Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then what are they going to find on the computers, if Tammy was the one using them?

I don't believe its been established that she was the only one using them, just that she was the most proficient. Chad was an author so it's likely he knew something about computer software etc. although that's not been established either.

As this is readily available on the internet as a stand-alone PDF, I hope it is permissible to post the link. It originates from the AVOW website under recommended reading. Chapter 3 is very interesting-outlining the questions of tent cities, and preparedness. I think Chad and Lori have gone underground and it is my deepest hope that JJ and Tylee are being protected in whatever “tent city” Lori and Chad have been preparing for. Hopefully the Feds are all over this.
https://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness/why_tent_cities.pdf

I don't believe its been established that she was the only one using them, just that she was the most proficient. Chad was an author so it's likely he knew something about computer software etc. although that's not been established either.

I think you nailed it here. While Chad's age is such that it's possible he might have dodged using computers in school and such and might not have a ton of smarts where computers are concerned, we really don't know that. But there is no way he was an author without some basic computer literacy. (Virtually no author is going to not know at least the basics of word processing, even if they do their first draft using pen/pencil and paper.) Plus, he was getting paid something to participate in the AVOW forums setup for him that have been discussed, so he had some additional computer expertise there.

Of course none of that means that he'd have anything on a computer or other device that might incriminate him. But the odds of some communication (emails or texts) between him and Lori that might not be stuff he'd want to get out coming to light seems good to me. In a way, lack of in depth tech knowledge could work against him in that he might not realize that "deleting" something doesn't always cause it to go away with no signs of its prior existence.

I think you nailed it here. While Chad's age is such that it's possible he might have dodged using computers in school and such and might not have a ton of smarts where computers are concerned, we really don't know that. But there is no way he was an author without some basic computer literacy. (Virtually no author is going to not know at least the basics of word processing, even if they do their first draft using pen/pencil and paper.) Plus, he was getting paid something to participate in the AVOW forums setup for him that have been discussed, so he had some additional computer expertise there.

Of course none of that means that he'd have anything on a computer or other device that might incriminate him. But the odds of some communication (emails or texts) between him and Lori that might not be stuff he'd want to get out coming to light seems good to me. In a way, lack of in depth tech knowledge could work against him in that he might not realize that "deleting" something doesn't always cause it to go away with no signs of its prior existence.

Precisely. He's also got a degree in Journalism, so there's literally no way he does not have experience with computers.

So Rexburg is a small town. Chad is a guy with a wife and five kids, married for 30 years. He has visions and talks to spirits, but I guess within LDS church it's not considered unusual?
So when wife dies, supposedly in her sleep, even though she was only 49, and healthy, I guess that didn't raise any suspicions.
I think the suspicions only arose after he got married so soon after she died. I am not sure who contacted police, might have even been not a relative but one of her friends, that something wasn't right here.

We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe the Bible and other scriptures which contain accounts of dreams, visions, revelations, prophecies, seeing and talking with angels, miracles, and other remarkable experiences and manifestations of the Divine. We also believe these things continue in our day. So no, it's not that unusual or unheard of for someone to witness, experience, or share some of these things with others. However, these things are often considered sacred and/or personal and therefore generally should only be shared with close family, friends, or as we feel inspired by the Holy Ghost. When someone starts sharing personal things in a public way, and especially if done seemingly to get gain, attention, attract a following, or other such stuff, then that begins to cross a line into priestcraft and is most definitely frowned upon.

One of the challenges of being a saint is that we often have a desire to believe in the best in people, and that even if there are serious red flags, abuse, deception, etc., we still have hope that such is not the case or that the person can change and repent. Unfortunately this often allows people to get away with things they normally wouldn't. Affinity fraud is a big problem in Utah for this very reason.

That being said, I believe that most members of the Church will stand on the side of truth and justice and I would hope that they'd be willing to do whatever it takes to make things right.

Hey now. We old folks are quite computer proficient. ;)

the problem is that they’ve had almost 3 months to conceal/doctor/destroy evidence.

you think Chad really left all his files on his devices at the house? especially once he knew he was going into hiding...

You may end up being surprised at just how much evidence they probably left laying around. IMO the kids were gone before Tammy's death and 2 weeks after that, Chad and Lori probably believed they got away with everything. They seemingly were living at Lori's Rexburg townhouse while a couple of Chad's kids lived in the Salem house. They probably felt they had no need to destroy or hide evidence until the welfare check happened-- then they packed up a truck and left town that same day (Nov 26) and have been in hiding somewhere ever since. I think they are so egotistical that they didn't think it would look suspicious that they got married so soon after the deaths of their spouses. I believe that because that's how many criminals think. We see it time and again here, case after case. They are so wrapped up in fulfilling whatever fantasy they have in mind when they commit the crime that they can't see how things will look to other people looking at them.

MOO.

I don't think Tammy had any medical diseases. She visited her parents couple weeks prior to her death. Her father describes her as being in good health and in good mood. She was taking a zumba class.

Many people who take zumba, visit their parents and seem to be in good health are under the care of a doctor for a chronic disease.

If foul play was not suspected originally, an autopsy didn't have to be done. Relatives would have to request one. I am pretty sure Chad wouldn't want to request one.
So what I am pretty sure happened Tammy's death was declared natural causes without much of any investigation or any autopsy being done.

Being pretty sure, isn't very convincing. Also, the law requires an investigation. To restate it again, we don't know. All of the speculation is counterproductive.

You may end up being surprised at just how much evidence they probably left laying around. IMO the kids were gone before Tammy's death and 2 weeks after that, Chad and Lori probably believed they got away with everything. They seemingly were living at Lori's Rexburg townhouse while a couple of Chad's kids lived in the Salem house. They probably felt they had no need to destroy or hide evidence until the welfare check happened-- then they packed up a truck and left town that same day (Nov 26) and have been in hiding somewhere ever since. I think they are so egotistical that they didn't think it would look suspicious that they got married so soon after the deaths of their spouses. I believe that because that's how many criminals think. We see it time and again here, case after case. They are so wrapped up in fulfilling whatever fantasy they have in mind when they commit the crime that they can't see how things will look to other people looking at them.

MOO.

This case is just too much, y'all. I cannot believe they haven't been found (the "adults") --- if -and this is a small small if- the minors are alive, every minute counts. But I doubt they are alive. :(

You may end up being surprised at just how much evidence they probably left laying around. IMO the kids were gone before Tammy's death and 2 weeks after that, Chad and Lori probably believed they got away with everything. They seemingly were living at Lori's Rexburg townhouse while a couple of Chad's kids lived in the Salem house. They probably felt they had no need to destroy or hide evidence until the welfare check happened-- then they packed up a truck and left town that same day (Nov 26) and have been in hiding somewhere ever since. I think they are so egotistical that they didn't think it would look suspicious that they got married so soon after the deaths of their spouses. I believe that because that's how many criminals think. We see it time and again here, case after case. They are so wrapped up in fulfilling whatever fantasy they have in mind when they commit the crime that they can't see how things will look to other people looking at t
MOO.
Totally agree. The stuff we have been able to sleuth in our short amount of time is amazing. Think about how politicians have "tried" to use software called "bleachbit". I am pretty sure Chad was more obsessed with making honeymoon plans in Hawaii than cleaning hard drives.

Maybe this has been discussed, but what kind(s) of natural death would involve coughing and vomiting? Flu? I’m trying to guess what they said was cod.

Totally agree. The stuff we have been able to sleuth in our short amount of time is amazing. Think about how politicians have "tried" to use software called "bleachbit". I am pretty sure Chad was more obsessed with making honeymoon plans in Hawaii than cleaning hard drives.

Keeping in mind, they fled after a welfare check on Lori's minor children. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that Tammy's body was exhumed. I bet Chad had some palpitations. You can find all sorts of stuff on hard drives that people think they deleted. JMO.

Just to repeat, local coroners are elected, and don't have to have medical education.
"When Tammy passed away in the home in October, Sheriff Humphries said the coroner originally determined she died from natural causes. He said sheriff's deputies looked through the home at that time, but found nothing unusual."
Police, FBI serve search warrant at Daybell home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member