OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want the real facts in a timeline on what happened to HD! I just want him found

Btw, I can't understand why she would (I pressumed) lock him out of the house? That would be neglect here in Texas
bbm
Yes this was discussed early on by the police chief in regards to the parents thinking he'd gone to another friend's house to cool off; presumably.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths is victim friendly and the parents of a missing person are victims. Do not sleuth them or cast aspersions at family or friends or sleuths them beyond what is said by them or about them in MSM.

Also, opinions, theories and speculation need to be based on known fact as they have been presented by MSM or LE (so not dreams, feelings, or wild possibilities).

Last edited:
ok so good map maker start at his house thank you

Many missing persons are found deceased after being hit by trains. In Port Clinton, there are elevated railroad tracks that run through the town. These tracks are near the Dilly home. I didn't see any news that these tracks were searched, only "from" and "up to" the tracks. Has anyone conducted a search on foot of these tracks and embankments?

<modsnip: Images removed. ALL images require a link to the source>

Last edited by a moderator:
The police chief says in an article that they were called to the home before as Harley was 'unruly'; according to his mother.

And also that he'd left home before and stayed with a friend.
But not overnight.
So it was initially assumed that the parents thought he was at a friend's house.
Or so we've been told.

But it would be interesting to know if the parents called around to his friends on Fri. just to see where he was ?
Afaik they did not.
And then in the police tv interview posted, they said that Harley would go home to take baths 4 or 5 times a day, even if he had taken off for a friend's house. He would still come home for his baths then leave again. So you would think that change in his patterns would have raised an alarm if he didn't come home at all for over 40 hours?

I understand the gist of above post.
But we're a bit limited in what can be ferreted out.

This was established early on in the timeline of events :
Of interest to me is the post about the parents going out to Texas Roadhouse Fri. night. 35 miles away.

While Harley was missing.
Why ?
Maybe just wanted some good food and drinks.
Feels odd.
MOO
ITA with you and have been sitting on my hands about the drive from PC to Sandusky over the Edison Bridge to cross Sandusky Bay, in the late evening dark. I wonder if this was a planned in advance dinner or spur of the moment?

Edison Bridge (Ohio) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
<modsnip>

I’m annoyed about the weather warnings and calling off searches for rain. Behind this is likely to be snow and the hope of finding Harley before spring dwindles. :(

I hope people capable still search through the rain if possible. There are many hunters experienced in handling the elements in the area.

Regardless of whether or not his SM/online presence has anything to do with HD's disappearance, this case really does serve as a cautionary tale re: the potential dangers.

If I ever run for school board (or POTUS), my platform will be very straightforward:

Aside from actual computer classes, no laptops allowed in the classrooms. PERIOD.
In lieu of Chromebooks, students will use the following:
  • #2 Pencils.
  • Flash Cards.
  • Trapper Keepers.
  • Abaci.
The educational tool kids really need to learn how to use is what's called a human brain.
Good luck with that one..... Most of the testing these days is done on the computer. In particular all the state tests, final exams etc.

ADMIN NOTE:

A review of this thread resulted in a major cleanup and numerous posts being removed.

Thread was derailed with TOS violations (off topic, victim blaming, bickering, dissing The Rules, discussing moderation, etc). Such posts have been removed.

Please read The Rules that Websleuths has in place (linked in my signature) or face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Ultimately, we have a young boy who enjoys streaming and interacting via various social media platforms. This boy hasn’t uploaded, broadcasted, commented, etc. in multiple weeks. This is a situation that is very challenging to see a (+) outcome.

The information is weak and LE citing via FB they have no new news doesn’t help. He was missing for so long before authorities were notified that it’s really anyone’s guess at this point where he is.

The only word I can fathom is ‘neglect.’

The way they are conducting the searches lead me to believe the same.
If they had actually done a search, rather than a "We don't need your help..." three weeks ago, Harley might have been found. Sadly, this is a recovery operation now. It might have been three weeks ago also, but at least his body would have been home for Christmas.

<modsnip>

Ultimately, we have a young boy who enjoys streaming and interacting via various social media platforms. This boy hasn’t uploaded, broadcasted, commented, etc. in multiple weeks. This is a situation that is very challenging to see a (+) outcome.

The information is weak and LE citing via FB they have no new news doesn’t help. He was missing for so long before authorities were notified that it’s really anyone’s guess at this point where he is.

The only word I can fathom is ‘neglect.’
That’s not the only word I can fathom, but it’s the most positive.

mho

Reading a quote from someone.
Hearing and seeing someone speak.

There’s a difference.

Video of grandfather alone at Twitter link:

HARLEY DILLY'S GRANDPA: "If you're out there and you're hearing this or seeing this we all want you home."

Twitter
Michael Tatar WTOL
@WTOL11Toledo Reporter
Thanks for posting this (and for creating the timeline thread). I found Grandpa's negative remarks about SM interesting... is he hinting / does he believe that HD was abducted by an online predator? Am I misremembering LE is treating this case as a teen runaway? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd