OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this has already been posted earlier but do we know the date that Harley last posted anywhere on social media? Have any of his YouTube videos or Facebook or IG posts been recent?
He has a live streaming YouTube video from two weeks ago that isn’t streaming now. Comments are showing up on it from concerned people. He has three or four other YouTube gaming vids from three weeks ago.

This is a heart warming story. Bless you and your kindness and understanding. Re: the puffy coat. I wish we knew what he was wearing underneath the jacket. It’s never been disclosed. I personally don’t think mom knows for sure and guessed/assumed what he was wearing.

do we know if it’s a coat or a vest?

I’ve repeatedly read COAT - he’s not wearing a puffy coat in that photo. Maybe a vest...but no way a puffy coat.

do we know if it’s a coat or a vest?

I’ve repeatedly read COAT - he’s not wearing a puffy coat in that photo. Maybe a vest...but no way a puffy coat.
LE called it a maroon puffy jacket. From the photo they show as a similar one is cutoff some on the sides so you can’t really tell if it has sleeves. So many of his vids show him without a shirt so I think he was used to going shirtless.
upload_2020-1-4_15-2-46.jpeg

If Harley has been hiding out at someone’s home that has been away for the holidays, he should be resurfacing today or tomorrow.
Harley seems to like school, and he’d want to be getting back to it, and his friends.

This theory is one heck of a long shot at this point, but I’m just not ready to give in to the conclusion of any grim (and frankly likely) outcomes.

Every now and again a subject of these threads really gets in to your heart. Harley has mine. I think despite his quirks and tribulations, he just seems like a really neat kid with a whole lot of promise.

Please, let this one come home...

Amateur opinion and speculation

All the missing posters / info say Harley is 4’9” and 101 lbs.

4’9” is unrealistically short for a 14 year old boy with no reported disabilities. (5’4” is average for boys and girls average 5’2” at that age) ?

Weird. Wonder if it’s being reported wrong?
In his school vlog, you can hear a couple of kids call him midget in the background. He didn’t seem visibly affected by it.

My son (who is Harley's age) was traveling through Port Clinton with a family member today.

He just called me like "OMG MOM! The second we saw the Port Clinton sign this helium balloon just came out of no where and got stuck in our windshield wipers.

Thought I'd share for those that believe in signs or omens.

Edited:. I taught kids who have behavioral difficulties and in some cases, their parents aren't really able to control them. The comments about police being called to help him calm down seem a bit reminiscent of that type of situation. I'm not saying those types of situations are healthy or good, but they are a reality. It also doesn't make him a bad kid. It can just be a really tough situation. The fact that he had a psychiatrist, extra emotional support at school etc. reminds me of situations I've seen, but it also says that someone was trying to get him help.

I have to admit that I'm getting a bit frustrated with how critical people are being of his mom on here - I don't have any idea if she had anything to do with him going missing, but right now, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that she did.

Her talking about needing him to sit with her during her medical procedure may be part of her trying to get him to come home. Some kids respond well to being asked to help.

I'm not saying she's perfect - either, for all I know she *is* involved in the disappearance, I'm just surprised that this is continually going so far after the family.

Reading this thread, I'm starting to think that there isn't really any enforcement on the rule here that families are considered victims. The above quote is just one example of the type of comment - I don't mean to single that poster out. I'm not sure if anything helpful to Harley is coming from these comments, either.

My opinion, only, obviously.
I agree, especially with the part about hims sitting with her during a medical procedure!

MOO because I have a 10 y/o and just had my second child. One of my 10 y/o’s favorite things during my pregnancy was helping or doing his part. He liked being my sous chef and helping me cook, or he wanted to come to doc appointments with me and hold my hand during blood draws.

We see and hear a lot about HD on his SM or behavior issues but we don’t know his home life or relationships on a regular basis. Especially with his mother having health issues previously, some kids (based on what I’ve seen in my profession) choose to take on some type of caretaker role (even if the affected parent is against it) sort of like a kid who’s parents split. “Man of the house” sort of thing. So him sitting with her during a medical procedure could have been something he did to feel like he was helping.

If this is a case where he ran away, saying that could make him feel like he is missed or like he is needed at home.
*edit to add* people not agreeing with the way his mom has worded her posts, maybe that’s just what worked for them. A little like when teaching a toddler not to hit. They don’t want to hurt you so they stop when you act hurt.
Once again just MOO

My son (who is Harley's age) was traveling through Port Clinton with a family member today.

He just called me like "OMG MOM! The second we saw the Port Clinton sign this helium balloon just came out of no where and got stuck in our windshield wipers.

Thought I'd share for those that believe in signs or omens.

How is your son handling it?

My son was 14 when a local girl went missing. Autumn Pasquale. He wanted to help, so we went to be part of the search, they were breaking people into small groups and assigning places based on a grid map. It was very crowded with volunteers as we were in line waiting for over an hour our grid map assignment- I was overwhelmed with the fear of us actually finding her....my gut told me it was gonna be bad- I withdrew us from that line and instead got in another line - to get flyers - we handed out flyers at a busy intersection all day long.
He had nightmares for awhile.
At 22 he still talks about it all the time.
It’s a struggle as a parent when your own kid is the same age and it’s local.

When our son was in High School, he called me and asked if he could bring a friend home for a few days to stay. His friend was kicked out of his home by mom and step-dad. He ended up staying for a couple of weeks (until bio-dad got an apt for him to join him). Anyway, this kid had only the clothes on his back, so my boys shared their clothes with him. It could be that HD is no longer wearing the puffy coat.
Side note: This kid is now a local LE officer and stops in my house often for bathroom breaks or to raid my fridge. I love him as my own.
How come he didn't stay longer than two weeks?

Anyone follow Gray Hughes? he is doing a live YouTube on the case timeline now. I haven’t listened to him in a very long time, so I can’t guarantee if this is worthwhile.

ETA:forget this ... he is talking about Kenneka, not Harley :mad:
ETA 2: it’s supposed to be coming after this chit-chat. Ugh

also, some FB sites are reporting scanner activity of a possible sighting in the Fremont, Ohio area. I can not verify if they are true or not. I have listened at several of the local scanner sites and heard nothing so far. (Fremont is in Sandusky County)

Last edited:
All the missing posters / info say Harley is 4’9” and 101 lbs.

4’9” is unrealistically short for a 14 year old boy with no reported disabilities. (5’4” is average for boys and girls average 5’2” at that age) ?

Weird. Wonder if it’s being reported wrong?

I have a rather itinerant job & see students in elementary & middle school in several districts. Applicable to my position, I frequently tell these smaller young men -- give yourself time!

4'9" is on the smaller side of the curve. We don't know what body type his family members tend to have.

I have no direct knowledge of HD or of HD's family.

There has been LE involvement with this family. IIRC, posters have stated that HD has been diagnosed with PTSD.

IF HD takes a prescription for ADHD, this prescription likely reduces his appetite and this reduces his growth rate. Sometimes, these medications are rotated to protect the child's growth.

Again, no knowledge of Harley, general knowledge of humans.

Still want him to walk into a fire station!

I’m trying to keep up but I’m having trouble discerning fact from rumor/FB/etc.

Is this correct?

Harley was at school on Thursday, December 19th. - Has not been confirmed by any official source.

Harley went to a friend’s house after school on that same day. - Was at friends at 7pm is all we know (not when he got there)

He was asked to go home at 7pm. Ring Cam at residence shows him leaving friends residence at 7:24pm Dec 19th per chief at presser

His friend (school?) and the friend’s family were the last to physically see and speak to Harley.
- Unknown what family is saying but this is the last sighting outside of family that LE has confirmed.

His mother said she spoke to him but did not “see” him. Unknown date/time
. - Reportedly before School on Dec 19th based on the interviewers question (she gave the time)

*His mother is employed? If not, she would be home most of the time especially with a 4 year old at home. - This has not been officially reported but it appears mom does not work outside the house based on Facebook official missing pages she has a home based business.

*Harley’s Phone is broken. How was he communicating with his mother about being at friends, when coming home, etc. Unless this is a next door neighbor friend, I’m curious about this free range arrangement. - Free arrangement seems to be the norm for this family based on things chief has said at press conferences . It was not unusual for Harley to get upset and go to a friends but only once overnight.

*His parents went to dinner with the 4 year old but without Harley?
- Unknown/ unconfirmed if "R" was with parents that evening.

*Did Harley go directly from school to the friends house?
- Unknown / Unconfirmed

I’m trying to keep up but I’m having trouble discerning fact from rumor/FB/etc.

Is this correct?

Harley was at school on Thursday, December 19th. - Has not been confirmed by any official source.

Harley went to a friend’s house after school on that same day. - Was at friends at 7pm is all we know (not when he got there)

He was asked to go home at 7pm. Ring Cam at residence shows him leaving friends residence at 7:24pm Dec 19th per chief at presser

His friend (school?) and the friend’s family were the last to physically see and speak to Harley.
- Unknown what family is saying but this is the last sighting outside of family that LE has confirmed.

His mother said she spoke to him but did not “see” him. Unknown date/time
. - Reportedly before School on Dec 19th based on the interviewers question (she gave the time)

*His mother is employed? If not, she would be home most of the time especially with a 4 year old at home. - This has not been officially reported but it appears mom does not work outside the house based on Facebook official missing pages she has a home based business.

*Harley’s Phone is broken. How was he communicating with his mother about being at friends, when coming home, etc. Unless this is a next door neighbor friend, I’m curious about this free range arrangement. - Free arrangement seems to be the norm for this family based on things chief has said at press conferences . It was not unusual for Harley to get upset and go to a friends but only once overnight.

*His parents went to dinner with the 4 year old but without Harley?
- Unknown/ unconfirmed if "R" was with parents that evening.

*Did Harley go directly from school to the friends house?
- Unknown / Unconfirmed

Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members