TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we've heard that GC traveled often, I don't believe he was away from Houston when baby allegedly born. If I understood correctly, it was MF that left Houston and for alleged trip to the beach with her cousin.

GC told the investigators he saw MF for the first time on Friday when she implored him not to be mad because she gave birth the day before without him and the baby was on the bed.
That's right, I forgot that part. Except then, she abducts Heidi & the baby in the morning of the 12th....CG doesn't see it till he comes home from somewhere on the 13th..... so aside from killing and dumping Heidi's body where would she have spent the night of the 12th, without CG seeing her? (though to answer my own question, clearly anything was possible with this evil woman! )

^^SBM

I think it might not be unusual for the apartment door to be unlocked when the family was home. The six year old may be in and out of the apartment door and leaving the door unlocked would provide for easy access. On the other hand, the car could be parked in the lot for days which makes sense to me it would be locked for security reasons. MOO

Just based on knowing the area - I wouldn't leave my door unlocked. It's certainly not the most dangerous neighborhood in Austin, but it's not the safest. I'd think a pretty, young mom who was home alone with a baby during the day would lock her door in that complex. Although considering she ended up murdered (allegedly) by her "best" childhood friend, maybe that was the least of her worries. So sad.

Except for the new question of who was driving the Nissan when HB kidnapped from the apartment lot, I'm glad for the following confirmations per the Arrest Affidavit. Each were misstated and/or inaccurately reported for weeks:

1) The apartment door was discovered "unlocked" by SC and not wide open. SC also provided leaving the apartment door unlocked not unusual.

2) HB's red pocketbook/purse was found inside her vehicle parked in the apartment lot. The vehicle was unlocked which was unusual per SC. Unlocked with a purse inside sounds very staged to me!

3) Probably most important -- HB's body was found inside the trunk of a Nissan sedan registered to MF. The body was stuffed inside a duffle bag.

Last edited:
We may never know just how MF got Heidi down to the car, and in it. At first I thought maybe MF called up to Heidi and said "I'm down here with the keys I forgot to leave in your apartment, but I'm parked illegally so can you come down and get them?" But that doesn't make a lot of sense since she lived so far away so she must have at least planned this visit. And it's not like she could have asked Heidi to come down and help her carry things/a "baby" up to the apartment because her hands were full with her own baby. And since she'd been there many times before, she wouldn't have said, "I have no clue where I'm allowed to park, can you come down and show me?"

So perplexing!!!

In this doc, what is “GPS in jail” and “EM in jail?” It’s handwritten in the bond portion. Unfamiliar with this.

Welcome to Websleuths, jessica smith. :) Sorry I don't have the answer to your question - now you have me wondering too!

GPS - ankle monitor? MOO
Here you go, got these general definitions from another Travis County case. I don't want to link to it since the case isn't relevant here. But the Travis County definitions are neutral. ;)

Attachments

• travis.jpg
    travis.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 72
JAN 6, 2020
Suspect in Heidi Broussard death in area at time of disappearance, affidavit says
[...]

“That’s the baby at my house,” a man with whom Fieramusca was living told authorities when they showed him a picture of Broussard’s baby, Margot, while investigating the disappearance of mother and child.

[...]

The document said Fieramusca acted suspiciously soon after Margot was born at the hospital in Austin, and that Margot’s grandfather noted that she interrupted his first meeting with his granddaughter, asking to hold the baby first.

Fieramusca also had a key to Broussard’s South Austin apartment and told Margot’s father, Shane Carey, that she would leave it on a counter. He later told police that he never found the key.

On Dec. 18, six days after Broussard and her baby disappeared, police also interviewed a woman who lived in their apartment complex who told police that she saw two women interacting and that one of them appeared to carrying an infant police think was Margot.

[...]

As they began investigating Fieramusca, they obtained a search warrant for information about her Internet search history. The affidavit said she had searched for “bodies found in Austin, Texas” on Dec. 14.

They also found video evidence of her car traveling to Austin and near Broussard’s apartment complex at the time of Broussard’s disappearance.

Investigators began keeping surveillance on the Houston-area home where Fieramusca was living and noticed her car was parked in a way so that its owner may have been trying to hide it, the affidavit said.

[...]

He told police that he had never seen Fieramusca’s bare stomach during her pregnancy.

He told investigators that Fieramusca had given birth to a baby girl while she was out of town and that she told him, “Don’t be mad” when she returned home with a baby.

The tampering charge that Fieramusca faces is a second-degree felony that carries up to 20 years in prison. The two kidnapping charges against her are third-degree felonies punishable by up to 10 years.

WHAT?! WTF? 10 years for kidnapping - in Texas??? I thought kidnapping was something like life in prison. OMG. I'd been thinking even w/o the murder charge they had enough to put her away forever. Dear God. This murder charge now takes on even more vital significance.

If CG listened to the radio at all or had any news alerts, was he not at all suspicious. Like “hey MF, your bestie & her baby are missing......”. Since he apparently was not in position to see MF in a state of undress (how fortunate for him) did he truly believe she was pregnant? It appears so. And MF “don’t be mad, there’s a baby on the bed.“. A baby, not our baby? I firmly believe he had washed his hands of MF, allowing her to remain in his home for a specified period of time. She sure thanked him for his generosity. Moo

If CG listened to the radio at all or had any news alerts, was he not at all suspicious. Like “hey MF, your bestie & her baby are missing......”. Since he apparently was not in position to see MF in a state of undress (how fortunate for him) did he truly believe she was pregnant? It appears so. And MF “don’t be mad, there’s a baby on the bed.“. A baby, not our baby? I firmly believe he had washed his hands of MF, allowing her to remain in his home for a specified period of time. She sure thanked him for his generosity. Moo
Right. And meanwhile MF is on the phone with all Heidi's friends just "beside herself" and "sick over this." She must have been making all her calls when he wasn't home.

The tampering charge that Fieramusca faces is a second-degree felony that carries up to 20 years in prison. The two kidnapping charges against her are third-degree felonies punishable by up to 10 years.

WHAT?! WTF? 10 years for kidnapping - in Texas??? I thought kidnapping was something like life in prison. OMG. I'd been thinking even w/o the murder charge they had enough to put her away forever. Dear God. This murder charge now takes on even more vital significance.

It's shocking, yes. But I'm sure if she were convicted of all three they'd be concurrent, and depending on the murder charge, seeing the light of day is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288