Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE TEXT: I’ve read a lot of back-and-forth about whether or not PH sent the text and what an odd text. I can say this. While I am MUCH older than PH, I can see my younger self, PH’s age or younger, sending that text. I can see feeling like oh no I might be in danger but on the other hand I’ve made it out of bad situations before so I will handle it this time; I will text my friend just in case but I better not call 911 and make something out of nothing.

I am in no way saying that is the best mind set or the best way to handle things. However I am saying that I understand as a young woman that has been through a lot, seeing it from that perspective. I would not handle a situation like that now that I’m older and wiser. I also don’t take the risks I took back then.

I think it’s very possible she was in danger, she knew it on some level, and sent the text. MY OPINION ONLY.

This case seems so odd to me, apparently it seems odd to the police as well, who from the beginning stated:

“We’re not quite sure,” he said. “This is kind of a strange case."

Once PH's body was found, I was sure it would become clearer and fall in line with human behavior traits and be similar to crimes in the past.

And we get:

Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said "the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide"

Why emphasize that!?! PH didn't bury herself!! Why go out of your way and seemingly correct a reporter and say, don't you dare call this a murder, this is a "death" investigation.

Frustrating.

I'd also like to add, Law enforcement doesn't owe my web sleuth friends and I, anything, unless it is necessary to protect the public.

MSM
Gov. Kay Ivey offers reward in disappearance of Paighton Houston who vanished after leaving Lakeview bar

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined

This case is unlike others I've followed. We have zero facts. Just alledged statements. No timelines...she left work at what time? Where did she go, who did she meet? Let's say she left work at 5...parked car at coworkers house 6. 10:45 comes along...that's a bunch of time in my opinion.

IMO from what I've read on this thread, the drugs would show up but it would be hard to prove it was a lethal dose.
This is really just landing at random, but the one case that I'm trying very hard not to compare Paighton's case to, is that of Anjelica Hadsell. Sadly, just like Paighton, she was buried behind an abandoned house, but wasn't found until almost 6 weeks after she went missing. In her case, the autopsy revealed she died from homicidal violence, and acute heroin poisoning. If PH had a deadly level of drug in her system, I'm pretty sure the tox results will reveal it.

It would be quite rare for 2 people to team up with similar sinister minds to seek out pulling off stranger abductions and murders, with premeditated evil intentions, enormous levels of misogamy to drug up, sexually abuse a person, to dispose of the body in complete opposition to their treatment of a subject while living. The norm is bodies thrown in wooded areas, posed to receive attention, disposed in water, or tossed in a trash can or anywhere, as easily and thoughtlessly as one littering. The remains treated as garbage. imo.

In 1973 my father stood on our porch and watched trucks carrying the bodies of several young boys who were found buried in the crawl space of a house occupied by Dean Corll. He had two accomplices Henley and Brooks.

Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka
“Hillside Strangler” by the press was actually two people
Fred and Rosemary West
Leonard Lake and Charles Ng
Douglas Clark and Carol Bundy

Their are numerous others who were believed to have had an accomplice.

It is also common for sexual predators to run in pairs.

Birds of a feather.

We know LE referenced multiple tips. Someone knew something. I would venture a guess that between DNA, etc. we will see a positive outcome. They said they have more questions than answers. I’m sure they are working to answer those now.

This is really just landing at random, but the one case that I'm trying very hard not to compare Paighton's case to, is that of Anjelica Hadsell. Sadly, just like Paighton, she was buried behind an abandoned house, but wasn't found until almost 6 weeks after she went missing. In her case, the autopsy revealed she died from homicidal violence, and acute heroin poisoning. If PH had a deadly level of drug in her system, I'm pretty sure the tox results will reveal it.

(OMG, I just had a flashback.....of you going to help Anjelica’s Dad Z...he became a member here, and he suddenly needed personal emergency help ASAP, you as a stranger said “I’m local”, got in your car and drove over there and went to be with him and helped him!! Right?! Bless You once again. That was one of my hardest experiences EVER here on WS, when Z said “God, take me instead...” I was SOBBING, and @skibaboo sent me a loving message to go take a warm bath....anyway, you were awesome for Z and represented for the WS family!!!)

Last edited:
This case seems so odd to me, apparently it seems odd to the police as well, who from the beginning stated:

“We’re not quite sure,” he said. “This is kind of a strange case."

Once PH's body was found, I was sure it would become clearer and fall in line with human behavior traits and be similar to crimes in the past.

And we get:

Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said "the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide"

Why emphasize that!?! PH didn't bury herself!! Why go out of your way and seemingly correct a reporter and say, don't you dare call this a murder, this is a "death" investigation.

Frustrating.

I'd also like to add, Law enforcement doesn't owe my web sleuth friends and I, anything, unless it is necessary to protect the public.

MSM
Gov. Kay Ivey offers reward in disappearance of Paighton Houston who vanished after leaving Lakeview bar

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined
I think the sentence, “[Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee] emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide” is somewhat misleading.

Here is a video of Deputy Chief David Agee speaking to reporters immediately following the discovery of the remains. Towards the very end, around 3:36:30, he says, “Based on evidence recovered, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will be investigating this death at this time.”

The reporter explains that as he was walking away from the briefing, Deputy Chief Agee was asked by one of the other reporters if this was a homicide investigation, and he quickly answered, “No, this is a death investigation.” That’s hardly “emphasizing” anything, IMO.

YES.

What we actually know. PH left home that morning for work. She left work and parked at the co workers house. She went out with co workers or worker and at some point in the night she parted ways with co worker(s). A text was sent from her phone after midnight stating that she did not know the people she was with( implying more than one) and that she felt like she was in trouble. Two weeks respectively later she was located deceased in a shallow grave behind a vacant house. The house was occupied recently by an elderly man, but prior to PH being placed there. PH was originally from this area.

One key piece missing in your analysis: the alleged 2 heavyset black 'Fat Albert's,' PH 'willing,' took off with. 2 alleged men that no apbs were put out by LE or at least a few witness who could have corroborated their existence, and who could then help out an artist to draw a portrait, of 2 possibly at large deadly men, and with that said, there is so much 'mud,' in between all accounts. It is, as was first described by LE, a difficult case, and one I am assuming is now frustrating if all evidence and witness testimony is still vividly vague, a misnomer

I haven't heard this. Do you have a link that says PH was from this area

I'm not particularly surprised or anything-ed about the "I don't know the people I'm with" portion of the equation, per se.

It does, however, make me think of the common party scenario where a stranger/scant acquaintance brings you to a party with a batch of strangers you also don't know, and then wanders away from you/leaves. :(

It’s victim bashing. Paighton had addiction issues. She recovered. And I don’t believe it’s true.
100% agree! And I'm beginning to wonder if PH wasn't trying to leave to get back to her car and her friends refused to leave to take her! I'm friend bashing now, but I don't think Paighton wanted to be there at all. I've been in a few situations like that in my younger days and put in some hard situations trying to leave.

(OMG, I just had a flashback.....of you going to help Anjelica’s Dad Z...he became a member here, and he suddenly needed personal emergency help ASAP, you as a stranger said “I’m local”, got in your car and drove over there and went to be with him and helped him!! Right?! Bless You once again. That was one of my hardest experiences EVER here on WS, when Z said “God, take me instead...” I was SOBBING, and @skibaboo sent me a loving message to go take a warm bath....anyway, you were awesome for Z and represented for the WS family!!!)

O/T but just wanted to clear it up that that member was another person, and not me. But I do know who you're talking about, and more than a few members were in touch with ZH offline/in person while he went thru hell because of Hadsell. I also remember his comment all too well, and I think for many of us who were holding back the tears really lost it at that point. WS can have all the rules in the world, but in truth, it was AJ's dad Zach, that brought it home to me that these "cases" we sit here and discuss are not just names and faces in the news, they're real people with moms, sisters, aunts, dads, sons and daughters that actually quite often read here, sometimes join, sometimes post. It's for those dear people, going through the worst thing they could have ever imagined, that this forum must remain VICTIM FRIENDLY, and respectful at all times, according to the rules.

Not a mod or anything, I just felt the need to say that, on behalf of the victim's families and loved ones. You just never know who's reading. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph