OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted earlier, I have seen these cases for years. It never bodes well when we are two weeks out in a missing persons case and we still do not know the basic facts about the disappearance.

Confusing facts:
1. Was the phone broken and when?
2. Was the phone taken away for discipline? If so, when?
3. What time did Harley leave for school? Just after 6am...or closer to 7am?
4. What was Harley wearing? Burgundy puffy jacket or vest..or something else?
5. Was Harley in school on Thursday?
6. What time did Harley arrive home on Thursday night?
7. Was Harley actually seen after he got home on Thursday night?
8. How many times did Harley go home on Thursday to bathe?
9. Was Harley actually seen by anyone in the family before he left for school Friday morning?
10. Did Harley have access to any other devices, aside from his phone, whereby he could access social media contacts before he left home on Friday morning?

Last edited:
As I posted earlier, I have seen these cases for years. It never bodes well when we are two weeks out in a missing persons case and we still do not know the basic facts about the disappearance.

Confusing facts:
2. Was the phone taken away for discipline?
8. Was Harley actually seen by anyone in the family before he left for school Friday morning?
bbm

Interested in # 7 & 8.

I didn't hear that he went to meed someone. It wasn't in what I found and posted. If that's the case there are BIGGER issues. who did he go to meet, why meet them and where did he initially set this up

I think my comment was in response to a different poster about the link.
Live PD on A&E on Twitter: "MISSING: #LivePDNation if you have any information to help us find Harley Dilly please call 1-800-843-5678. #LivePD https://t.co/5wYzc3fgBE" / Twitter

He may have been going to meet someone ?
If so --that's important. No new leads and the clothing description isn't 100% solid, either.
Too many unknowns.

Could have bought a phone at the store
Gotten a phone from a friend

REALLY?

Confusing facts:
9. Was Harley actually seen by anyone in the family before he left for school Friday morning?

I hate to say it but I would have to agree on the "not knowing basic facts" part. I can make an example but it would be in VERY bad taste as it's being investigated still. That individual went missing on 12/20 as well and sadly they just found her deceased.
As for #5 classmates and friends said he wasn't in the afternoon classes I believe, but they haven't verified that in MSM as of yet.

Confusing facts:

Exactly. Earlier today I was thinking that LE MUST have these answers already and not be releasing them but after watching Live PD I'm afraid they are focused WAY too much on that surveillance video being him and being conclusive evidence that he walked a certain way / etc.

It's also REALLY confusing to me that if this surveillance camera caught him leaving at 6:08AM how would they NOT know more of the time line otherwise? The surveillance cam just glitched the night before when he came home? When he was coming / going on Thursday ?

What is the truth about anything ??? *bangs head on desk*
The phone was broken a week before, no it was taken away the morning he went missing and that's what caused him to leave and now ... It was broken that morning at the house.

Is there some secret detective method that I am not aware of that includes literally contradicting everything you report in the next reporting ?
There's going to be some sore foreheads around here. :p

Trying not to blame msm too much as they're reporting on the information given to them.

Who is changing the facts or giving faulty information ? Imo.

I think my comment was in response to a different poster about the link.
Live PD on A&E on Twitter: "MISSING: #LivePDNation if you have any information to help us find Harley Dilly please call 1-800-843-5678. #LivePD https://t.co/5wYzc3fgBE" / Twitter

He may have been going to meet someone ?
If so --that's important. No new leads and the clothing description isn't 100% solid, either.
Too many unknowns.
Oh I agree and I went back and listened to the last part of what I was watching and heard it abt the COULD BE meeting someone. Even the LEO's are speculating at this point in time and that's not a good sign. It's almost like they are saying "well boys we F'd this one up big time let's pull answers from our butt that might fit a narrative" BUT, it isn't their fault because the parents didn't notice for 41 hours.

If Harley was not in school on Thursday afternoon, where could he have been? Was he sick on Thursday and that carried over into Friday? Was he skipping school on Thursday to meet someone?

To all the headbangers at least put a pillow under your head so you don't feel slightly hungover. Y'all makin my head hurt here.
WHY can't LE just come out and make 1 clear statement on what the EXACT timeline is. No smoke and mirrors here. I mean how hard is it? Yes there were 41 hours that the parents F'd up, at least I am thinking it is 41 hours, THAT number could be wrong on most accounts. BUT....They should tell us about the phone, and if if is now in their possession so their tech's can get the info from it. Even if it's fried they are able to get the info needed. Texts, calls, even social media info like snap chat etc. THAT would be a BIG HELP to them. Also if they were able to get into the back end of HD's youtube channel, they could see the types of messages he had gotten there. Get into his email. Check his xbox, playstation, whatever gaming systems and computers he has as well as any in the house. The Search history will help also.

Are they not used to these types of cases? I thought the FBI was helping them.

There's going to be some sore foreheads around here. :p

Trying not to blame msm too much as they're reporting on the information given to them.

Who is changing the facts or giving faulty information ? Imo.

I’m not blaming the media at all. I’ve been reading & watching press conferences, tonight’s detective on LivePD and what the last person that claims to have spoken with him. -

I’m thinking they must all be related & not keeping their stories straight is a family trait

Are they not used to these types of cases? I thought the FBI was helping them.

FBI doesn't really have jurisdiction in Harley's case (unless they have evidence of internet crime or online trafficking which so far they haven't indicated at all) so their involvement is likely limited to supportive technology that a small town PD doesn't have.

Found the Live PD CLIP!

Live PD on A&E on Twitter

Detective Ronald Timmons of PCPD: The Port Clinton Police Department was made aware of a camera that was able to obtain an image of an individual that we believe to be Harley crossing the street in front of his house at 6:08am on December 20th. That is the last known sighting of Harley.
Is he talking about the photo that no one can truly confirm is HD? Did I miss something?

Exactly. Earlier today I was thinking that LE MUST have these answers already and not be releasing them but after watching Live PD I'm afraid they are focused WAY too much on that surveillance video being him and being conclusive evidence that he walked a certain way / etc.

It's also REALLY confusing to me that if this surveillance camera caught him leaving at 6:08AM how would they NOT know more of the time line otherwise? The surveillance cam just glitched the night before when he came home? When he was coming / going on Thursday ?

Exactly. School tardy bell rings at iirc 7:20 am but the school opens for kids to start coming in at 7:00 am. Harley lives 4 blocks from the school, a 15-20 minute walk at most. So why would Harley be leaving his home at 6:08 am for school? I wonder if this is why LE is thinking he might have had plans to meet someone, possibly before school. However mom stated that he said he was feeling sick and wanted to stay home. And he didn't have a phone to communicate with anyone to make last-minute plans to meet them so how would he have accomplished planning a meetup? And it would be helpful to know if Harley usually left for school that early in the morning, I don't recall if that has ever been mentioned.

What is unclear to me is if this early morning footage was able to capture Harley on his way to school, why didn't it capture him coming home from the friend's house on Thursday evening? Or perhaps it did and I missed that critical info?

ETA: apparently the source of the morning video is from a residence next door to the home, not across the street as I originally thought, so maybe he wasn't within range of the residence when he arrived home on Thursday evening

IMO

Last edited:
OK, so what is the truth about the phone? was it broke the week prior to him going missing or the day of him going missing? The A&E segment said the phone was broken at the residence the day that he left. He could have said "The phone was broken prior to his leaving".
Wording is EVERYTHING when it comes to a missing person. We can read between the lines or take them at face value. BUT, the way it was said abt the phone idk.
I wondered the truth about the phone too, if I was broken the day of his disappearance it would be much more suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2