OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, killing themselves is the last thing on earth a kid with Aspergers would ever contemplate. It just wouldn't make sense to them.

The fact is, I doubt he would ever be suicidal. In 43 years of practice I have never had a suicidal Aspergers client. Homicidal, well that is another issue.

Quote snipped by me.

IMO People with Aspergers are at risk for depression and suicide, just as anyone else. And it does happen.

This whole line of discussion isn't really fair to Harley. His personal medical business should not have been released on SM.

<sbm>
I’m not sure if websites such as Discord even provide time stamps, however, so it may as such be a lost cause.

Discord does, at least on the Windows app! For messages sent in the past 7 days, it shows the timestamp and date, and anything before that just the date. Might be possible for LE to request the timestamps from Discord for older messages.

I really don't think it's a domestic incident. I've listened quite a few of HD's youtube videos, I think the interactions between HD & his mother are mostly tame, typical teenager stuff. Granted his yt videos won’t capture everything and we don’t get much interaction with his Dad but I don’t know, I’m just not getting this broken home that people are pushing.

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Clearly everything that happened between Thursday evening and Friday morning is absolutely critical, we just don’t have any information apart from his phone (which was pretty much his life to be fair) being broken and him not wanting to attend school.
BBM:

Respectfully but vehemently disagree.

LE's been called to the home numerous times for various domestic disturbances, at least 2 of which clearly involved HD.

That ain't typical, tame family interaction by any reasonable, healthy standard.

JMO.

Last edited:
I
Quote snipped by me.

IMO People with Aspergers are at risk for depression and suicide, just as anyone else. And it does happen.

This whole line of discussion isn't really fair to Harley. His personal medical business should not have been released on SM.
I agree. It’s disrespectful all of the things that should be PRIVATE are spewed everywhere, never should have been posted, by ANYONE ever, especially considering some are clearly untrue and now are repeated as facts

Has anyone dove into Harley’s last known social media interaction — which accounts for all [various] platforms — not just YT?

I’m not sure if websites such as Discord even provide time stamps, however, so it may as such be a lost cause.

Guaranteed that the FBI has scoured HD's SM, along with all of his other electronic footprints.

I'm 100% confident that LE has done a deep dive into his digital data.

JMO.

Guaranteed that the FBI has scoured HD's SM, along with all of his other electronic footprints.

I'm 100% confident that LE has done a deep dive into his digital data.

JMO.
Let’s all hope the ball hasn’t been dropped somewhere ....
We saw what happens when it is....during Casey Anthony’s trial.

I'm sorry because I'm sure it's out there but does anyone have his home address or has that been added to a map? I'm just getting this Robert Bee vibe from this case. Like maybe Harvey had a place that he liked to hide out at near the house that he might go to and an accident happened to him and he didn't make it back.

There was a glaring red flag from day one, which actually wasn't day one. Because on day one, no one reported Harley missing. And day two passed completely, except for the last 30 minutes, without anyone reporting him missing. And some might say, "Well he argued with his parents and its typical for him to go to a friend's house." But that isn't even the claim. The claim is that he went to school. The story we have been given is that Harley and his parents argued on the morning of his disappearance. They argued so strongly that Harley left home and never returned...and no one even bothered to find that odd enough to report it for 2 days. Yet this upsetting argument apparently took place in the dark because mom now says she didn't actually see him, she only spoke with him. In the parents' eyes, the argument was so contentious that they believed he left home for 2 days. This boy, who bathed 3-4 times a day...and would leave a friend's house to come home and bathe and then go all the way back to his friend's house, he didn't come home to take a bath or get fresh clothes and no one stopped to wonder what was actually going on?
This is a story I cannot accept.

I agree with this. The timeline to me (which is still a bit of a mystery to me) is so odd. I just can't wrap my head around the way this case has played out and been approached to make it make sense. There are really only a couple of reasons for a school to call the parents, all of which are concerning. Here, we get robocalls if a child is absent. A voicemail is left if you don't pick up. I'm really struggling with on the one hand saying that he is a child who comes home to change/bathe multiple times a day and on the other hand not being concerned until the evening of day 2. About the whereabouts of a 14 year old they likely knew or suspected, at least, didn't show up at school. Nothing about this makes sense to me, and I'm trying to say, well, families are different and they had previous experience with him not coming home, but it is really hard to wrap my brain around this. At least a call/text to friends to make sure he is there?

The total reward in the case of Harley Dilly, 14, stands at more than $17,700, according to Port Clinton police.

Hickman did say Tuesday the search-and-rescue organization Texas Equusearch has been assisting his agency, and the Ohio State Highway Patrol and U.S. Border Patrol conducted aerial searches for Harley. He did not specify where the aerial searches were being conducted.

“Please allow us to finish our aerial searches today, and then if you wish to assist with searching, please do,” Hickman wrote to the public online.

He told people who planned to search for Harley to not trespass on private property unless they have permission from the property owner.

Hickman also asked searchers to report anything suspicious to Port Clinton police by calling 419-734-3121.
Reward exceeds $17,000 for info on missing teen | The Courier

Last edited:
I really don't think it's a domestic incident. I've listened quite a few of HD's youtube videos, I think the interactions between HD & his mother are mostly tame, typical teenager stuff. Granted his yt videos won’t capture everything and we don’t get much interaction with his Dad but I don’t know, I’m just not getting this broken home that people are pushing.

I'm not sure how, after watching the video that HD posted (shared and transcribed by Katydid23 on the previous page), anyone could allege with a straight face that the home life of this kid was anything resembling "healthy" or "functional."

On multiple occasions the mother locked her 14-year-old son outside the house as punishment for some transgression or another. She has, further, disclosed to the public personal information about HD that IMO he may have preferred to keep private, which from my perspective is an action that falls under the umbrella of "emotional abuse."

Additionally, IMO, the family's statements to media about HD's disappearance have a) damned him with faint praise, a la the grandfather's statement that "My grandson had issues and he wasn’t a perfect boy, but he was a good boy”and (again, IMO) b) focused primarily, almost exclusively, on how HD's absence is negatively affecting HIS MOTHER (which is, IMO, a way of not-too-subtly trying to play the guilt card in an effort to make him come home). Neither of these give me the sense that HD was living in a stable, loving environment where he was appreciated for who he was, and not just for what he could do/what he could provide for his family.

MOO/IMO

Children also survive with worse. The fact that he just matter of factly closes the video also says a lot. I have seen, and worked with, a lot of kids on the autism spectrum. I feel confidant in the fact that he is on the high functioning level, most often known as a person with Aspergers. To be honest, killing themselves is the last thing on earth a kid with Aspergers would ever contemplate. It just wouldn't make sense to them.

In the horrible environment provided by his parents having his disability is actually a blessing. He recognizes his parents as being unacceptable, as being something he should be ashamed of, but he probably doesn't emotionally feel it is all that bad. He just knows from his learning, it is wrong.

The fact is, I doubt he would ever be suicidal. In 43 years of practice I have never had a suicidal Aspergers client. Homicidal, well that is another issue.
BBM:

That's NOT what the scientific research is showing:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(17)30162-1/fulltext

SABBM:
A small body of research is showing worryingly high rates of suicidality in people with autism. In a large-scale clinical study of adults newly diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, 66% reported that they had contemplated suicide, significantly higher than rates among the UK general population (17%) and patients with psychosis (59%); 35% had planned or attempted suicide. A large-scale population study showed that suicide is a leading cause of premature death in people with autism.

Suicide risk in autism | Autism Speaks

SABBM:
Suicide rates are a national concern, and it is important to know that individuals on the autism spectrum are among those at risk for suicide. Research in this area is still emerging, but studies show that individuals with autism may be at greater risk for suicide and show higher than average rates of suicidal thoughts and behaviors.

I could cite numerous other studies, but I don't want to derail the thread.

For one thing, we don't even know whether or not HD has been diagnosed as having an ASD.

I think it's important, though, to be sure of one's facts when one claims to speak as one having professional expertise on any given subject matter.

Your anecdotal observations aside, I do see suicide as a possibility here.

As always and ever, JMO.

I’m wondering if Harley typically got up for school & left without speaking to his mother? Is the only reason he went into her bedroom that particular morning because he hoped to stay home? or maybe it’s not true at all?
What time did he typically leave in the morning? I mean, he very scheduled...right? Wouldn't you notice if your kid EVER got himself up EXTRA EARLY for school & left an hour early, especially at that age? I’d be very suspicious and follow up with the school because it would be so out of character for 99% of kids.

I'm sorry because I'm sure it's out there but does anyone have his home address or has that been added to a map? I'm just getting this Robert Bee vibe from this case. Like maybe Harvey had a place that he liked to hide out at near the house that he might go to and an accident happened to him and he didn't make it back.
I had a "Bonsai" vibe as well.
What if there was a certain place like an empty cabin Harley went to hide out at ?
And he succumbed to the elements in the cold ?

I agree with this. The timeline to me (which is still a bit of a mystery to me) is so odd. I just can't wrap my head around the way this case has played out and been approached to make it make sense. There are really only a couple of reasons for a school to call the parents, all of which are concerning. Here, we get robocalls if a child is absent. A voicemail is left if you don't pick up. I'm really struggling with on the one hand saying that he is a child who comes home to change/bathe multiple times a day and on the other hand not being concerned until the evening of day 2. About the whereabouts of a 14 year old they likely knew or suspected, at least, didn't show up at school. Nothing about this makes sense to me, and I'm trying to say, well, families are different and they had previous experience with him not coming home, but it is really hard to wrap my brain around this. At least a call/text to friends to make sure he is there?
My kid lived at home until he was 20 and got his own apartment. I could not sleep at night until he came home. I needed to know he made it home, safe. If he was driving somewhere far, he’d call just to let me know he made it.

My kid lived at home until he was 20 and got his own apartment. I could not sleep at night until he came home. I needed to know he made it home, safe. If he was driving somewhere far, he’d call just to let me know he made it.

Same here,my older boys are 20 and 24 and have just recently left home,and if they were out during the night I was always aware if they had come home and if they weren't back by a time I would have expected them to be in,I would at first text and thankfully 9/10 i would get a "sorry,staying at a mates" reply. If no reply then frantic ringing until they picked up(thankfully they always picked up!).

BBM:

Respectfully but vehemently disagree.

LE's been called to the home numerous times for various domestic disturbances, at least 2 of which clearly involved HD.

That ain't typical, tame family interaction by any reasonable, healthy standard.

JMO.
Yeah. If Harley even looks sideways the police are called, but he disappears for 41 hrs before police are notified,on SM or by or direct call? Because not even sure about that at this point. Plus not answer the school call,when Harley claimed he wasn't feeling well. I wish someone from the FBI would do a presser. Because I think this is beyond local LEO scope, and wonder if there could be a conflict of interest.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member