Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much until LE descended on the location Thursday afternoon, it was a missing persons case - maybe endangered missing person. Usually, when there is any video footage of the person when she was last known to be seen, it is released as quickly as possible so people can get an actual picture of what the person looked like when they disappeared. This is so important because females especially change their hair A LOT. If you only saw a picture of Paighton with her hair curly, that's what you thought she looked like. But if the video shows it straight, or in a messy bun, that's important for folks that were there that night to trigger their memory. Clothing is important too. If they were wearing a TN Volunteers shirt, and you hated the Volunteers, you might remember the girl wearing it when you saw it on the news. The sooner they get that image out - the more they get that image shared - the better chance they can find the person safe. I think they knew as soon as the day the family filed the missing person report that she was not there. To my knowledge, they never even described what PH supposedly wore to the TR. So they were already past the suspects that were described. They strategically release what they want to the public to help their investigation, not because we deserve an update. When the media and public kept asking about the video, they had to answer something so we knew they had it. They said they did not see guys matching that description on video and did not see anything that helped their investigation. If they confirmed that they did not see PH and friend on the video then we would all immediately go to the next step of where DID she go? They were ahead of us all along but did not need us complicating an already complicated case. So while they were piecing it together and interviewing behind the scenes, even scoping out sites without us butting in, they bought themselves 2 weeks. MHO

“Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

If I received that text from a “Friend”, Dam sure I’d be calling! However, the “Friend” said she didn’t get the text until the next morning. I wonder if she called her that morning?
But she went home to bed with the “friends” car at her house. AI guess phone records will show all call.
Everyone here is focusing on ph so called friend/s. I'm focusing on dna from the fabric she was wrapped in. If a bedsheet, whose? Wrapped up and transported to eventual grave, when?

Bedsheet/Cloth from the home? JMO

This is a very good point and I meant to mention this earlier re: Hannah Graham. I would add this point as a strong counter against what I just rambled on about re: the “absence of confirmation....”
The fact that LE hasn't released more information can point to a possibility that they know who is involved, but they need more evidence to charge them, so -- they don't want to tip their hand until they get more info to make a solid case to make the arrest.

If that makes any sense.

The fact that they haven't done so can point to a possibility that they know who is involved, but they need more evidence to charge them, so they don't want to tip their hand until they get more info.

If that makes any sense.
I think this is likely to be true. They may have video evidence of something but they may be playing the role of not having anything, it being so complicated, more questions than answers, etc to not tip off any unnamed POIs.

Pretty much until LE descended on the location Thursday afternoon, it was a missing persons case - maybe endangered missing person. Usually, when there is any video footage of the person when she was last known to be seen, it is released as quickly as possible so people can get an actual picture of what the person looked like when they disappeared. This is so important because females especially change their hair A LOT. If you only saw a picture of Paighton with her hair curly, that's what you thought she looked like. But if the video shows it straight, or in a messy bun, that's important for folks that were there that night to trigger their memory. Clothing is important too. If they were wearing a TN Volunteers shirt, and you hated the Volunteers, you might remember the girl wearing it when you saw it on the news. The sooner they get that image out - the more they get that image shared - the better chance they can find the person safe. I think they knew as soon as the day the family filed the missing person report that she was not there. To my knowledge, they never even described what PH supposedly wore to the TR. So they were already past the suspects that were described. They strategically release what they want to the public to help their investigation, not because we deserve an update. When the media and public kept asking about the video, they had to answer something so we knew they had it. They said they did not see guys matching that description on video and did not see anything that helped their investigation. If they confirmed that they did not see PH and friend on the video then we would all immediately go to the next step of where DID she go? They were ahead of us all along but did not need us complicating an already complicated case. So while they were piecing it together and interviewing behind the scenes, even scoping out sites without us butting in, they bought themselves 2 weeks. MHO
This may be the best post I have read all day!

The following is all speculation.
PH actually left with the reported two guys.
Friend knows her history so was not alarmed about her leaving with the them
PH relapsed and was doing drugs.
PH overdosed.
The two black guys realize they are in AL and have a dead young white girl. They panic and bury the body.
Thoughts?

This entire theory rests on the premise that black guys = drugs.

Also that PH would leave a bar with two heavy-set men she didn't know. Their race doesn't matter for this reasoning.

PH wasn't a child lacking the brain development to know this was a very bad idea. She was 29 years old.

Also assumes she was so desperate for drugs that she disregarded her own safety to go with those guys. It's easy to assume that a recovering addict was using again, but AFAIK nothing of the sort has been reported. Until I see confirmed evidence that she had relapsed, I am not going to assume it.

As has been stated numerous times with regard to this case, accessories to an accidental lethal overdose don't typically bother to bury their dead. Much less wrap them in ...whatever it was she was wrapped in.

This is what the text allegedly said:

“Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

I can’t read this and think that she’s talking about a relapse. The danger appears to be from the people she says she doesn’t know. That’s why she mentioned them, providing context to her last sentence “I feel in trouble.”

I continue to believe that it is unlikely she wrote this text, and that these men even exist.
This is pretty much what I’m thinking. Not that it says much...I’m usually firmly on the fence (90%), or flat out wrong (7%). It’s not too often my gut is correct (Heidi Broussard, Jayme C., Sierah Joughin and Mickey Shunick are about it).

Agreed! Do we have a link or links to read this?
I'm sorry, Warwick7, I saw it on one of the sites that don't fall into the MSM (mainstream media?) category. Wish I could disclose it, but no...

Took a few days off and this thread ballooned. How very sad. Prayers go out to the family.

All my very own opinion from the cases I've followed here. We have VERY SCANT information. Inevitably, because we have no where else to go, we start tearing apart the little information we do have, thereby getting sidetracked. Mickey Shunick and her friend comes to mind. Holly Bobo and her brother. Brittanee Drexel and her friends. Paighton Houston and her coworker. I get it. This site is all about speculating and conjecture and what else are we supposed to speculate about than the facts we are given.

Yes, personally, I think the most likely case here is that she went to the bar with friends, for whatever reason decided to leave with a couple of guys she met, after she left either their demeanor changed or they introduced her to others where it set off her hinky meter enough to text but since nothing "wrong" had actually been done yet, didn't see the need to dial 911. When the guys didn't get what it was they were looking for, well the worst happened. Even though I think that is the most likely, I'm certainly open to the possibility of the coworkers involvement BUT I need some sort of evidence that would point me in that direction. Heck, I'm open to the possibility to the guy in the van with a cage did it but I have to have some evidence to point me in that direction. However, until LE tells us more, the only evidence I do have is that Paighton was last seen with 2 men that the coworker did not recognize.

This deceased man was reported missing by his family. He was ultimately found after a confession by his friend after cleaning up the drugs at the home before a police drug raid. I'm not sure if he felt guilty or was just fearful of being caught. I looked on WS and didn't see a missing page for Brandon Boone but this is his story. I'm also not implying anything here whatsoever except showing a case of a unique recent situation that most people have not heard of.
'I didn't handle it correctly': Man claims he buried friend in backyard after fatal overdose

The following is all speculation.
Rsbm / BBM:
The two black guys realize they are in AL and have a dead young white girl. They panic and bury the body.
Thoughts?

Laying it out on the table, this ain’t no lie, mooooooooooo (@cody22), jmo. Meaning, I can’t disagree with this. In other words, reality is a you know what sometimes and I don’t find this to be implausible as to how the individuals may have felt at the time, if this is the case. Secondly, even aside from the racial aspects mentioned above, if they provided the drugs, well, they may fear manslaughter charges, etc. in addition to drug charges. Whatever the case, there could be a number of reasons why they didn’t call LE. It’s likely they could have prior records, warrants, anything like that.

And the first thing I thought of was how the end of sentence 1 contidicts sentence 2.
Wouldn't it sound better saying:
These guys scare me. PICK UP YOUR PHONE! Im in trouble!

That's certainly another way of saying the same thing. Of course, if she texted that instead, I could argue that it would make more sense to text "I screwed up. I'm scare. Pick up your phone"

BTW - Someone earlier made a comment about idk being an indication that whoever sent the text was younger than Paighton. I'm going to bet that there are a few people here older than Paighton that have used BBM, MOO, SBM and yes...BTW.

Took a few days off and this thread ballooned. How very sad. Prayers go out to the family.

All my very own opinion from the cases I've followed here. We have VERY SCANT information. Inevitably, because we have no where else to go, we start tearing apart the little information we do have, thereby getting sidetracked. Mickey Shunick and her friend comes to mind. Holly Bobo and her brother. Brittanee Drexel and her friends. Paighton Houston and her coworker. I get it. This site is all about speculating and conjecture and what else are we supposed to speculate about than the facts we are given.

Yes, personally, I think the most likely case here is that she went to the bar with friends, for whatever reason decided to leave with a couple of guys she met, after she left either their demeanor changed or they introduced her to others where it set off her hinky meter enough to text but since nothing "wrong" had actually been done yet, didn't see the need to dial 911. When the guys didn't get what it was they were looking for, well the worst happened. Even though I think that is the most likely, I'm certainly open to the possibility of the coworkers involvement BUT I need some sort of evidence that would point me in that direction. Heck, I'm open to the possibility to the guy in the van with a cage did it but I have to have some evidence to point me in that direction. However, until LE tells us more, the only evidence I do have is that Paighton was last seen with 2 men that the coworker did not recognize.

Agreed, there is scant info, and we do tend to over-analyze even the smallest bits of information. I know I do! :p

However, I don't know that we truly have as "evidence" that she was seen with 2 men at all. While it may be completely true, it could well be hearsay or a story at this point, too. We just don't know, unfortunately.

One thing I have seen a few references to: was the house where she was found once owned by an officer of some sort or did an officer live nearby the empty house? I've also seen reports (MSM) that it was simply an "elderly man." Trying to clarify that bit, but it might be an unknown at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members