something more misleading like that (which actually does happen, we've all followed cases I'm sure). I suppose phone company records of PH's phone as well as the friend's phone who received this text, would clear this up a little? (I realize I may have missed something, I've tried to read all the posts & articles but there's a lot to catch up on).

IMO I'm trying to not come to with any theories until we hear more from LE. The only thing we really know for sure is that she is gone and someone buried her body. So much sketchy things with the whole situation, but I don't like the thought of speculating if she was using again, if she was raped, etc. We don't know the cause of death or toxicology results. This poor girl

If someone besides PH sent that text, they had to have known the names of who she was with that night right? A random person she met AFTER leaving the bar would not know the name of the person she had been at the bar with. If I were out at a bar with my friend “Sue” and then I left on my own with strangers, how would that stranger know to text “Sue” pretending to be me? Why not scroll through my contacts and message my sister or any random friend? Unless the last text message showed messages regarding plans for the evening and the stranger picked that person?
I don't think she was with a stranger when she was killed, but I do think they'd just respond to the most recent person she was texting with. Her friend she went with was probably the last person PH herself was texting before they went to the bar since that was her ride.

‘I feel in trouble’: Missing Alabama woman sends alarming text to friend after leaving with two strangers

Not too long ago a young coworker of mine was headed to a party after work. She was a little uncomfortable going because although she knew her date she knew she wouldn’t know the crowd there. As a mommy figure to her, she asked me if she could enable her find your friend feature so that I would know where she was in the event something went wrong.
So I can see where PH sends an alert to a friend saying i’m Around people I don’t know and if I call answer. What bothers me about this message is she appears to be beyond the warning as she states she already feels in trouble. In that case I think my coworker and most other women would have called right then and there and not send a text saying I may be calling. Certainly the only thing past trouble is grave danger and then it’s too late to call. IMO

Based on her text I don’t understand why there’s such strong speculation that she died of an overdose. Just having a drug history isn’t enough for me.

I’ve found that people looking to get high with hard drugs are pretty single minded. They’re focused. Not nervous. This text makes it seem like she left with a couple of predators.

Also, how did they find the body? Did someone talk?

Or Sue herself sent the message.

The person(s) who put her there, most likely have some familiarity with the home. Related to owner, lived there at some point, friends with someone who lived there at some point, knew the house was empty, and felt comfortable about being their long enough to bury her, without attracting attention. Surely at some point in the time she was missing, there was a vehicle parked there. Hopefully someone saw it.
The friend/coworker, is mute to me. We don't know how well they knew each other. We don't know if she left the bar out of site of the friend/coworker. We don't know if there were persons as described by friend or co worker, or if they were described to her by PH, then relayed to family, or if there were even strangers at all per LE, all we know is that they could not find anyone on video matching the description. We don't know if there were conversation between her and the /coworker or if the co worker thought maybe she was grown and therefore could do what she wished and maybe it was none of their business. That person may not have gotten a good description because he/she didn't care what PH was doing. The leaving with strangers could have transpired in the parking lot and coworker only knows what she was told. The text does not seem all that far fetched for someone who feels like they are in a bad position. I have now idea what i would text if in that position, or pressed for time.

Based on her text I don’t understand why there’s such strong speculation that she died of an overdose. Just having a drug history isn’t enough for me.

I’ve found that people looking to get high with hard drugs are pretty single minded. They’re focused. Not nervous. This text makes it seem like she left with a couple of predators.

Also, how did they find the body? Did someone talk?
I'm not sure people are speculating about an OD based on the text message so much as her prior history. I think the text is hinky as can be, but I don't think it indicates she was using.

Just because a text was sent from the victim’s phone, it doesn’t mean they sent it.

Why would someone involved in either her death or in covering up her death (meaning they didn’t want to get caught) send a highly concerning text that would immediately alert the recipient to the situation and cause people to start looking and examining what happened?

That doesn’t make sense.

We’ve seen texts from other people using victim’s phones. They’re never like that. They’re always meant to deflect attention and alarm. Not to cause it.

I agree with you, in that the vague SOS call being past the bar of an 'in case trouble occurs,' message. The flight or fight response is almost a given at the point of "I feel in trouble," for anyone in general, but especially while feeling stuck in the company of strangers. The heart rate is responding at a mile a minute and panic sets in. Even, while on drugs or in the midst of illegal activity, for example Shannon's call to LE in the LISK case, life or death feeling in direct danger, having a phone and way to call the police directly would be most people's first choice, imo.

Just because a text was sent from the victim’s phone, it doesn’t mean they sent it.

This is one thing that happens so much in cases ever since the rise of texting. I can’t begin to name the number of cases where the perp sent the text pretending to be the victim. I think it’s common and standard in all these cases to question if the text sent was really sent by the victim.

Why would someone involved in either her death or in covering up her death (meaning they didn’t want to get caught) send a highly concerning text that would immediately alert the recipient to the situation and cause people to start looking and examining what happened?

That doesn’t make sense.

We’ve seen texts from other people using victim’s phones. They’re never like that. They’re always meant to deflect attention and alarm. Not to cause it.
I think it makes sense if the person wasn't a stranger to her but wanted to make it look as if she was last in the company of strangers.

To be honest, I don't really know what to think about this text. What I do know, is that LE knows exactly how to sift thru any and all digital data and determine when, and if, who sent texts to whom, and where they were, when they sent them. At this point, I suspect it was quite possibly digital tracking that lead to that abandoned house location. Of course this is entirely speculation, but it'll sure be interesting to learn the truth behind all these statements in MSM.

Still trying to catch up here but I wonder, if the person who hurt/buried her did send that text, why?
Why would a person with hurtful motives, send a text to someone from her phone, warning the person that PH might be in danger? Almost seems like a brazen, catch me if you can sort of thing. It makes more sense to send a lying text that said something like "having a great time, see you in a few days" or something more misleading like that (which actually does happen, we've all followed cases I'm sure). I suppose phone company records of PH's phone as well as the friend's phone who received this text, would clear this up a little? (I realize I may have missed something, I've tried to read all the posts & articles but there's a lot to catch up on).

100% agree. It makes no sense. Usually the texts sent by a person other than the victim are meant to stall for time or deflect. Not cause alarm.

I think it makes sense if the person wasn't a stranger to her but wanted to make it look as if she was last in the company of strangers.

I guess that’s possible. But I don’t know. Wouldn’t that person know that someone could’ve seen them leaving the bar? And why not add more detail like, “I met these two guys and they said they’d give me a ride. But they’re acting weird and I’m starting to feel afraid.” Something that actually makes it clear she’s with strangers and not a friend or associate?

Do we know how long after she left the bar that the text was sent? I’m sorry I’m behind with posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave