Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an addict. I have been sober for 8 years. I'm not saying I think she was killed just because of money. I think she possibly ended up with bad people that didn't necessarily intend to kill her when she left the bar. I am trying to account for a sober seeming text and the amount of time that passed between when she was supposedly last seen and the timing of the text.
Congrats on your sobriety! I’ve got 12 years and some change :)

I'm seeing several posts mentioning how it must have taken 2 people to dig a shallow grave, trips to WM to buy shovels, etc.
For all we know, the "hole" she has been described being buried in, could have already been there and there was no need for a shovel at all. We also don't know if there might have been a shovel leaning against the house (I mean come on, everything else on the planet was thrown around the yard, why not a shovel too?) that whoever buried her, used. It's just weird that it was described as a hole though. Maybe that's just a regional thing, I'm not sure.
Yeah, the hole threw me a bit, too. She may have even just been put in this “hole” and covered over with trash,...ugh I hate saying that.

Just randomly wondering-- In the photo of the back of the house, showing all the garbage--it appears there's a washed-out area under the steps. I wonder if there are other washouts that might have made a suitable grave?
Pretty much what I was getting at in my last comment. It's entirely possible no one needed to dig at all.

But if she was too afraid to make a phone call, why would she say she would call if she felt further in danger? That's literally what the text said. That she would call if she needed to. But why do that if you're afraid to call?

In that moment, I think she did not want to remind whoever she was with that she still had her phone. I believe, obvi IMO, she was hoping to be able to use it to call her friend for help when she was able to get away from whomever she was with.

I admit I am really really hoping this had nothing to do with PH relapsing.

That said, I'm beginning to wonder if the bar was a red herring and she never intended to go there. She did intend to go out, perhaps didn't want her family to worry, perhaps even asked her coworker/friend to alibi her if necessary.

Not unlike a teenager telling his/her parents they are spending the night at a friend's house when they are actually going to a rave.

If that happened, the coworker/friend is in a really really awkward position now.

But if she was too afraid to make a phone call, why would she say she would call if she felt further in danger? That's literally what the text said. That she would call if she needed to. But why do that if you're afraid to call?
Because you anticipate an upcoming need/opportunity to escape to a safe enough place to make a call and need a ride

Yeah, the hole threw me a bit, too. She may have even just been put in this “hole” and covered over with trash,...ugh I hate saying that.
If that were the case, I would think LE would have discovered the body easily on 1/2 PM after the dogs hit on it. MOO. I agree that the use of the word "hole" may be meaningful.

In that moment, I think she did not want to remind whoever she was with that she still had her phone. I believe, obvi IMO, she was hoping to be able to use it to call her friend for help when she was able to get away from whomever she was with.
I'm sorry, but I don't follow that reasoning. If she was concerned for her safety and felt like she could not call, it makes no sense to take the time to compose a not-short by texting standards message telling someone you will call them if you are in danger. The implication seems to be she felt like she would be in a position to call if need be. Otherwise why even text the message at all?

I just cannot shake what her brother said pertaining to the text. He said 'It doesn't sound like Paighton' or very close to those exact words per numerous MSM articles.

VERY TELLING to me from jump street.

MOO

Because you anticipate an upcoming need/opportunity to escape to a safe enough place to make a call and need a ride
But again the idea is you still think you are able to make a phone call. It doesn't make sense to me to say that she texted because she was afraid to call when her text message then says she will call. That doesn't seem like a message of real urgency or even genuinely feeling in danger--more like you are just weirded out and uncomfortable. The entire text message doesn't make sense to me.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

One of the early MSM links here quoted a PH relative referring to the friend that received the text as her "best friend."
I think the reference to "best friend" was from a family member stating it is unusual for PH not to text her family or best friend. I don't think the best friend is the "friend" that received the text. JMO

I just cannot shake what her brother said pertaining to the text. He said 'It doesn't sound like Paighton' or very close to those exact words per numerous MSM articles.

MOO

I agree, it sounds much more like what someone may text to imply PH was somewhere else and uncomfortable. But like other posters have said, if she could only text at the time, why would she ask friend to answer if she called? Makes no sense

Sorry to even post this, I have a friend that lives in Alabama, about an hour away from B'ham, she had to bury her dog, a lab, and dug the grave herself. It was a real beast because of the soil. She also had a problem with wild animals getting into it. Ended up putting big rocks on top of it so that the Coyotes and foxes wouldn't dig into it. Makes me wonder how long Paighton had been buried.

Do we know if the outside patio area of the bar open that night?

Not confirmed that I'm aware of but I think it's a possibility as accuweather reported no precipitation and temps on 12/20/19 in the normal range. I also viewed the TR bar Instagram from last December and there are several photos of the patio stage in full use during the month. MOO

MOO

I thought he said/meant it didn't sound like her because she could take care of herself?

That said, "I feel in trouble" is definitely a particular turn of phrase that not everyone in the land would use; so there's that.

I think it's sophisticated sentence structure, sort of British; and indicates the person making the statement has high intelligence. Some might disagree. We instantly understand what she means (at least I did); and it's Not Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member