Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a link to some of those interviews the media conducted with witnesses from the bar in the Savannah Spurlock case?

The news is not about information or solving a case, they're about viewership and viewership comes from emotion not data. That's why they put the families on and now the gruesome details.
Good point.

I have not been following this case until poor Paighton's remains were found. But I have questions.

I'll just ask one. Did the coworker she rode with to the bar ever try to contact her to see how she was going to get home that night? Or did she just shrug and say, oh, she left with two guys so I'm not going to worry about it?

It seems weird to me. Even if I gave a ride to a coworker that I didn't know well (and AFAIK we don't know how close Paighton and the CW were), I wouldn't just leave someone knowing that they were depending on me for a ride and go home without knowing they had another ride.

Okay, two. In situations like this we usually see statements from people like the bartenders or other patrons of the Tin Roof about remembering seeing the victim. I haven't seen any such thing. Again I'm late to the case so maybe there have been such statements. But if not--why? Paighton was a pretty woman with a fabulous head of hair who, according to her family, lit up a room when she walked into it. But no one remembers her being there?

Nor have we seen any such statements from people who remember the two black guys being there. Long before there were security cameras, there were eyewitnesses. But there aren't any?

I did a google street view mosey down the street where the body was found. It reminds me of the road my parents live on in a rural area in a different state. Not the richest area but the homes are well taken care of and where my parents live. most everyone knows everyone else on the road. I find the idea that this home became a trap house within weeks of its elderly occupant moving out, and the neighbors didn't notice or didn't report it to the police, unbelievable.

That being said, where DID all that trash come from?

IMO the dump site is going to be the key to all this.

One last thought. Someone on thread #2 referenced this and I agree. The "two black men" story reminds me of Susan Smith's story about a black man who carjacked her car with her two children in it when she had killed them herself. "Some random black guy" has been used to deflect by people from her to Charles Stuart.

I'm not accusing the CW of anything. But I have questions.

She and her friend had a fight. She left with the guys, possibly to go bar hopping. She realized it was a bad move, and the phrase 'I feel in trouble' didn't refer to her being scared, rather she felt she was in trouble with her friend as a result of the prior fight and wanted assurance her friend would respond if she called her....a sort of amend for the prior tiff they had earlier.....ALL SPECULATION on my part!

I've been following this case from the beginning and I've never seen MSN report that PH had a fight with anyone let alone her co-worker that she carpooled with to the ba. (Same goes for her debit card found on the bar floor).

Do you have an approved WS link for this statement or is this something derived from social media. Perhaps this made it to MSN after PH body was located and I've missed it? Nonetheless, I'd like to read it. TIA.

I've been following this case from the beginning and I've never seen MSN report that PH had a fight with anyone let alone her co-worker that she carpooled with to the ba. (Same goes for her debit card found on the bar floor).

Do you have an approved WS link for this statement or is this something derived from social media. Perhaps this made it to MSN after PH body was located and I've missed it? Nonetheless, I'd like to read it. TIA.
Stated as all speculation

I think it’s far more probable than not, that we’re looking at a homicide.

Obviously they will perform toxicology, but I don’t see that being a holdup here. Not if the autopsy reveals a clear cause of death.

Anyone hear anything about an autopsy?

Not yet. I'm really curious on all of it but MOD right now.
Let's go Patriots!!

MOO

Until LE says anything, we're essentially spinning our wheels on 3 things;

1) What was the role of the friend, if any?
2) Who sent the text? If PH sent it, what was the context when she sent it.
3) Who did it?

I feel like I've never seen a thread with so much...nothing? Not in a negative way, but we're really just at a roadblock until LE gives us more info.
I remember a similar cycle of nothing and theories in Libby &Abby's case. We had a photo and audio to discuss but ultimately no answers.
Heidi Broussard and Dulce Alavez are pages upon pages of “nothing” but everyone trying so hard to help with no leads.
This was true in Danielle Stislicki and Abby&Libby's cases, too. We had more info with A&L (photo and audio) but still no resolution after several years. And threads upon threads of discussion...

This isn’t the same situation, and I don’t live in Alabama, but I lost a family member in a car accident last month. The other driver was at fault, and is suspected to have been under the influence of some type of substance. It is an open criminal investigation, and we were told 6 months for toxicology reports. They did say that the harder the family pushes the prosecutor the quicker we will see results. We were a little confused by that.
Just wanted to say I am so very sorry for your family's loss.

I have another question. I'm going back and rereading early reports. Has it been confirmed that the person PH rode to the bar with was the same person she texted with the trouble message?

I don't think she was in that bar and here's why: Local media is hungry for news and this story was immediately big news. They would have interviewed the bartender, waitresses and anyone else who could give them a scoop and something to write and there are always people who love to talk and be on the news. None of that has happened.
I was thinking the exact same earlier. Not too long ago there was a case here of a missing young woman who was a server in a stripper bar. (I cannot for the life of me remember her name!) I can recall everyone from the bartenders to bouncers to gas station patrons that thought they saw her, being interviewed. It struck me to today that this just isn't happening in this case, because there's no story? Meaning... no one at this bar either saw her or knew her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko