Found Deceased UK - Kevin Lynch, 45, Bristol, visiting from Dublin, 23 Dec 2019

Officers have established he travelled to Bristol and was in the Harbourside area of the city in the early hours of Monday, 23 December and have subsequently been searching the area today (Wednesday).

Kevin is described as white, 6ft 1in tall, of muscular build, with short, dark brown hair and an Irish accent.

When last seen by his friends he was wearing a long black coat, blue shirt, grey trousers and brogue-style shoes.

CCTV image released in search of Kevin Lynch | Avon and Somerset Police

Kevin-Lynch_web.jpg

Police release last known image of missing man
1_CCTVKevinLynch.jpg
This is the last known sighting of Kevin
"Kevin Lynch was staying at a house in Portishead, on a visit from Dublin, when he disappeared on December 23.

He failed to catch his planned return flight home and has not been in contact with his family, friends or his workplace since - which detectives say is extremely 'out of character'.

Officers have uncovered he travelled to Bristol and was in the Harbourside area in the early hours of Monday, ( December 23)."

“A review of CCTV footage has established he turned left onto Hotwell Road from Canons Way at 2.51am on the Monday before Christmas.

“Were you out in Bristol in the early hours of that Monday? Do you recall seeing Kevin?

“If you have any information which could help our inquiry please don’t hesitate to get in touch.”
"If you can help, call 101 and provide the call handler with the reference 5219295362."
Wondering if KL was visiting someone in one of the dormitories?
rbbm.
Portishead latest news - Bristol Live
"Portishead is a coastal town on the Severn Estuary in Somerset. It has a population of around 25,000 people. Portishead has a long history as a fishing port but is now primarily a dormitory town for Bristol, although a range of service industries now base themselves in the town. The HQ of Avon and Somerset Constabulary is in Portishead."

I think his shirt is open and it's blown back in the wind/Where he's walking

Yes I think you are right. On closer look it seems like shirt is open from chest height, and not tucked into his pants. Was he attacked? Is that why he's running?

No CCTV after this one? Where does Hotwell Rd lead to?

Yes I think you are right. On closer look it seems like shirt is open from chest height, and not tucked into his pants. Was he attacked? Is that why he's running?

No CCTV after this one? Where does Hotwell Rd lead to?

BBM

Dear @Elainera,

Great question! Are there further CCTV's down the road?

Also, taxis would be out and about - at least a few- that time in the morning. Perhaps they have come forward with information after learning about Mr. Lynch's disappearance.

Without referring to maps, I’m pretty sure Hotwells Rd goes away from the city, towards the Clifton Suspension Bridge...running alongside water all the time...although the River Severn is a tidal river, just lots of mud certain times and had he gone into the river rather than at the Harbourside I think he likely would have been found by now...there is definitely a lot of water in that area...

ETA Clifton Suspension Bridge and surrounds are, for want of a better term, “suicide hotspots” and well known as such...

rjgn57p5iN4A1dht8
Without referring to maps, I’m pretty sure Hotwells Rd goes away from the city, towards the Clifton Suspension Bridge...running alongside water all the time...although the River Severn is a tidal river, just lots of mud certain times and had he gone into the river rather than at the Harbourside I think he likely would have been found by now...there is definitely a lot of water in that area...

ETA Clifton Suspension Bridge and surrounds are, for want of a better term, “suicide hotspots” and well known as such...
Its not that near, but he'd be on the road under the suspension bridge rather than being able to access the actual bridge easily from this location

rjgn57p5iN4A1dht8

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, sorry for Mr Lynch's family.
Police dive team to search for missing man today
Jan 10 2020
"A police dive team will begin searching the Cumberland Basin this morning (January 10) as part of efforts to trace a man who vanished before Christmas."
"Both the Cumberland Basin and harbour area will now be searched in an effort to find Kevin."
"Anyone with information which could help enquiries is asked to contact the police, reference 5219295362"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back