Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEO are probably busy enough. Another domestic violence scene. Shrug. Move on. That is probably how they viewed it. Lori is probably quite a dramatic actress who made quite a statement to the police, with her blonde hair carelessly tousled, carefully crafted outfit, jeans, blouse, with just "enough" cleavage. I have no doubt, that it was an impressive show.

And, maybe having JM as a friend didn't hurt... but I don't know how well liked he was within local PD. JMO

The word cult has been used a lot in this case by the media and on WS posts but there has been little to no evidence provided showing there was an actual cult. The Idaho police even said as much in one of their statements.

Does anyone have any real evidence of either of them trying to run a cult or to acquire a cult-like following?

It is clear they both held uncommon beliefs but running a cult seems to be a huge stretch.
One person with whacky ideas is not a cult. Two people? A small cult. Esp. if they take actions, people die, disappear, etc. Pretty dangerous. It's been claimed there are 100,000 followers of Chad Daybell... Not saying they have dropped former ties with Church and bought into it all the way, but it's a foundation they have to work with. Or HAD. JR and HS jr voiced pretty strong support for them so it seems to be more than just the "two believers".

The word cult has been used a lot in this case by the media and on WS posts but there has been little to no evidence provided showing there was an actual cult. The Idaho police even said as much in one of their statements.

Does anyone have any real evidence of either of them trying to run a cult or to acquire a cult-like following?

It is clear they both held uncommon beliefs but running a cult seems to be a huge stretch.

Calling them “Uncommon beliefs” is the understatement of the decade so far

Radar link

Aunt Of Missing Idaho Kids Reveals Their Mom & Stepdad's Involvement In Secret 'Cult'

"Woodcock said Daybell – who had written numerous books focusing on the end of the world – was kicked out of the Mormon church before leading Preparing A People.

“They say it’s Mormon based, but Chad Daybell was ex-communicated from the Mormon church and Lori will be too,” she said. “So it’s absolutely not Mormon, it’s a cult. Daybell wrote all these books with his own thoughts about things, and then it went from there.”

Now Woodcock, whose brother, Charles, was shot to death in July by his estranged wife Vallow’s brother, who died on December 12, revealed that her only hope is that her grandchildren can be brought back safely.

“I’m not worried for Lori one bit, she made her bed. My hope is that she gets apprehended and has to face a jury. That’s my hope. So that’s what we pray,” said Woodcock. “I quit worrying about her a long time ago when she wouldn’t let us see our [nephew] after my brother died, after he was murdered. After they murdered him, she would not allow me to see him or talk to him.” "

More at link.

I never realized it was FAMILY MEMBERS she told that Tylee had died. What the heck?!!! I knew she had said it to someone, but family? How long ago did she say that? And who to? Totally crazy. I want to know more about this detail. I assumed she had said this to a stranger of sorts- but family?
Yeah, I had assumed she was giving background info to a new acquaintance or maybe CD's kids, not to an actual family member who knew her! That is insane. Do you think Lori thought Tylee had been body switched too?!

Radar link

Aunt Of Missing Idaho Kids Reveals Their Mom & Stepdad's Involvement In Secret 'Cult'

"Woodcock said Daybell – who had written numerous books focusing on the end of the world – was kicked out of the Mormon church before leading Preparing A People.

“They say it’s Mormon based, but Chad Daybell was ex-communicated from the Mormon church and Lori will be too,” she said. “So it’s absolutely not Mormon, it’s a cult. Daybell wrote all these books with his own thoughts about things, and then it went from there.”

Now Woodcock, whose brother, Charles, was shot to death in July by his estranged wife Vallow’s brother, who died on December 12, revealed that her only hope is that her grandchildren can be brought back safely.

“I’m not worried for Lori one bit, she made her bed. My hope is that she gets apprehended and has to face a jury. That’s my hope. So that’s what we pray,” said Woodcock. “I quit worrying about her a long time ago when she wouldn’t let us see our [nephew] after my brother died, after he was murdered. After they murdered him, she would not allow me to see him or talk to him.” "

More at link.

For the most part I've tended to believe what Kay says, but this sounds like she's either blindly quoting the Daily Mail or (not being sure of the timing) coming up with this on her own.

You make an excellent point! I have wondered myself if there isn't truth to the custody talk too. As in the Woodcock's may have made threats they would get custody of JJ back or reverse the adoption. I believe this was the remedy she spoke of during the press conference. Only thing is they took off before they could get anything filed and served. Also, I'm not ruiling out a jilted lover scenerio with Charles and the chance that he lied in those divorce papers. Just because he said it doesn't make an ounce of it true. If I hadn't experienced something similar with an ex-spouse that lied on me and made me look like the abuser and crazy then I probably could be more inclined to believe this story hook, line, and sinker, but I have. Yes, I know Charles did end up dead, but I have a theory on that. What if he did go and start a fight, not anticipating Alex having a gun, in order to prove that they were out to hurt him or to make her look bad and it backfired horribly. What if Alex really did kill him in self defense?
Stop immediately. Alex was a hitman, convicted!!

For the most part I've tended to believe what Kay says, but this sounds like she's either blindly quoting the Daily Mail or (not being sure of the timing) coming up with this on her own.
Radar say it is an exclusive interview so I would think it is verbatim but MOO.

I never even thought of the body switching angle. JMO
It would make sense, IMO. She thought Charles had been, and he ended up dead. We know she said the kids were dark...entities? I can't remember the verbiage used when that came out. But now the kids are missing. I wonder what she thought of Tylee's biodad and how she thought of Tammy

Last edited:
You make an excellent point! I have wondered myself if there isn't truth to the custody talk too. As in the Woodcock's may have made threats they would get custody of JJ back or reverse the adoption. I believe this was the remedy she spoke of during the press conference. Only thing is they took off before they could get anything filed and served. Also, I'm not ruiling out a jilted lover scenerio with Charles and the chance that he lied in those divorce papers. Just because he said it doesn't make an ounce of it true. If I hadn't experienced something similar with an ex-spouse that lied on me and made me look like the abuser and crazy then I probably could be more inclined to believe this story hook, line, and sinker, but I have. Yes, I know Charles did end up dead, but I have a theory on that. What if he did go and start a fight, not anticipating Alex having a gun, in order to prove that they were out to hurt him or to make her look bad and it backfired horribly. What if Alex really did kill him in self defense?

As far as custody issues, none of that explains why they fled from law enforcement. The police had no power to take the children that day, it was a simple welfare check. They could have just shown the children, wherever they are, and it wouldn’t change anything re any custody issues. Those would be dealt with by a court.

Instead they fled and now they’re the subject of a nationwide FBI manhunt, I really don’t see how this fixes a custody dispute - if it exists. They certainly haven’t made anything better for themselves, or more importantly the children!

Since it's been quoted by Lori that Tylee died some time ago, and Chad said simply that Lori had no minor children, it seems that is prima facie evidence they are in serious danger, or worse, and the police should put out warrants for their arrest ASAP. I cannot see any reason to continue to delay this inevitable step. MOO

A lot of children who have disabilities are eligible for ESY, Extended School Year services, so they don't lose any skills over the extended summer break.

If JJ was eligible for ESY, he has some significant issues. Which concerns me, children who have disabilities are at a higher risk for child abuse. Lori doesn't seem to be the best parent for a child with disabilities.

JJ is eligible for his Father's Social Security benefits, as a child with a dead father, the same as Tylee. Together, the both of them were probably bringing in $4000, if not more in benefits, a month.

I would be interested to know where this money is currently being deposited. And how long Lori will have access to this money, now that the whereabouts of the children is in question.
It may have been ESY, but more likely DTS.
Arizona is the number one state in the US when it comes to providing services to people with developmental disabilities, and part of the reason is the extensive funding for programs that allow those children and adults to fully participate in the community ( as opposed to being warehoused). DTS is the funding provided in the summer (DTT is after school, DTA is the program for adults), and there are dozens of programs/agencies that are available. It is not daycare, each person has an extensive list of goals to be worked on during that time. However it is more flexible than school hours, so their going to breakfast first and then program would not be strange, especially if it had been a while since they had seen each other. Moo.
ETA: IME, ESY is very limited timewise, it is summer school, for maybe 2-3 hours a day, whereas DTS is usually longer, and more tailored to the student.

It would make sense, IMO. She thought Charles had been, and he ended up dead. We know she said the kids were dark...entities? I can't remember the verbiage used when that came out. But now the kids are missing. I wonder what she thought of Tylee's biodad and how she thought of Tammy

Level 3 dark spirits, I believe.

Since it's been quoted by Lori that Tylee died some time ago, and Chad said simply that Lori had no minor children, it seems that is prima facie evidence they are in serious danger, or worse, and the police should put out warrants for their arrest ASAP. I cannot see any reason to continue to delay this inevitable step. MOO

What charges though? Lying? JMO

It is possible that everyone has lied to both LE and the media. I myself have been involved with two newspaper articles in which the facts were not accurately reported. Sometimes it's due to the rush to get info out, or get the scoop, or just because of a lack of due diligence. And we've all heard of LE scenarios where they completely screwed up--failed to secure a crime scene (Ramsey.), etc. It serves is all well to be skeptical until evidence is produced and even eye witnesses are unreliable.

That being said, it would be incredibly easy to provide proof the children are safe. If they are in hiding due to custody fears (which, in their delusions, they may believe whether or not that's the case), they could then negotiate further with LE through their lawyer, stating their case to maintain custody. That they are not pursuing those angles, if they are innocent, does not make any sense, in my opinion.

Lots of dead bodies under suspicious circumstances doesn't help, either.

Can you provide a scenario where "acting really guilty" makes sense? Or even where hiding makes sense?

Well, how can Lori have access for the money for the children if they children are no longer with her? Wouldn't authorities at least stop that?
Which I why I posted days ago that LE needs to submit a fraud investigation claim to the SSA. They have very strict requirements, and are very fast at acting on possible fraud. Like by the end if the month fast. Especially if LE has witnesses claiming that Lori has claimed at least one of the children is deceased. Moo.

Last edited:
As far as custody issues, none of that explains why they fled from law enforcement. The police had no power to take the children that day, it was a simple welfare check. They could have just shown the children, wherever they are, and it wouldn’t change anything re any custody issues. Those would be dealt with by a court.

Instead they fled and now they’re the subject of a nationwide FBI manhunt, I really don’t see how this fixes a custody dispute - if it exists. They certainly haven’t made anything better for themselves, or more importantly the children!

Lori likely knew Charles had taken steps to legally limit JJ's interaction with her (the protection order, the mental hold evaluation). When Charles died, she must have known that paperwork was still floating around and might cause problems. When the welfare check happened she likely knew it was coming from the Woodcocks, and took it as proof they were going to try and take the kids and hid them instead. If she dodged the mental evaluation by hiding from LE for long enough, perhaps she thought the custody issue would blow over as well if she just hid the kids for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend